Author Topic: NFL picks  (Read 9812 times)

Drij

• Getbig IV
NFL picks
« on: January 12, 2007, 10:37:51 AM »
Ravens
Bears
Saints
Chargers (I know NE - Playoffs) I want them to lose

body88

Re: NFL picks
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 10:39:33 AM »
ravens
Saints
seattle
Pats

NE vs SD breakdown

quarterback : Advantage NE ( Brady 2 time superbowl mvp,3 time sb winner, 11- 1 postseason) Rivers is great, but he is a playoff rookie. That COULD hurt him.

Running back
  : Advantage San D ( While Maroney Faulk and Dillon are very good... But, LT is on another level,neal is a monster and Turner is pretty good to)

Recievers : Slight advantage pats. Pats have  slightly better recivers as a whole. McCardel has been a disapointment for the chargers. San D's top two recievers are the tight end and the running back. Neither group (wr's) are stars. 6'4, 240 lb Chad Jackson is healthy and could have a break out game for NE. With the reliability of Caldwell and Brown and the break out game Gaffney had I give them the slight edge.

D line : Advntage pats : Wilfork and Willaims are the best in the game, the advantage to the pats is made by Seymour and Warren, who are slightly better then Castillo and Olhansky

Offensive line
: advantage San D  While the the NE O line has suffered from injury this year they have come on strong. Only allowing 5 sacks in the last 4 games. Lt's ability makes it hard to tell how well the line actually is blocking, but I give the advantage to the chargers since they had fewer sacks this year

Linebackers : advantage San D ( MERRIMAN!!!)

Secondary
: advantage pats ( Asanti samuel has 11 picks on the year the chargers finsihed 13th aginst the pass giving up 19 tds. The pats secondary have only given up 10 tds on the year

Special teams : advantage San D   which comes down to the kicker Glaskowski has very good .769 making 20 - 26 while Keading is a near perfect .897 making 26 -29 The pats have slightly better coverage but the nod goes to san d because of the spectacular field goal unit. Maroney has a 30 yard return average, to turners 25 yard average

Coaches : huge advantage NE :  Bill ( 3 time superbowl winner 12-2 postseason) ( Marty 5 12 postseason chokemaster)

The chargers are better talent wise but the pats match up well.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 11:52:44 AM »
Pats!!!!!!!!    They are my team to root for in this years playoffs
Saints
Bears (fags)
Ravens

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2007, 12:43:56 PM »
Colts-  This is the year...they faced adversity and know how to win tough games
Saints- too versitle, too many weapons
Bears- Solider Field
Chargers- LT and Marimon as well as no Harrison for Pats...

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2007, 12:48:48 PM »
Colts
Saints
Bears
Chargers by LT domination.

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2007, 01:33:08 PM »
what are we picking the final four for the confrence finals

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2007, 01:55:05 PM »
Colts-  This is the year...they faced adversity and know how to win tough games
Saints- too versitle, too many weapons
Bears- Solider Field
Chargers- LT and Marimon as well as no Harrison for Pats...

My picks exactly. Merriman is a fucking beast. 17 sacks with 4 games off, unreal.
E

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2007, 01:57:09 PM »
ravens
charger in the afc

saints
bears in nfc

body88

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2007, 02:09:02 PM »
Ne
ravens

Seahawks
No

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2007, 02:10:07 PM »
Ne
ravens

Seahawks
No
wow the seahawks thats a bold pick brotha  :o

body88

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2007, 02:15:36 PM »
wow the seahawks thats a bold pick brotha  :o

That chicago defense is not the same.. Rex is unpredicatable, Alexander is going to break out sooner or later. He has not been the himeself since he hurt his foot. My man Branch will be playing, have to root for him!

body88

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2007, 02:54:11 PM »
Can anyone break down the other games, like I did above with the NE/ SD matchup?

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2007, 02:55:23 PM »
That chicago defense is not the same.. Rex is unpredicatable, Alexander is going to break out sooner or later. He has not been the himeself since he hurt his foot. My man Branch will be playing, have to root for him!
thats a lot of work brotha

body88

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2007, 03:01:59 PM »
thats a lot of work brotha

Overcoming the Chicago defense?

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2007, 03:04:06 PM »

Overcoming the Chicago defense?
hhaahhah quoted the wrong thing i was refering to when you asked someone to break the other games down the way you did  ;D

body88

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2007, 03:12:08 PM »
hhaahhah quoted the wrong thing i was refering to when you asked someone to break the other games down the way you did  ;D

You have to love the turn around time for bad teams. Not to long ago San D almost moved out of the city. Eli would not play for them, etc, etc.... Now they are the best team in the AFC, gunning for a superbowl. They have a great future also.

Football is great.

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2007, 03:13:22 PM »
You have to love the turn around time for bad teams. Not to long ago San D almost moved out of the city. Eli would not play for them, etc, etc.... Now they are the best team in the AFC, gunning for a superbowl. They have a great future also.

Football is great.
just like tha siants and eagles baby

body88

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2007, 03:15:59 PM »
just like tha siants and eagles baby

I am rooting for the saints. I can only vote for BC alum Matt Hassleback, and former Pats wr Dieon Branch to a certain point. The higher they get, the lower our first round pick goes! :-X

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2007, 03:17:02 PM »
I am rooting for the saints. I can only vote for bc alum Hassleback and former Pat branch to a certain point. The higher they get the lower our first round pick goes! :-X
very true are you guys shopping for a qb this year toms getten old  ;D

body88

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2007, 03:19:52 PM »
very true are you guys shopping for a qb this year toms getten old  ;D

I think we might wanna finally get Tommy boy a big time reciever or two, for his prime years. The free agent market is going to be a legit one for wr's this offseason. The picks will most likley be used for a defensive back and middle linebacker. But, you never know. Although Telly has stepped it up this year. Jr is older, and with the massive injuries in the secondary this year they need some insurance for Asanti Wilson Harrison and Hobbs imo.

Most everyone else is locked up, besides Asanti who they started negotiating with.

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2007, 03:22:29 PM »

I think we might wanna finally get Tommy boy a big time reciever or two, for his prime years. The free agent market is going to be a good one for wr's this offseason. The picks will most likley be used for a defensive back and middle linebacker. Jr is older, and with the massive injuries in the secondary this year they need some insurance for Wilson and Hobbs imo.

Most everyone else is locked up, besides Asanti who they started negotiating with.

what do my falcons gotta do body help a brotha out  :'(

body88

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2007, 03:28:34 PM »
what do my falcons gotta do body help a brotha out  :'(

See if vick can put it together this year with a new coach. If not, maybe it is time to see if a different qb would be a better choice for you guys. maybe pick up a few quality recievers from free agency.

I do not know a ton about Atlanta (stats) so I cannot speak 100 perent sure about it.

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2007, 03:31:33 PM »

See if vick can put it together this year with a new coach. If not, maybe it is time to see if a different qb would be a better choice for you guys. maybe pick up a few quality recievers from free agency.

I do not know a ton about Atlanta (stats) so I cannot speak 100 perent sure about it.
thats pretty much what they need is fucken receivers

body88

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2007, 03:34:44 PM »
thats pretty much what they need is fucken receivers

They can pick some up in the draft or free agency.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2007, 03:58:09 PM »
If LT breaks 2 TD's or 100+ yards, SD by blowout!!!!