Author Topic: I'm starting to think the terrorist threat is..........  (Read 12093 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
I'm starting to think the terrorist threat is..........
« on: January 12, 2007, 10:49:33 AM »
I'm starting to think the terrorist threat is not as strong as it is made out to be by the government.

Reasons:

-  no major or even notable minor attack on US soil since 9/11
-  We are very vulerable at ports yet nothing has happened
-  Shooting down an 757 at an airport with a stinger missle would be a piece of cake and it hasn't happend
-  Pulling up 2000 meters from a runway with a .50 cal can cause a big problem.....hasn't happened.

I think our counter intellengence is doing a a fine job and outside of that there is no real threat.

Also the only military threat we face is in iraq in the form of insurgents..........some thing we so brilliantly created.

Yep,  i would be suprised if this whole thing is more a scare tactic for the support of defense spending.

Just my opinion.  Hunch, suspicion etc...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: I'm starting to think the terrorist threat is..........
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 10:53:50 AM »
I'm starting to think the terrorist threat is not as strong as it is made out to be by the government.

Reasons:

Because of heightened and better security?  In addition, we sent a strong message to terrorists, and their hosts, by wiping out the Taliban and Al Qaeda in Afghanistan.  I recall there being a potential crisis with Libya after 9/11, and Kaddafi was uncharacteristically compliant.  I'd credit his response to our strong response to 9/11.     

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 10:54:36 AM »
Because of heightened and better security?  In addition, we sent a strong message to terrorists, and their hosts, by wiping out the Taliban and Al Qaeda in Afghanistan.  I recall there being a potential crisis with Libya after 9/11, and Kaddafi was uncharacteristically compliant.  I'd credit his response to our strong response to 9/11.     

I agree I agree.

That's why i don;t hink it is the threat it's made out ot be any longer

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2007, 10:57:14 AM »
I agree I agree.

That's why i don;t hink it is the threat it's made out ot be any longer

I don't know man.  I think there are elements continually planning attacks against the U.S.  I don't think we can ever let our guard down. 

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2007, 10:57:59 AM »
Think of suicide attacks, why are there no suicide attacks? With all the sleeper cells around us and "them" wanting to die ::) there should be more suicide attacks.
And please don't tell me they don't have the "hardware" to carry out an attack, the US is full of nasty shit you can use to kill a couple of people.

I tell you something, there is no fucking thread or at least the thread is very minor... look at these idiots trying to blow up the planes in england, do you seriously believe they had any chance to carry out their mission? They were as stupid as the guy who tried to set his sneekers on fire to blow up the Semtex he hid in them.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2007, 11:01:59 AM »
they would have implemented the 911 commission recommendations if the domestic threat was real.

they have been releasing "terror scares" every time Bush's poll numbers dropped.

Many of the suspects in local "plots" were half-retarded dropouts who went along with an FBI snitch's plan after he approached them.  They're set up patsies used to keep a steady flow of arrests.  ANyone curious why that giant UK plane scare is no longer in the news? Cause those arrested have been being released.  

Why did the Repubs run ads with nuclear bombs with Osama's face right before the election?  (Is this a clear example of fearmongering?)  

A scared population votes repub, while one that feels safe votes democrat.  Repubs have been playing the drama queen card from minute one on this.  And when we're involved in several "maintenance" wars - (afghan and iraq now) - the defense firms (tied closely to media and wall street you know) benefit greatly.

Geez, for anyone to deny Bush has been a drama queen about it, or cried wolf... well, you're blinded by your loyalty.  Same guy who would swear on a bible his brother didn't stab that guy, even as his blood soaked brother confesses.

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2007, 11:03:00 AM »

Reasons:

-  Shooting down an 757 at an airport with a stinger missle would be a piece of cake and it hasn't happend
-  Pulling up 2000 meters from a runway with a .50 cal can cause a big problem.....hasn't happened.

I think our counter intellengence is doing a a fine job and outside of that there is no real threat.

Also the only military threat we face is in iraq in the form of insurgents..........some thing we so brilliantly created.

Yep,  i would be suprised if this whole thing is more a scare tactic for the support of defense spending.

Now go write george w. bush a letter of gratitude.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2007, 11:03:10 AM »

Reasons:

But if we pullout you can bet the terror threat will increase 10 fold!

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2007, 11:03:40 AM »
I don't know man.  I think there are elements continually planning attacks against the U.S.  I don't think we can ever let our guard down. 

