Author Topic: Bodybuilders and Golf  (Read 5339 times)

Mr. Intenseone

Re: Bodybuilders and Golf
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2007, 08:47:25 PM »
I play twice a week and even have a Golf Association membership. I am regualr at the West Manchester Course in LA LOL. It is pretty cool as it is right in the heart of LA. Who else plays and do you think being bigger helps?

Guy
www.fitness-video.net

If your in LA, I don't think you mean "West Manchester"..........I think you mean "Westchester" and it's an nice course but your right under flight patterns for LAX!!

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2007, 08:49:09 PM »
Nice pic Keith, what year in the 70's was that ::)

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2007, 08:49:37 PM »
When I lived in LA I played about 3 times a week with my friends.  When I first moved here I played quite a bit.  I have on allot of courses around the country.  I used to play allot.  I haven't hit a golf ball since around 1997 or so.  Last time was on the Blue course at Wailea on Maui with my brother.  He came over for his honeymoon.  It cost $360 for a round.  He paid.  That is the pic.  I think VInce said he used to work as a ball catcher on the driving range

I love Golf, my son and I try to play at least 2 times per month!

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2007, 08:51:21 PM »
st andrews, la quinta, avenel, burning tree, shaker ridge, the springs, army-navy, thunderbird, highland light plus courses in india, spain and france.  too many to count... :o  
horses? no beautiful animals but lost 2 buddies to freak accidents on horses.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2007, 09:43:16 PM »
Westchester is a shithole, Guy...let me know if you need some pointers.

I'll bring you onto Anaheim Hills next time we have an opening...

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2007, 09:59:16 PM »

Anaheim Hills blows, take him to Peliquin Hills  or Strawberry Farms or to Palm Springs for links play!

Mr Gethin

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2007, 10:19:59 PM »
Hey Guy, how old are you mate? I thought you had to be in your 40's to appreciate golf. Lets bring you back a few years, we'll start a rugby team if you like. I'm willing to do it to save you before its to late. Tweed trousers..........please tell me it isnt so....aahhhh!

Happy New Year
Deputy Editor

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2007, 10:20:22 PM »
Anaheim Hills blows?

It's a tough course...why do you say that?

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2007, 10:21:33 PM »

Why make fun of me ???  That was 97 on Maui with my bro

Mr Gethin

• Getbig III
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2007, 10:24:27 PM »
Anaheim Hills blows?

It's a tough course...why do you say that?

Because he plays on PS2 ;D
Deputy Editor

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2007, 10:26:53 PM »
You guys need to play in Hawaii.  I used to play at Victoria whihc is flat as hell but very long.  Westchester is somewhere we we played once in awhile.  Not a great course.  Rolling Hills CC is very nice with allot of tree.  Western is not that hot either but big and in a bad neighborhood.  Bear Creek in Boca Raton is awesome.  The traps are so deep they have ladders going down to them.  You have to have a friend line up your shot cause you can't see out of them.  My dad played allot and always took me and my brother.  My brother is serious.  he takes two vacations a year and travels with his buddies (all cops) to a different course around the world.  He has played on the best.  I am way to big now to play but someday.  Lake Elsinsore (Canyon Creek) is okay too.

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2007, 10:31:15 PM »
no being bigger does not help...i used to play 3 times a week and was at the driving range almost everyday...At one time i was a 12 handicap...not real good but not bad...

A piece of advice i would give you is this...never try to change your swing on the course...All that should be done on the driving range...Go to the range, find your swing and take it to the course...If your not taking lessons, do so...I didn't and picked up alot of bad habits...the earlier you take lessons the easier it will be...If you can't break 100 after a few times out on the course(depending on the course/a slop under 130) stop playing and put all that time into your swing at the range...You'll be doing everyone on the course a favor by not slowing everyone down...(don't be that guy) the worst thing is when you and a buddy go out to play in a 2some but they throw to 80 year olds in with you to make it a 4some and your holding them up..And they are out driving you...

Your size and strengh means nothing...Michelle wie is a 15 year old girl probably 130 pounds soaking wet and she will hit it almost 300 yards on every driving hole...And you won't...Their is a reason and it has nothing to do with strengh.

good luck and have fun...its the best game in the world to play...You against the course...

also watch alot of golf on tv...watch how easy they make it...

oh yeah --don't walk in someone line and don't leave you bag/cart at the front of the green

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2007, 10:34:08 PM »

LOL...

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2007, 12:10:48 AM »
ive been playing golf since i was 9 years old....i statred out with private lessons with a guy who played on the tour for a few seasons...he got me to a 12 handicap at the age of 13.  i played in the same junior association as tigr woods did when he was younger; and i even placed in some of the tournaments!!! but then i stopped playing for about 2 years...since then..i play about once a month; and consistantly shoot mid 80's...      if i could play the shots between 75 and 150 yards at the same level as all the rest, i would probably be shooting mid 70's.         i need a new driver too...right now im getting about 260 on average...butim using a shitty r510 with 8.5 degree flex and a superstiff shaft.   mother fucker is a bitch..but i can put the ball anywhere i want it.  the only problem is if i want to get any distance; i have to swing out my ass....  and then it ends up in the ruff.   i fucking hate the ruff.
d[-_-]b actin all cool

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2007, 12:46:29 AM »
Id rather play polo on horseback.  A real gentleman`s sport.

homo

Guy Grundy

• Getbig III
  • The more you put in, the Harder it is to Quit
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2007, 01:51:12 AM »
I played golf one time with Don "Ripper Savage" Ross at The Bountry Oaks Country Club, in Walnut Creek Calif. We got stoned on the drive to the Club and never made it past the little warm-up putting green. ;D

We had a high high.

