Author Topic: karma which affects us all  (Read 5470 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
karma which affects us all
« on: January 16, 2007, 02:41:03 PM »
Thanks to global warming, the oil companies are finally taking a hit.  Oil down a buck today along, 51 bucks a barrel.

While whether big production facilities are responsible for global warming - or if it is natural, as the minority of scientists contend - one trend has emerged this winter:

Even though OPEC outputs low oil levels to try to inflate the prices, thanks to global warming, it's spring in many places in the world.  And that means much less heating oil bought and consumed.  They can't sell what they have because it's not cold enough to need it.

Reap what you sow, maybe.  Global warming and oil wars are the two biggest problems in our lifetime.  Funny to see them collide.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Re: karma which affects us all
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 02:44:13 PM »
Shut the hell up.
Z

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 02:46:32 PM »
awesome post rob! 8)
carpe` vaginum!

Ozzy

• Getbig IV
  • I'm back
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 02:50:55 PM »
I was waiting for a Valentino joke. Oh well.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2007, 03:02:32 PM »
You know, I heard this guy 240 used to be funny? What the hell happened to him? Wife and kids? The usual sad story?  :(
Z

Ozzy

• Getbig IV
  • I'm back
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2007, 03:05:14 PM »
The book of Mormon?

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2007, 03:05:39 PM »
Thanks to global warming, the oil companies are finally taking a hit.  Oil down a buck today along, 51 bucks a barrel.

While whether big production facilities are responsible for global warming - or if it is natural, as the minority of scientists contend - one trend has emerged this winter:

Even though OPEC outputs low oil levels to try to inflate the prices, thanks to global warming, it's spring in many places in the world.  And that means much less heating oil bought and consumed.  They can't sell what they have because it's not cold enough to need it.

Reap what you sow, maybe.  Global warming and oil wars are the two biggest problems in our lifetime.  Funny to see them collide.

depends on who you are 240: if your shadow his biggest problem is getting laid

if your starving in africa i think food and water is more important...

always different perspectives...your is the capitalist one

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2007, 03:17:30 PM »
Global warming and oil wars are the two biggest problems in our lifetime.

The only problems I give a shit about are those standing between me and my maximum muscular potential. Neither of those qualify.

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
  • Different Dunes, Same Sand
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2007, 03:33:22 PM »

Typical leftist rant, Global Warming is bad now because it makes oil cheaper for people to buy? So is it a gift or a curse Rob? Who is to say a warmer planet will be beneficial or not?
Thread Killer

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2007, 03:34:58 PM »
The only problems I give a shit about are those standing between me and my maximum muscular potential. Neither of those qualify.

Word. Great point as always ribonucleic!
Z

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2007, 03:39:52 PM »
240, you were the one who was saying right after the election gas and oil prices would sky rocket.  More specifically, that the Bush-friendly companies were keeping gas prices low for the election but afterwards were gonna let them explode.
Valhalla awaits.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2007, 03:41:57 PM »
You know 240, I think i agree on almost all of your issues save the 9/11 CT stuff and maybe this thing about the majority of convicts being innocent.

Good post on Karma.   

All you haters can smell me.   :P

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2007, 03:53:25 PM »
If it keeps getting warmer, many of your favorite cities will suddenly be below sea level.

That's a big 'if' Rob, and sounds more like one of your conspiratorial the-whole-world-is-gonna-end wet (pardon the pun) dreams rather than anything based on fact.  Can I recommend you have a read of Michael Crichton's 'State of Fear' for some enlightening on this very complex issue?
Thread Killer

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2007, 03:57:37 PM »
That's a big 'if' Rob, and sounds more like one of your conspiratorial the-whole-world-is-gonna-end wet (pardon the pun) dreams rather than anything based on fact.  Can I recommend you have a read of Michael Crichton's 'State of Fear' for some enlightening on this very complex issue?

Bush admin admitted it was a real problem this year.  Polar bears added to endangered species list. Big piece of greenland fell into sea. air levels are now matching what scientists predicted.

if it was 2002 and I was saying this, okay, i'm paranoid.  But in 2007 it's very real.  Tell me about your winter.

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2007, 04:04:53 PM »
Bush admin admitted it was a real problem this year.  Polar bears added to endangered species list. Big piece of greenland fell into sea. air levels are now matching what scientists predicted.

if it was 2002 and I was saying this, okay, i'm paranoid.  But in 2007 it's very real.  Tell me about your winter.

I'll tell you about my Christmas instead, Rob.  I live in Melbourne, Australia.  It's summer here, and our maximum temperature Christmas day was the lowest on record - must be the 'climate change'.  The Bush administration admitted climate change is an issue - it is - how is that a confirmation for you that Global Warming theory is indeed fact?  As for your Polar Bear story, false, and I'll prove that to you in coming posts - I'd love to see your source on that.  Greenland's ice is actually getting thicker too, Rob, and I'll show you the studies behind that as well.  Please calm your hysteria in the mean-time.
Thread Killer

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2007, 04:06:50 PM »
climate change is not good
Valhalla awaits.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2007, 04:58:11 PM »
Greenland's ice is actually getting thicker too, Rob, and I'll show you the studies behind that as well.  Please calm your hysteria in the mean-time.

