Author Topic: Work schedules and training while on gear...how are yours?  (Read 4504 times)

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
Re: Work schedules and training while on gear...how are yours?
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2007, 08:53:06 PM »
3:30am           Wake-up; get my gym bag loaded up (dress clothes/scrubs, meals)
4:30am           Enter gym, train ass off
6:15am           Off to work
7-8:00pm        Tired ass home.  Eat.  Bathe the kids, bedtime stories.
10pm-11:00pm Cardio

Repeat..repeat...repeat
Bro, you are truly hardcore if you're still able to train with that schedule.

I hear by deem you the FreakMD Machine!

krazee

• Getbig III
  • It's all about the next shirt size....
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2007, 06:28:56 AM »
no shit, i bet he has a rough time trying to fit pussy-gittin into that schedule...I would have to bang one of the nurses on the counter top if I was him cause I damn sure wouldnt want to get pussy after that kind of day

LMFAO!!! Now thats some funny shit right there......I don't care who you are....
Just spot me BITCH!!!

freakfestMD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2007, 02:54:45 PM »
LMFAO!!! Now thats some funny shit right there......I don't care who you are....

Yeah, that's my life unfortunately.  You do what you have to do, that's all.

I've always been lucky in that I never have required much sleep.  Four hours a night and I'm fine.  Sometimes it's less if I'm on call and doing trauma cases through the night--that's when things can really crash.  On the weekends, assuming I'm off, then I stay in bed until 6am and get up at that time and train in my basement for about 2 hours.  It works out great, because the kids know I'll be down there and they just come down and watch TV until I'm done.  I have an awesome gym in my basement, totally stocked (I train at Gold's during the week).

This also gives my wife a chance to stay in bed late on the weekends.  When she's well rested, things go just fine around the freaker's house  ;D

The lifting really has been my salvation all of these years.  When I got into medical school I remember all of my friends, parents, etc saying that I'll have to finally give it up because school would be so tough.  However, I solved that one by creating a first class gym in my med school's dorm.  There was all this student activity money just laying around and there was nothing to spend it on.  I got a hold of 2 large rooms down in the basement and amassed about $100,000 of equiptment over 4 years.  Basically a blank check! Place was friggin' STACKED OUT.  TK-Star, Polaris, free weights.  We called it the "best kept secret on the East side."  That's where I met bravo (occasional getbigger) and we would train 3 hours every day, balls-to-the wall.  We were both juicing heavily at the time.  I was around 250lbs at 5'9."  Best of all, I lived 1 floor above the gym.

Same when I entered Residency.  I joined a local gym (Mid City Gym in NYC) where I met some of the wildest people I've ever lifted with.  WWF guys were there all the time, lot's of BBs.  I continued lifting and eventually got up as high as 265lbs.  Those were the days, man.

So here I am.  42 years old.  Survived cancer. Still pumping. Still occasionally juicing.  Loving life, loving lifting.  I love my job.  I love my family.  But I will tell you this--lifting weights has been the common thread that has allowed me to keep it together all of these years.  Sure, my friggin' joints hurt like hell!  But I wouldn't trade it for the world.

bigjohn_bluesfan

• Getbig IV
  • yeah baby
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2007, 03:04:26 PM »

I've always been lucky in that I never have required much sleep.  Four hours a night and I'm fine.  Sometimes it's less if I'm on call and doing trauma cases through the night--that's when things can really crash.  On the weekends, assuming I'm off, then I stay in bed until 6am and get up at that time and train in my basement for about 2 hours.  It works out great, because the kids know I'll be down there and they just come down and watch TV until I'm done.  I have an awesome gym in my basement, totally stocked (I train at Gold's during the week).

This also gives my wife a chance to stay in bed late on the weekends.  When she's well rested, things go just fine around the freaker's house  ;D

The lifting really has been my salvation all of these years.  When I got into medical school I remember all of my friends, parents, etc saying that I'll have to finally give it up because school would be so tough.  However, I solved that one by creating a first class gym in my med school's dorm.  There was all this student activity money just laying around and there was nothing to spend it on.  I got a hold of 2 large rooms down in the basement and amassed about $100,000 of equiptment over 4 years.  Basically a blank check! Place was friggin' STACKED OUT.  TK-Star, Polaris, free weights.  We called it the "best kept secret on the East side."  That's where I met bravo (occasional getbigger) and we would train 3 hours every day, balls-to-the wall.  We were both juicing heavily at the time.  I was around 250lbs at 5'9."  Best of all, I lived 1 floor above the gym.

