Author Topic: Shawn Ray Gives Kamali Props?  (Read 2884 times)

AlliedPowers

• Getbig II
Shawn Ray Gives Kamali Props?
« on: January 16, 2007, 12:34:31 PM »
I almost fell out of my chair during last nights PBW show when Shawn Ray actually gave King props.  Shawn said "I will give Kamali his props"  "Its nice to see him still plotting away, trying to get ahead".  He goes on to say "Were both getting older.  I respect the fact that hes a professional and he earned his pro card"   IS THIS THE END OF THE FEUD?

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
Re: Shawn Ray Gives Kamali Props?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 12:36:48 PM »
I almost fell out of my chair during last nights PBW show when Shawn Ray actually gave King props.  Shawn said... "Its nice to see him still plotting away, trying to get ahead".

I believe he actually said "plodding away" - which is a rather backhanded kind of props, if you ask me.

leaky_frog

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 12:38:25 PM »
I doubt it- that sounds more like "He's still banging his head against the wall, but it's good he hasn't stopped banging."

mahg

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 02:11:17 PM »
All Shawn and Kamala need is to meet up and finger each other's ashholes. Elegant solutions people. 8)

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2007, 02:28:54 PM »
He was being, what the situation called for, diplomatic!
If it was on the boards, he would be saying the same thing he always says (which is true!);

"In 2001, he did his homework and came in shredded with great hamstrings for the Ironman, and earned himself an Olympia invite. Since then, he hasn't began to cause a ripple in the tide pool."

getfast81

• Getbig III
  • Borat is for the weak................
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2007, 04:42:17 PM »
I think King is a good bb.  One of my favs.  He may never reach Shawn Rays' competitive record (who can, it is too impressive) but he will be competitive.  Ruined his physique when he was with Chad Nicholls.  But he has plenty of time to fix it and will/has slowly.  Definite dark horse going into this competitive year.  As long as him and Disgusted stay on schedule which I know they have.
Truly STOP WHINING

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2007, 04:47:36 PM »
Ruined his physique when he was with Chad Nicholls.  But he has plenty of time to fix it and will/has slowly. 

He turns 35 in March.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2007, 04:51:08 PM »
Ruined his physique when he was with Chad Nicholls.  But he has plenty of time to fix it and will/has slowly. 

Please name one person that has reversed the what has happened to themselves due to the abuse of whatever it is they ingest/inject. :)

getfast81

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2007, 04:52:59 PM »
Please name one person that has reversed the what has happened to themselves due to the abuse of whatever it is they ingest/inject. :)
Flex Wheeler
Don Long
Paul Dillet
Truly STOP WHINING

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2007, 04:59:20 PM »
Flex Wheeler
Don Long
Paul Dillet

How did they reverse what was done to them?
Judging by you just followed through with my request, you're saying King Kamali should retire, stop all use of muscle building drugs, stop the massive calorie intake, and give up gay for pay. (Not a bad idea, especially the Kamali retirement idea).
So, in order to reverse the ever widening waist, non-existent arms/forearms/calves, and his sub-par conditioning at more shows then his better conditioned shows- he should just retire and lose 100lbs of bodyweight? ???

getfast81

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2007, 05:34:46 PM »
How did they reverse what was done to them?
Judging by you just followed through with my request, you're saying King Kamali should retire, stop all use of muscle building drugs, stop the massive calorie intake, and give up gay for pay. (Not a bad idea, especially the Kamali retirement idea).
So, in order to reverse the ever widening waist, non-existent arms/forearms/calves, and his sub-par conditioning at more shows then his better conditioned shows- he should just retire and lose 100lbs of bodyweight? ???
According to Disgusted he has stopped the drugs, supps, and all that for 3 months.  The gay for pay I had no idea so I cant comment on what I dont know but the guy can improve.  And he did come in condition at the Montreal.  If he deserved the 4th place over Wolf I dont really know but it is in the books as an O qualification.  So, he did make improvements.  Any physique on this planet can be improved and it takes going back to the drawing board which he has done.  Im not saying the guy can blow every physique off the stage but if he can get back to the look of his rookie year and the 2003 NOC then I do think he can be top 10 Arnold and Olympia and POSSIBLY win a lower/middle tier show.
Truly STOP WHINING