What are you waiting for? Show everyone on the forum the sources that prove Greenland's ice sheets getting thicker.

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2007, 05:08:52 PM »
What are you waiting for? Show everyone on the forum the sources that prove Greenland's ice sheets getting thicker.

Here you are:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200510/s1487477.htm

I'll await your admission that I am indeed correct on this.  Thank you.
Thread Killer

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2007, 05:12:06 PM »
Plight of the polar bear forces Bush to recognise climate threat
Tim Reid in Washington

The Bush Administration conceded yesterday that global warming is threatening the polar bear with extinction, the first time that it has singled out climate change as a grave threat to the Arctic and its most iconic inhabitant.
In a move that will have profound consequences not only for the polar bear but potentially for America’s polluting industries, the Administration declared last night that the polar bear should be added to its endangered species list because of the drastic melting of its habitat.

The move would trigger mandatory legal safeguards that could potentially force US industries to cut their carbon dioxide output.

Dirk Kempthorne, the Interior Secretary, said: “We are concerned the polar bear’s habitat may literally be melting.”

By placing the polar bear under the protection of the Endangered Species Act, the US Government must prevent any activity that could further jeopardise the animal or its habitat. Environmentalists hope that the move will therefore compel the Administration to force US industries into cutting greenhouse gas emissions.

The move also reflects a significant departure for the Administration from its cautious rhetoric about the effects of global warming.

President Bush has been reluctant to accept that global warming is a man-made phenomenon.

Last night’s announcement was the latest sign that the White House is moving towards the views of most scientists and Western leaders, including Tony Blair, that industrial pollutants are a significant cause of the world’s rising temperature.

The Arctic is warming twice as fast as the rest of the world, shrinking the sea ice and making it increasingly difficult for the world’s 22,000 to 25,000 polar bears to survive. Without ice, bears cannot hunt for seals and must swim huge distances to find hunting grounds.

Experts say that the bears are losing weight as their hunting grounds diminish, making it even harder for them to hunt and reproduce. In northern Canada, females that once averaged 620lb (281kg) are down to 485lb. Scientists also say that bears are drowning during long swims from ice to land, and a rise in cannibalism is another sign of how desperate the bears’ search for food has become.

In a stark warning this year, scientists at the National Snow and Ice Data Centre said that the total Arctic ice cover had melted back to the lowest level in modern records, and that if melting rates continued apace the summertime Arctic could be ice-free within 80 years.

Last year three environmental groups sued the US Government to force it to review the status of the polar bear. Andrew Wetzler, a lawyer for one of them, the Natural Resources Defence Council, said: “It’s such a loud recognition that global warming is real. It is rapidly threatening the polar bear and, in fact, an entire ecosystem with utter destruction.”

America has come under increasing pressure to take action to cut greenhouse gas emissions. But Mr Bush, who refuses to recognise the Kyoto Protocol on climate change, has balked at setting any mandatory environmental limits on US industries.

After proposing the polar bear for threatened status, the US Interior Department will allow 90 days of public comment on the proposal. If the animal is then added to the endangered species list, all US government agencies will be obliged by law to consider if their actions are adding to global warming.

“This is a victory for the polar bear, and all wildlife threatened by global warming,” Kassie Siegel, a lawyer for the Centre for Biological Diversity, said. “There is still time to save polar bears, but we must reduce greenhouse gas pollution immediately.”

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,11069-2520955,00.html

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2007, 05:25:56 PM »

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,11069-2520955,00.html

Read this.

http://bulletin.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=141291

Cannibalism and Innuit hunting are more to blame for Polar Bears being killed than your 'Global Warming' theories.  How you see this as an admission from Bush that Global Warming theory is fact is beyond me.
Thread Killer

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2007, 05:53:09 PM »
it's not a theory.

it's fact.

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2007, 05:57:59 PM »
it's not a theory.

it's fact.

Rob you need to contact Reuters to report this, as you are officially the first person on earth to be able to prove without question that Global Warming is indeed unshakable fact!!!  Forget the scientific debate, our resident web-page designer has conquered the mystery of what is heating our earth!
Thread Killer

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2007, 06:03:23 PM »
sarcasm, I like that!  We do love the wit here.

No matter what point you have, there will always be an agenda-driven goup of scientists that disagree.

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2007, 06:05:21 PM »
sarcasm, I like that!  We do love the wit here.

No matter what point you have, there will always be an agenda-driven goup of scientists that disagree.

True, but to claim Global Warming as fact is simply not right, Rob.  I suspect you're better than that comment, after all, we are here debating it with one another.
Thread Killer

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2007, 10:08:03 AM »
Here you are:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200510/s1487477.htm

I'll await your admission that I am indeed correct on this.  Thank you.

The scientists said that the thickening of the icecap might be offset by a melting of glaciers around the fringes of Greenland.

The ice is still melting..  ::)