Author Topic: Barcelona - a team in crisis?  (Read 3105 times)

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
Barcelona - a team in crisis?
« on: January 13, 2007, 05:03:31 PM »
they just got hammered 3-1 tonight by Espanyol. Defending Spanish and European champions, they are supposed to be unbeatable but theyre currently 2nd in La Liga and seem to have become ordinary in the last 4 games. Im sure they'll click back into gear, but if they carry on like this then alot of teams are going to catch or even overtake them.

I thought before the Arsenal games we could take them at Anfield and until i saw this game i had begun to lose that confidence. I still think we have the ability, should be a fantastic tie. Anything can happen in the CL
Scouser on Tour

Your MAAAAaaaa

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • GETBIGS MINISTER OF SEXUAL HEALTH
Re: Barcelona - a team in crisis?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2007, 05:05:06 AM »
is old goofy not injured though?

i watched last weeks game and their front line looked average

ta ta
Pm me for STI advice @ NO COST

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007, 12:50:57 PM »
a testament to the new era in socer anyone is for sale

Yorkie T

• Getbig III
  • Blades Business Crew.
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2007, 12:55:27 PM »
they just got hammered 3-1 tonight by Espanyol. Defending Spanish and European champions, they are supposed to be unbeatable but theyre currently 2nd in La Liga and seem to have become ordinary in the last 4 games. Im sure they'll click back into gear, but if they carry on like this then alot of teams are going to catch or even overtake them.

I thought before the Arsenal games we could take them at Anfield and until i saw this game i had begun to lose that confidence. I still think we have the ability, should be a fantastic tie. Anything can happen in the CL

I hope you beat them, do people in liverpool want benitez to go?
8) B.B.C. 8)

Diesel1

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2007, 12:56:47 PM »

How about Liverpool, a team in crisis.

Yorkie T

• Getbig III
  • Blades Business Crew.
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2007, 01:04:01 PM »
How about Liverpool, a team in crisis.

God knows what benitez was thinking, i felt sorry for the liverpool fans as it felt like he didnt give a shit, hes made some strange decisions in his time but when he brought on carragher i just couldnt find an explanation for it, really bizarre.
8) B.B.C. 8)

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2007, 12:38:51 PM »
were angry at him sure, fuck on the night some wanted to burn his house down but the man should stay. Hes an excellent coach, he just has his priority set on the league which realistically is still too far out of reach for us.

We have the squad to compete with anyone in Europe but we always manage to bottle it against the big 3 (i say that even though IMO we ARE the number 3 team). We arent in crisis, how can 2 cup defeats put us in crisis after 10 clean sheets out of 12 in the Premiership? In that time we have scored 24 goals and conceded 4. Arsenal HAVE scored 12 goals against us in the last 3 games, and that is something we just will not get over but we have to move on.

If Benitez wants the League then he has a long wait and will turn the fans against him. We take pride in EVERY competition we enter and to simply surrender like that is unacceptable. IMO Dudek fucked up EVERY goal in the 2 Arsenal games, he should have been in a position to save them all. Both he and Paletta should never play for Liverpool again
Scouser on Tour

Your MAAAAaaaa

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • GETBIGS MINISTER OF SEXUAL HEALTH
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2007, 01:29:31 PM »
Palletta is young and needs to get used to the big stage I think he deserves a lot more xchances not just one!

Dudek on the otherhand is a disgrace! And why on earth did he get rid of Kirkland?? I know Carson is excellent but he is younger and Kirkland could have been a better understudy to Reina and even got in ahead of him the way he played earlier in the season.

Personally i think he is a great coach but needs to stop with constant tinkering.

ta ta
Pm me for STI advice @ NO COST