Author Topic: Winstrol and liver toxicity  (Read 4472 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Winstrol and liver toxicity
« on: January 16, 2007, 05:59:04 AM »
I have read some posts here that say you should split your oral doses such as winny during the day.  From what I have read this seems like bad advice. 
I believe it was Bill Lewellyn ( sorry if I mispelled you name ) said that taking one dose a day would have a single pass on you liver of a certain amount of the product.  By taking two small doses you are making your liver do twice the work in one day and hence harming it.  I think he said that there is a certain amount of toxicity that happens whether you take 25 or 50 mg so by splitting it you are doubling the toxicity.

I am interested to see if anyone agrees or not.

freakfestMD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: Winstrol and liver toxicity
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 09:33:32 AM »
The reason for recommending split-dosing during the day is based on the half-life of around 9 hours for oral winny.  Bill's thought is an intriguing one, however I am not sure it is really founded.  For example, acetaminophen (Tylenol) is extremely toxic to the liver, very much in a dose-dependent fashion.  You can safely take 650mg every 6 hours for 24 hours (for a total of 2400mg in 24 hours), but a dose of 2600mg all at once would be rather hepatotoxic.

I'd have to see more evidence presented on this.

w_llewellyn

• Getbig II
  • X-Factor
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 09:59:35 AM »
That is not my thought. There has been no study that I know of showing that twice per day offers any more or less hepatotoxicity than one.

X-Factor: Most Potent Natural Anabolic

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 10:09:06 AM »
That is not my thought. There has been no study that I know of showing that twice per day offers any more or less hepatotoxicity than one.

Sorry Bill, I know I read this somewhere and thought it might have been you.  I will try to find the link of where I read about the toxicity being better taking it at once.

w_llewellyn

• Getbig II
  • X-Factor
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2007, 10:19:56 AM »
Np.. Happens quite often. So many writers and so many thoughts out there; hard to keep track..

X-Factor: Most Potent Natural Anabolic

hooker

• Getbig II
  • Anthony Roberts
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2007, 06:41:16 AM »
Maybe it was Bill Roberts, not Bill Llewellyn who said that.

Bill Llewellyn...Bill Roberts...anthony roberts....maybe I should have stuck with hooker...our names are all too close... ;)

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2007, 06:59:03 AM »
The reason for recommending split-dosing during the day is based on the half-life of around 9 hours for oral winny.  Bill's thought is an intriguing one, however I am not sure it is really founded.  For example, acetaminophen (Tylenol) is extremely toxic to the liver, very much in a dose-dependent fashion.  You can safely take 650mg every 6 hours for 24 hours (for a total of 2400mg in 24 hours), but a dose of 2600mg all at once would be rather hepatotoxic.

I'd have to see more evidence presented on this.

Egads my uncle has a bad back, and tends to take up to 20 a day. Funny thing though, hes 45, and still fairly healthy, despite a pack a day habit and shit diet. I wonder if all the cofee he drinks is keeping him alive....