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2007, 07:09:31 PM »
I just really like the way he moves on stage! ;D

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2007, 07:37:30 PM »

Atta boy Sean, I though you were going soft on us.  ;D

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2007, 07:48:54 PM »
According to Disgusted he has stopped the drugs, supps, and all that for 3 months.  The gay for pay I had no idea so I cant comment on what I dont know but the guy can improve.  And he did come in condition at the Montreal.  If he deserved the 4th place over Wolf I dont really know but it is in the books as an O qualification.  So, he did make improvements.  Any physique on this planet can be improved and it takes going back to the drawing board which he has done.  Im not saying the guy can blow every physique off the stage but if he can get back to the look of his rookie year and the 2003 NOC then I do think he can be top 10 Arnold and Olympia and POSSIBLY win a lower/middle tier show.

This is true. King has been basically resting since the Atlantic City show, but he has been lifting light. He weighed 278 when this pic was taken according to the gym scale. Personally I don't care if he weighs 220. All that mattered to me was that he stayed lean and I am very happy with his level of bodyfat right now. Weight doesn't mean anything when you are standing on stage. His waist is tight and has abs showing. His full out contest prep starts this Sat. for his first show the New York Pro. You guys will see a different King Kamali by Arnold Classic time.

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2007, 07:52:10 PM »
If his arms stay that size he will make top 5...so lets see what March brings....a lot can happen
Squishy face retard

Danny

• Getbig V
  • The original Superman
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2007, 08:05:02 PM »
This is true. King has been basically resting since the Atlantic City show, but he has been lifting light. He weighed 278 when this pic was taken according to the gym scale. Personally I don't care if he weighs 220. All that mattered to me was that he stayed lean and I am very happy with his level of bodyfat right now. Weight doesn't mean anything when you are standing on stage. His waist is tight and has abs showing. His full out contest prep starts this Sat. for his first show the New York Pro. You guys will see a different King Kamali by Arnold Classic time.

Is he doing the Arnold Classic? He finally made a smart move staying lean .... ;)
"What we do in life ECHOES in eternity "

The Heckler

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2007, 08:07:31 PM »
I almost fell out of my chair during last nights PBW show when Shawn Ray actually gave King props.  Shawn said "I will give Kamali his props"  "Its nice to see him still plotting away, trying to get ahead".  He goes on to say "Were both getting older.  I respect the fact that hes a professional and he earned his pro card"   IS THIS THE END OF THE FEUD?

haha that's like cheering the "athletes" in the special olympics  ::)

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2007, 08:08:39 PM »
Is he doing the Arnold Classic? He finally made a smart move staying lean .... ;)

No, his first show is the NY Pro. He will be at the AC working the Muscle Tech booth.

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2007, 08:12:45 PM »
i think king could be the lost member of c and c music factory

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2007, 09:41:23 PM »

Well, guess I'm the internet asshole and you're in my crosshairs tonight. :P
Now you flipped back to another line of thinking.
First, I ask you to tell me about someone that reversed the process, and you name off guys that needed to retire due to medical reasons and stop pretty much everything they needed to do to get to that point.
Maybe Kamali will be the first to do so, under Disgusted's orders. But evidence up till now, shows little to offer in that being achieved compared to what has been done. :) 

arce377

• Getbig IV
  • ARCE DO SAN MARTIALARTS SCHOOL
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2007, 10:23:39 PM »
PROPS

SHAWN

KING
ARCE
DOSAN DOJO

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2007, 10:48:56 PM »
Arms look better or is it just the reduction in weight that balance them out now.  If you're out there Melvin...it's time to get rid of Chad.  What has Chad done anyway? 
Oh...Monica!