Author Topic: Bush: If you don't like my Iraq plan, tell me yours  (Read 5599 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Bush: If you don't like my Iraq plan, tell me yours
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2007, 12:45:05 PM »
I'm not saying they shouldn't.  I was thinking as i was typing that maybe it's not really a good idea to put out a detailed plan right now.  Maybe becuase of the moral of the troops and maybe becuase of the fact there are no good answers.

What we are looking for, or at least what you seem to be getting at, is a strategic and tactical plan in Iraq.  That's really something for the president and the generals. 

And 240 does have a point. IMO, It's been 4 days.

I think they have no stones.  Many of them believe we should pull out.  They should get behind Kennedy and support a timed withdrawal if that's what they believe.

I think I would be much more patient if they hadn't already proposed a legislative agenda before taking over and actually voted on measures right after taking over.  Often, especially at the state level, both the executive and legislative branches know precisely what they are going to propose, oppose, etc. BEFORE the session even starts.  Here is an example, from Governor Lingle in Hawaii (our session has not started yet):

Plan for economic innovation unveiled
By Derrick DePledge
Advertiser Government Writer

Gov. Linda Lingle introduced her ideas yesterday at the state Capitol to create school academies specializing in science and technology.

JOAQUIN SIOPACK | The Honolulu Advertiser

GOVERNOR'S INNOVATION AND SUSTAINABILITY INITIATIVE

Education and training in science and technology is a cornerstone of Lingle's plan to gear Hawai'i's workforce to the global economy.

INNOVATION IN EDUCATION

Create science and technology "academies" in middle and high schools.

Pay tuition of academy graduates who go to college in Hawai'i.

Increase college tuition tax deduction to up to $20,000.

Give K-12 teachers of math and science opportunities for refresher courses at UH.

Increase commercial spinoff from UH research.

Add three endowed faculty chairs at UH for science and technology.
INNOVATION IN THE ECONOMY

Develop a digital media center for film post-production and computer game development.

Develop a center for music production and promotion.

Support private sector life sciences and biotechnology research facilty in Kaka'ako.

Create $100 million Hawai'i Innovation Fund to provide capital for promising emerging companies.

Create a Hawai'i Innovation Council to guide public and private sector initiatives.
INNOVATION IN WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT

Create 401K-type accounts in which workers could set aside pre-tax earnings, matched by employers, for job training.

Develop the ability to rapidly train workers in specific fields as business opportunities arise.

Help businesses identify and lure home skilled kama'aina workers now working away from Hawai'i.

Expand opportunities for high school students to gain experience through business internship and mentorships.
INNOVATION IN LINKING HAWAI'I TO GLOBAL ECONOMY

Support international activities in Hawai'i and ties to the Pacific region through the Office of International Affairs and a new International Affairs Council.

Position Hawai'i as the Asia-Pacific gathering place for meetings on economic, security, health and other issues.

Help middle and high school students find opportunities to study abroad.

Make all state permits accessible online by 2010, except those prohibited by law.

Provide free wireless Internet access in public areas of all state buildings, libraries and schools.

Expand affordable wirelsss broadband service on all islands.

Store more government documents digitally and strive for "paperless" state offices.

Create a position of chief information technology officer in the state administration.

Hoping to provide the creative spark for a new generation of Island scientists, engineers and entrepreneurs, Gov. Linda Lingle announced a series of initiatives yesterday to promote innovation and help move the state's economy away from land development.

The two-year, $30 million plan includes new school academies that would specialize in science and technology, a state-backed college scholarship program for science-based graduates, state investments in the life sciences, digital media and music, and incentives for workers to save money that can be used to upgrade their job skills and remain competitive as technology evolves.

Taken individually, none of the governor's ideas match the provocative rhetoric last month in her second inauguration speech, in which she vowed to shift the focus of the state's economy from land development. But collectively, her plan stitches together several promising initiatives that could help diversify an economy overly dependent on tourism, land development and the military.

Lingle, at an afternoon news conference at the state Capitol, said the administration would set measurable goals. The administration believes the plan, if approved by the state Legislature and fully implemented, would raise average household income, increase the number of jobs that pay more than $50,000 a year, and substantially reduce the number of students who enter college needing remedial help in math and other basic subjects.

INITIATING DIALOGUE

Lingle said she wanted to start a dialogue on innovation with lawmakers, educators and the business community. While some of her advisers and partners described the plan as bold and even breathtaking, the governor called it a modest investment with the potential to yield big results.