No certainly not.  But fear based hysteria is like political capital you can spend freely.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2007, 11:04:03 AM »

no one is asking you to unlock your doors and play Kum-Bi-Yah.

Explain bush not protecting the borders.  obviously anyone concerned with domestic terror would have 20,000 troops with rifles guarding that border.

THe solution CAN lie somewhere in between taking control of 4 soverign nations, and laying down to die.  You CAN defend yourself without conquering others.  But you don't see that.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2007, 11:06:14 AM »
Now go write george w. bush a letter of gratitude.

I should write a letter of congratualtions for making one good decision.  Afghanistan.

Then i should pound his face with my fist for making mistake that invovled 3000 dead, 350 billion in debt, the port authority plan, etc...

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2007, 11:07:11 AM »
But if we pullout you can bet the terror threat will increase 10 fold!

Terror in that region will increase becuase your beloved leader is an idiot for getting us invovled there to begin with.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2007, 11:08:12 AM »
Mr I - I hear you continually say "the terror threat will increase tenfold".  

Can you clarify that?  They are killing 4 men a day now.

Will they be killing 40 Americans a day if we turn over Iraq to its own leaders?

If you say yes, PLEASE quantify this and explain your rationale.  THat's 14,600 deaths a year.  FIVE 9/11s each year, if we let Malaki run his own nation.

Please tell us how poor iraqis are going to be able to pull off another 9/11 on US soil, every 10 weeks from now on, if we step back and they enter civil war and kill each other off.

I watch FOX a lot too - and I hear the "terror will increase tenfold" all day long.  But no one is able to explain just how we're going to have FIVE 9/11 attacks each year by letting the Iraqis police themselves.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2007, 11:09:37 AM »
I should write a letter of congratualtions for making one good decision.  Afghanistan.

I thought I heard yesterday that 5,000 men are being pulled from afghan and sent to iraq.

Afghanistand and Iraq will soon be very obviously "maintenance" wars, where we spend, lose men, and accomplish nothing while we invade iran.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2007, 11:12:09 AM »
If we invade Iran unprovoked we will have become Nazi GErmany.   (Just my feeling at the moment)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2007, 11:13:40 AM »
No certainly not.  But fear based hysteria is like political capital you can spend freely.

True.  But keep in mind 9/11 was years in the making.  Whatever future attack, if any, that occurs on our soil is being planned right now.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2007, 11:14:28 AM »
True.  But keep in mind 9/11 was years in the making.  Whatever future attack, if any, that occurs on our soil is being planned right now.

In Iraq?

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2007, 11:17:19 AM »
True.  But keep in mind 9/11 was years in the making.  Whatever future attack, if any, that occurs on our soil is being planned right now.

Yes,  but that's a counter intellengence thing.  Not a military thing.  Long as we have quick deployment brigades (strikers, air cav, special forces etc...) and a strong navy and air force we can address virtually anything terrorist threat wise that would require military action.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2007, 11:18:42 AM »

In Iraq?

We are talking about domestic terrorism and whether the domestic terror threat is exaggerated or not.  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2007, 11:20:58 AM »
We are talking about domestic terrorism and whether the domestic terror threat is exaggerated or not.  

Okay.  Then tell us how you know the next 9/11 is being planned.

(If your answer is "Because Bush said so", then you employ circular logic in using the topic of this thread to defend itself)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2007, 11:22:13 AM »

(If your answer is "Because Bush said so", then you employ circular logic in using the topic of this thread to defend itself)

Dumb question. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2007, 11:22:49 AM »

Check it out...

I was at theporland airport a while back and i was 300 yeards from the runway watching planes take off (at the Airport Sheraton)  The only thing seperating me was a chianlink fence about 8 feet high.

Then i sat at the endof the run way watch planes land over my head at about 200-300 feet. 

Our counter intellence in the USA is doing a good job AND perhaps the threat isn;t what its made out to be.

Planning and executing are 2 different things....  point is:  it's been almost 6 years now.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2007, 11:23:01 AM »
Yes,  but that's a counter intellengence thing.  Not a military thing.  Long as we have quick deployment brigades (strikers, air cav, special forces etc...) and a strong navy and air force we can address virtually anything terrorist threat wise that would require military action.

You're talking about reaction, not prevention.  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2007, 11:24:18 AM »
Dumb question. 

I think it's a brilliant question you cannot answer:

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2007, 11:25:31 AM »
You're talking about reaction, not prevention. 

Counter intelligence is prevention.....isn't it?

So is homeland security.