Author Topic: Ronnie and Ruhl are the only bbers that really have strength?  (Read 6010 times)

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
Re: Ronnie and Ruhl are the only bbers that really have strength?
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2007, 01:16:42 AM »
Some say Ronnie and Dorian was able to do what they did because they trained so hard. I say had they trained lighter and smarter, they've accomplished even more.  :)

Maybe you should go advice them on how to train smart ::)

I don't get it Blew-two - just about everyone with an IQ of 5 and above acknowledges that you're the biggest f*cktard here. Why do you insisting on proving a point that no one's disputing, over and over ???

Rich2

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2007, 01:45:46 AM »
Johnnie jackson's got a rep of going heavy, as does Branch, although I have to see it to believe it. I know Dennis James trains hard and heavy. Can't think of anyone else at the moment.

on BFTO 2005 Branch does 17 reps on incline bench with 315 one week out from a contest. judging from the way he handled that weight i would say that he can go pretty damn heavy.

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2007, 02:03:48 AM »
Building Muscle = Becoming Strong.

Depends on which fibers you want to stress. If you're strong in one-rep max, you probably won't be very big, as that's one type of fiber compared to the many that the body has inside muscle.

All I have to say about this thread is "who cares?" People who want to be bodybuilders, yet give a shit about how strong they are, are fighting a tough battle with their goals.

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2007, 02:37:54 AM »
Depends on which fibers you want to stress. If you're strong in one-rep max, you probably won't be very big, as that's one type of fiber compared to the many that the body has inside muscle.

All I have to say about this thread is "who cares?" People who want to be bodybuilders, yet give a shit about how strong they are, are fighting a tough battle with their goals.
That's why bbing will never be consider as a true sport. "Looks" is all that matter right? It is easier that way, only money is needed, don't really have to train hard...
S

thepeg

• Getbig II
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2007, 04:52:32 AM »
i got it! from now on they wont wear posing trunks anymore. they can wear squat suits and inzer shirts. and not pose anymore just do a max single in the bench, deadlift and squat to see who the winner is! the only people who worry about how much other people lift r the little wanny-bes.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2007, 05:14:49 AM »
Maybe you should go advice them on how to train smart ::)

I don't get it Blew-two - just about everyone with an IQ of 5 and above acknowledges that you're the biggest f*cktard here. Why do you insisting on proving a point that no one's disputing, over and over ???

Actually this is an issue that's being debated a lot. Pay attention.  :)
Z

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2007, 05:36:30 AM »
Actually this is an issue that's being debated a lot. Pay attention.  :)

Not to what you say - you don't know jack about training

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2007, 05:44:28 AM »
Not to what you say - you don't know jack about training

I know that if I were to use the same machine as you, I would have to lower the seat all the way to the bottom after your midget ass been using it  ;D
Z

dseiler

• Getbig III
  • GOING OFF THE DEEP END. FUCK IT
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2007, 05:55:34 AM »
I guess you didn't read well the question...
"Moving massive amount of weights = Building Muscle" this is the problem, most bbers don't move massive amounts of weight... bu massive amounts of drugs
"Building Muscle = Becoming Strong." not entirely true, iguess that only Pudzianowski can prove something like that...
I hope you learn somethig with this

Please explain to me how a guy who packs on muscle isn't strong. And please explain how a guy gets huge (drugs or not) without moving tons of weight. Really, I am very curious.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2007, 05:58:55 AM »
I know that if I were to use the same machine as you, I would have to lower the seat all the way to the bottom after your midget ass been using it  ;D

To sniff it like you do any seat in which a guy's been sitting?

I'm just joking as I know you are Blew-two - we all know you don't work out. How can you, when you're busy moderating the Y......whoops ;D ;D

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2007, 06:46:08 AM »
More and more today's bbing is about drugs... For what I have been seeing, Ronnie and Ruhl are the only ones who actualy perform heavy workouts, the rest is 100% drug based.
Discuss...
Ronnie yes. Ruhl by far is NOT strong. He uses all smiths and machines. Watch his made in Germany tape. Still a huge freak though, thats for sure.

PB

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2007, 09:49:49 AM »
Please explain to me how a guy who packs on muscle isn't strong. And please explain how a guy gets huge (drugs or not) without moving tons of weight. Really, I am very curious.
We are not talking about guys that packs on muscle, I am talking about professional bbers, that pack lots of muscle moving girly weigths. Drug based training. Let me give you some examples.
Johnnie Jackson huge guy great bber people say is one of the strongest, bench pressing... Ridiculous
http://www.mesomorphosis.com/store/videos/johnnie-jackson-next-level.html

A girl doing the same weight

Some guy from some gym doing the same using only 3% of the drugs JJ uses.
&mode=related&search=

S

dseiler

• Getbig III
  • GOING OFF THE DEEP END. FUCK IT
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2007, 10:21:39 AM »
We are not talking about guys that packs on muscle, I am talking about professional bbers, that pack lots of muscle moving girly weigths. Drug based training. Let me give you some examples.
Johnnie Jackson huge guy great bber people say is one of the strongest, bench pressing... Ridiculous
http://www.mesomorphosis.com/store/videos/johnnie-jackson-next-level.html

A girl doing the same weight

Some guy from some gym doing the same using only 3% of the drugs JJ uses.
&mode=related&search=

One lift doesn't mean anything. Let's be realistic. Jackson is a former powerlifter, look at his traps.

From findarticles.com:

At the time of his second sanctioned powerlifting meet, in 2001, he had already been dieting down for two months in preparation for the NPC USA Championships four weeks later. His bodyfat was only 3.8% and his weight was down to 216, so he entered a lighter class, the 220-pounders. Didn't matter. This time, he soared to a new personal record by totaling an amazing 2,072 pounds, which included the 815 deadlift, and took home yet another set of trophies for his weight class and best overall lifter.

Taking only the light-heavyweight title at the USA, Johnnie O. later extended his two-trophies-per-show haul by capturing the light-heavyweight and overall titles at the NPC National Bodybuilding Championships.

What stood out on that bodybuilding stage was the thickness of Jackson's back. Lots of bodybuilders have wide lats, but their backs are as flat as ironing boards. Heaving, squirming gibbosity, however, is the special trophy of a powerlifter, and Jackson's makes him look like he's carrying a knapsack full of bobcats.

Charlys69

• Getbig III
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2007, 11:54:52 AM »
Ronnie yes. Ruhl by far is NOT strong. He uses all smiths and machines. Watch his made in Germany tape. Still a huge freak though, thats for sure.

PB

If markus progress better with the smith machine he will be a idiot to use a heavy barbell and injure himself.
"Not strong" means for Rühl training with 550 lbs. on the smith machine for shoulder front-presses/Offseason".
He act. is stronger on front press than on incline presses where he used 500 lbs. for heavy sets.
In my opinion that`s enough weight to say, "i`m strong"!!