Author Topic: Do you support embedding US troops with iraqi units?  (Read 935 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Do you support embedding US troops with iraqi units?
« on: January 12, 2007, 09:31:27 PM »
Embedded troops will work, live, and sleep with their Iraqi counterparts.  They will no longer sleep in the green zone or secure US locations.  They will now sleep with the Iraqi forces in Iraqi police stations.  This will make them much more vulnerable to car bombs hitting the buildings, death squads, corrupt policeman, and many more things.

Do you support this, or see it as a major flaw which will only put our troops at an additional risk?

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
Re: Do you support embedding US troops with iraqi units?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 10:56:42 PM »
Additional risk for sure.

Jeff Miller

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2007, 01:25:02 AM »
Depends on where they are at.  The military will ensure appropriate force protection measures and life support before they just let soldiers live 24-7 on an Iraqi FOB, police station, what have you.  But as far as the mission, hell -- I've been doing it for 11 months.  I'd trust most of the guys in my Iraqi unit with my life, no question.  We've fought side by side for a year.  But the U.S. military leaders will make those calls -- none of them are in a hurry to lose any soldiers, trust me.
ChuckNorrisFearsMe

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2007, 01:47:53 AM »
Depends on where they are at.  The military will ensure appropriate force protection measures and life support before they just let soldiers live 24-7 on an Iraqi FOB, police station, what have you.  But as far as the mission, hell -- I've been doing it for 11 months.  I'd trust most of the guys in my Iraqi unit with my life, no question.  We've fought side by side for a year.  But the U.S. military leaders will make those calls -- none of them are in a hurry to lose any soldiers, trust me.

what on earth are you doing on a political board?