Same when I entered Residency.  I joined a local gym (Mid City Gym in NYC) where I met some of the wildest people I've ever lifted with.  WWF guys were there all the time, lot's of BBs.  I continued lifting and eventually got up as high as 265lbs.  Those were the days, man.

So here I am.  42 years old.  Survived cancer. Still pumping. Still occasionally juicing.  Loving life, loving lifting.  I love my job.  I love my family.  But I will tell you this--lifting weights has been the common thread that has allowed me to keep it together all of these years.  Sure, my friggin' joints hurt like hell!  But I wouldn't trade it for the world.

awesome post bro..this is what its all about
ah yeah Im a voodo child

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2007, 03:10:09 PM »

You are the man!

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2007, 08:36:06 PM »

Undoubtedly the post of the year!

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2007, 04:29:33 AM »
Yes the Freak has a way with words and is a very smart man.  He is a go getter and overachiever (me, classic underachiever) his determination is to be admired.  Such a great asset to this board....or I'm sure anything he contributes to, wish he had the time post a little more, cause I always look forward to reading his posts and hearing his input.

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2007, 06:22:57 AM »
Pretty cool seeing all of us think the same.  I thought I was the only one that obsessed about my diet and training schedule.  Always planning and strategizing.  My fiance always asks me why I don't train all week and take weekends off to hang out with her.  But like all of you said the best workouts are on those weekends, when sleep is adequate and diet is absolutely proportionate. 

Great thread!

X

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2007, 02:45:17 PM »
While on cycle, (and off cycle) I like to train like hell. Obviously while on cycle the desire is a little greater though.

Just out of curiosity, do you guys have as crazy a day as I do when it comes to work and training?
Hell, I get up at 5:30 to eat and get ready for work. Then I work from 7:30 to 6 pm.... get home at 6:30 pm and then have just enough time to eat and then I have to head to the gym for 2 hrs. Then its freakin damn near 10 oclock and time to eat and go to bed.

Hell, i hate training in the evenings, but with this crazy shit I have no choice. I got to make that money.

This may have been a little better suited for the training forum, but i dont know those guys in there and I want to hear what you guys (my boys) have to say.... so bring it. 
I get up at 6:00am. Work from 7:00am - 4:00pm and take in all the appropriate meals in between. All meals are prepared from the night before so there's no messin' around in the morning. I come home from work, take a harpoon of whatever i'm on at the time on certain days, rest for an hour and hit the gym usually between 6-7pm. It works out awesome considering the gym is around the corner from my house. Thats the usual drill.

PB

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2007, 11:31:07 PM »
I get up at 8:30am cook Eggs and oatmeal eat. cook 2 chicken breasts my rice and grab potatoe and veggies.  be at the gym (work) at 10:30. Eat my meals at the proper times throughout the day. get off at 5:30.  Go home eat a pre work out meal and watch a vid.  Train/cardio. post workout meal. relax go to bed. weekends are kick ass cuz i get to train in the afternoon instead of the evening which is way better.
bodybuildersreality.com

weldr911

• Getbig II
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2007, 08:53:18 AM »
My schedule is pretty screwed up. I clean up train wrecks for a living and on call 24/7. And believe me, there are way more train derailments than all ever hear about. Yall only hear about the really bad ones with chemicals and maybe some deaths, but never about the "normal" ones. We average 4 derailments week.

I get up at 5, shit shower and shave. eat breakfast at 6, work at 7 til 4.
go staright to the gym, usually home arond 6, cook, shower again and in bed usually around 10-11.
But when I get called and stay gone for 3-6 days, it really screws up my work out schedule. ESPECIALLY if I get called out RIGHT after I work out, (and when it happens on the leg days- its the worst!!)
Trainwreckers dont work a regular work shift on derailments either. We don't leave the job site until the job is done, (unless its just an absolutely huge mess). Its the norm for us to stay up 35-50 hours straight. And it sucks- especailly if I've just left gym or was in the middle of working out.
None of the guys I work with pump iron, they say they don't see how I do it, but where theres a will, theres always a way. You have to want it to do it. And believe me, with "MY" schedule and work demands - THERES ALOT of will!!
I'm tired alot and some times in a pissed off mood, from not sleeping and training, but I still will NEVER give up the iron- It feels too good and makes me so damn pretty!