Nothing wrong with smoking a little Bud on the course. I recommend using Blunts. They look like sigar 'sonce you reroll them , they come in numerous flavors ( I like Grape ) and best of all they do not go out. As you can tell I have a little expeirnce in this area.

Guy
www.fitness-video.net

Guy Grundy

• Getbig III
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2007, 01:52:46 AM »
Yeah, I play in the summer too.  I'm not very good either... in fact I'm terrible.

Guy, you should think about some chrome spinners on the cart  ....  and  .... hydraulics.... so you can bounce the front of the cart when you reach the next hole.

Hey Mate!

How are you, I have already lost 4 clubs from driving to crazy. If i got that set up I would look cool but I wouldn't have any clubs left.

Guy
www.fitnetusa.com

Guy Grundy

• Getbig III
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2007, 01:53:37 AM »
Tiger Woods could beat up Vince Goodrum. 

Anybody could beat up Tiity Boy!

Guy
www.grundydvd.com

Guy Grundy

• Getbig III
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2007, 01:56:47 AM »
If your in LA, I don't think you mean "West Manchester"..........I think you mean "Westchester" and it's an nice course but your right under flight patterns for LAX!!

You at 100% correct on both, the plans are close by. I like playing golf and you can see and hear planes going by. I also use that as an exseu when I screw up.

Guy
www.fitnetusa.com

Guy Grundy

• Getbig III
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2007, 01:58:08 AM »

I am their Bro! be gentle one Westchester I am the biggest Cat their!

Guy

Guy Grundy

• Getbig III
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2007, 01:59:56 AM »
Hey Guy, how old are you mate? I thought you had to be in your 40's to appreciate golf. Lets bring you back a few years, we'll start a rugby team if you like. I'm willing to do it to save you before its to late. Tweed trousers..........please tell me it isnt so....aahhhh!

Happy New Year

LOL, you can wear a Tank at Westchester! One of the reasons I like it I guess. I am 36 now Buddy, noit a young buck like your self.
Guy

www.fitnetusa.com

Guy Grundy

• Getbig III
« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2007, 02:04:14 AM »
You guys need to play in Hawaii.  I used to play at Victoria whihc is flat as hell but very long.  Westchester is somewhere we we played once in awhile.  Not a great course.  Rolling Hills CC is very nice with allot of tree.  Western is not that hot either but big and in a bad neighborhood.  Bear Creek in Boca Raton is awesome.  The traps are so deep they have ladders going down to them.  You have to have a friend line up your shot cause you can't see out of them.  My dad played allot and always took me and my brother.  My brother is serious.  he takes two vacations a year and travels with his buddies (all cops) to a different course around the world.  He has played on the best.  I am way to big now to play but someday.  Lake Elsinsore (Canyon Creek) is okay too.

WOW, that is pretty Cool. I am playing a round at the Trump National Golf Course in Palos Verdes. My wife and I renewed our Vowles recently and had our recpetion at the Donald Trump Restuarant and my best man bount me a round of Golf. Something like $300. My mate played their and he is Ok and he said he lost 20 balls. After I heard that I figured I would wait a little LOL

Guy
www.fitnetusa.com

Guy Grundy

• Getbig III
« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2007, 02:07:15 AM »
no being bigger does not help...i used to play 3 times a week and was at the driving range almost everyday...At one time i was a 12 handicap...not real good but not bad...

A piece of advice i would give you is this...never try to change your swing on the course...All that should be done on the driving range...Go to the range, find your swing and take it to the course...If your not taking lessons, do so...I didn't and picked up alot of bad habits...the earlier you take lessons the easier it will be...If you can't break 100 after a few times out on the course(depending on the course/a slop under 130) stop playing and put all that time into your swing at the range...You'll be doing everyone on the course a favor by not slowing everyone down...(don't be that guy) the worst thing is when you and a buddy go out to play in a 2some but they throw to 80 year olds in with you to make it a 4some and your holding them up..And they are out driving you...

Your size and strengh means nothing...Michelle wie is a 15 year old girl probably 130 pounds soaking wet and she will hit it almost 300 yards on every driving hole...And you won't...Their is a reason and it has nothing to do with strengh.

good luck and have fun...its the best game in the world to play...You against the course...

also watch alot of golf on tv...watch how easy they make it...

oh yeah --don't walk in someone line and don't leave you bag/cart at the front of the green

Westchester is only 15 Holes. I do 74 for the 15 holes. I have very good Gold ettiquette. Read the rules and such so I am always freindly and cool. I played with a 7 year old and his Grandad. They were cool so it was fun.

Guy
www.fitnetusa.com

Guy Grundy

• Getbig III
« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2007, 02:08:39 AM »
 then it ends up in the ruff.   i fucking hate the ruff.
[/quote]

LOL

Guy
www.fitnetusa.com

boonstack

• Getbig IV
  • watch out ladies... chaos is on the prowl
« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2007, 02:11:18 AM »
Nothing wrong with smoking a little Bud on the course. I recommend using Blunts. They look like sigar 'sonce you reroll them , they come in numerous flavors ( I like Grape ) and best of all they do not go out. As you can tell I have a little expeirnce in this area.

Guy
www.fitness-video.net

I think I now want to buy your DVD as you have presented your marketing abilities outstandingly ::)