Author Topic: Barack Obama opening a 2008 Pres. Exploratory Committee  (Read 1456 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Barack Obama opening a 2008 Pres. Exploratory Committee
« on: January 16, 2007, 07:13:47 AM »
Sounds like he's running.

Feb 10 he will formally announce it in his home state of Illinois.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Barack Obama opening a 2008 Pres. Exploratory Committee
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 07:46:25 AM »
Obama Takes 1st Step in Presidential Bid

By NEDRA PICKLER
Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Democratic Sen. Barack Obama of Illinois said Tuesday he is taking the initial step in a presidential bid that could make him the nation's first black to occupy the White House.

Obama announced his intentions to file a presidential exploratory committee on his Web site, http://www.barackobama.com . He said he would announce more about his plans in his hometown of Chicago on Feb. 10.

"I didn't expect to find myself in this position a year ago," Obama said in a video posting. "I've been struck by how hungry we all are for a different kind of politics. So I spent some time thinking about how I could best advance the cause of change and progress we so desperately need.

"The decisions that have been made in the past six years have put our country in a precarious place," he said.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/O/OBAMA_2008?SITE=HIHAD&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 11:58:21 AM »
I'm guessing Hillary is conjuring up some of her witchcraft spells on Obama right now. Look for him to come up with a serious skin condition in the next few months and drop out of the race.  ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 12:01:52 PM »
hilary actually cancelled her planned press conference today. was supposed to be a huge assault on bush based upon her visit there.

now, since one of her entourage has a tummy ache, she is postponing it.  Two thoughts:

1) She is obviously lying, as she knows her stock would drop by being the #2 story tonight, which she would be, and Dem donators would reconsider giving her all their money next fall.  I have no respect for liars.

2) he really is sick, and that means her White House will lose the ability to do something as simple as a press conference every time someone gets a boo-boo. i have no respect for incompetent people or groups.

Which is it?

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2007, 12:31:33 PM »
hilary actually cancelled her planned press conference today. was supposed to be a huge assault on bush based upon her visit there.

now, since one of her entourage has a tummy ache, she is postponing it.  Two thoughts:

1) She is obviously lying, as she knows her stock would drop by being the #2 story tonight, which she would be, and Dem donators would reconsider giving her all their money next fall.  I have no respect for liars.

2) he really is sick, and that means her White House will lose the ability to do something as simple as a press conference every time someone gets a boo-boo. i have no respect for incompetent people or groups.

Which is it?

Of course it's your first assessment and if you have no respect for liars then there are perhaps 10 politicians in the history of our political system that you would actually like. Hell, that 10 might be too optimistic.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2007, 12:49:11 PM »
Of course it's your first assessment and if you have no respect for liars then there are perhaps 10 politicians in the history of our political system that you would actually like. Hell, that 10 might be too optimistic.

Good point.  But Hilary just lies so flippantly that it annoys the piss out of me.  I knew her press conference was today, they'd been talking about it all week.  When Obama's website message came out (shrewd on his part I might add) I wondered aloud... "ohhh boy.  What BS excuse will hilary use to not fall on the same day as this generation's JFK announcing he's gonna run".

Sure enough, an hour later, MSNBC breaks in to tell us Hilary *just* announced someone is sick and the press conference is postponed.