"Innovation is so important because it's the only way, in our opinion, to preserve the quality of life while raising the standard of living," she said. "It's a clear pathway to sustainability."

The plan has been in the works for months, but Lingle was inspired by a visit this month to New Hampshire, where she met with Dean Kamen, the inventor of the Segway scooter, and attended the opening of his annual school robotics competition. She acknowledged that many of her initiatives have already been tried in some form or have been suggested by state lawmakers in the past, but never in such a comprehensive package. . . .

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070113/NEWS03/701130337

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2007, 12:53:57 PM »
I think they have no stones.  Many of them believe we should pull out. 

How many?  1? 200?

"They" = who? how many?

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2007, 02:52:28 PM »

Quickly the first thing that comes to mind are the attacks on at the WTC in 1993,USS Cole, US embassies and then letting BinLaden go a few times all during the Clinton admisistration!

What did they do exactly and what do you think they should have done instaed?

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2007, 04:51:32 PM »
What did they do exactly and what do you think they should have done instaed?

Personally Clinton should have what Bush did.....go after the terrorists responsible, Bush in essence, is trying to finish what Clinton didn't...which was basically nothing, and fireing a few missiles doesn't cut it, the problem is the administration is fighting a "politically correct" war......it's a fucking WAR and there will be casulties....the enemy is not fighting a "politically correct" war....and we (US) cannot be that way anymore!!

http://www.rense.com/general14/clintonshadow.htm

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2007, 05:39:57 PM »
Personally Clinton should have what Bush did.....go after the terrorists responsible, Bush in essence, is trying to finish what Clinton didn't...which was basically nothing, and fireing a few missiles doesn't cut it, the problem is the administration is fighting a "politically correct" war......it's a fucking WAR and there will be casulties....the enemy is not fighting a "politically correct" war....and we (US) cannot be that way anymore!!

http://www.rense.com/general14/clintonshadow.htm

So based on the terrorist act of a few people (Osama's gang) who inflicted what, 40 deaths?, we should have launched an invasion of Afghanistan and Iraq?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2007, 10:47:52 PM »
So based on the terrorist act of a few people (Osama's gang) who inflicted what, 40 deaths?, we should have launched an invasion of Afghanistan and Iraq?

Remember in 1998, the Taliban offered to turn him over.

Just like in 2001.

So if you're gonna shit on Clinton for not taking him in 1998, please be wise enough to realize Bush didn't take him in 2001 when the Taliban offered him.

yall don't get it.  Bin laden is the boogeyman.  In order to fund 3 or 4 simultaneous wars, you need one.  He was here before bush and he'll be here after bush, and they'll never catch him because they don't want to.  If tora bora, 1998, etc isn't a good enough examples of them "just plain letting him get away", please open your eyes.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2007, 11:35:35 PM »
How many?  1? 200?

"They" = who? how many?

::)

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2007, 11:41:12 PM »
i'll tell u my plan...

and i'll put it in caps..so ya dont miss it...

DONT DESTROY OTHER COUNTRIES UNDER FALSE PRETENSES AND U WONT BE IN THIS MESS...

there is NO out anymore..bush made sure of that..   ;)

and if ya think that wsn't the plan all along..then i'd like to sell you some prime swampland in FL i own  :)
carpe` vaginum!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2007, 11:43:15 PM »
::)

LOL.. you're like the stereotypical sheep.  You don't understand half of what I say, and you can't answer any of my questions.  But you sure like to chime in!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2007, 11:54:37 PM »
LOL.. you're like the stereotypical sheep.  You don't understand half of what I say, and you can't answer any of my questions.  But you sure like to chime in!

"Here is your daily mantra:  ask a dumb a question, don't get the answer you like (or any answer at all), claim the person has been 'owned.'  Very persuasive."   ::)

You should create another alter ego called Jerry Fletcher.  lol.   ;D 

Plot Outline: Jerry Fletcher is a man who sees conspiracies everywhere. But if you keep doing that long enough, sooner or later you're going to get one right...   http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118883/

muscleforlife

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2007, 12:28:22 PM »

Quickly the first thing that comes to mind are the attacks on at the WTC in 1993,USS Cole, US embassies and then letting BinLaden go a few times all during the Clinton admisistration!

My first thought:  What has any of that to do with Sadaam ?
Sandra