Author Topic: The black community in the US misses Martin Luther King's leadership.  (Read 2921 times)

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
The black culture here in the states is desperately in need of strong leadership. MLK was strong and intelligent and a charasmatic leader, he was a man to be emulated. Who is there in such a position today? Jesse Jackson? I think not. Al Sharpton? Please. Bill Cosby? Blacks think he's a traitor. Colin Powell? Blacks think he's more white than black.

In my opinion much of the massive problems within today's black culture in the US can be directly linked to a massive lack of black leadership. Along with the destruction of the strong family nucleus is the biggest hurdle for today's black youth.

Who teaches black children that education is their ticket to a better life? Who teaches them to respect other human beings, authority and the world they live in? When Jesse Jackson is your strongest leader then you're in big big trouble.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: The black community in the US misses Martin Luther King's leadership.
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 06:49:39 PM »
Interesting.

Jesse jackson has zero credibility - he essentially threatens lawsuits and bad pres if companies don't comply to his demands.

There are some potentially great leaders tho - Obama comes to mind.

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 06:52:25 PM »
the black community has ruined itself with rap, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and the whole Uncle Tom mentality for those who are a success.
Squishy face retard

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 06:59:27 PM »
Interesting.

Jesse jackson has zero credibility - he essentially threatens lawsuits and bad pres if companies don't comply to his demands.

There are some potentially great leaders tho - Obama comes to mind.

Excellent point regarding Obama. He's highly intelligent, highly educated and very impressive. I wonder how he'll be accepted.

Is he 100% black?

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2007, 07:01:55 PM »
Excellent point regarding Obama. He's highly intelligent, highly educated and very impressive. I wonder how he'll be accepted.

Is he 100% black?
Are you forgetting about Southern states in this election?  Or the mid west?  Colin Powell had/has the best chance.
Squishy face retard

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2007, 07:11:28 PM »
Are you forgetting about Southern states in this election?  Or the mid west?  Colin Powell had/has the best chance.

Will southerners value skin color over the war in iraq and other bad things currently happening?

I'm from FL and I tell ya, I'd cote for a purple dinosaur if he said we weren't about to start a 3rd and/or 4th war.

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2007, 07:12:13 PM »
Will southerners value skin color over the war in iraq and other bad things currently happening?

I'm from FL and I tell ya, I'd cote for a purple dinosaur if he said we weren't about to start a 3rd and/or 4th war.
I think they don't want a black president and also if McCain wins we will pull out, guarantee it.
Squishy face retard

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2007, 07:13:57 PM »
I think they don't want a black president and also if McCain wins we will pull out, guarantee it.

McCain is joining the far right.  he supported bush's 21,500 this week.  he's appealing to bush's religious right, today.

he wants to fill bush's void, as he knows the powers that profit from war currently would love to get behind him, and he would like their $.

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2007, 07:17:22 PM »
McCain is joining the far right.  he supported bush's 21,500 this week.  he's appealing to bush's religious right, today.

he wants to fill bush's void, as he knows the powers that profit from war currently would love to get behind him, and he would like their $.
I disagree.  I think McCain needs backers right now because he is/was more moderate but look at the Bush tax policies or Shwarzenegger and some of his recent moves.  These guys will say anything to get into office.  I think he will pull guys out.  He knows war and knows that while we have always been a M.I.C that we need to focus on the coming conflicts with NKorea and possibly China, plus who knows what can happen with Cuba.  We are only good on 2.5 fronts so we need men from somewhere.
Squishy face retard

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2007, 07:24:49 PM »
I disagree.  I think McCain needs backers right now because he is/was more moderate but look at the Bush tax policies or Shwarzenegger and some of his recent moves.  These guys will say anything to get into office.  I think he will pull guys out.  He knows war and knows that while we have always been a M.I.C that we need to focus on the coming conflicts with NKorea and possibly China, plus who knows what can happen with Cuba.  We are only good on 2.5 fronts so we need men from somewhere.

I've always been a huge mccain fan - he used to warn against the military industrial complex and unnecessary war.

the last 2 months, he's flipped 180 degrees. ramped up the war rhetoric and stopped criticizing bush and started mirroring everything he says.

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2007, 07:33:42 PM »
I've always been a huge mccain fan - he used to warn against the military industrial complex and unnecessary war.

the last 2 months, he's flipped 180 degrees. ramped up the war rhetoric and stopped criticizing bush and started mirroring everything he says.
His ass needs to do something about AZ, illegal immigrants and AZ education...he is letting Napolitano fuck that state up

but to your comments, yes it's true and like I said even the most well intentioned candidates will say anything to get elected...the last three elections it sounds like the candidates only differing stance is on medicare and abortion...as far as I've seen
Squishy face retard

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2007, 07:35:35 PM »
the right wants to war for resources.  the left doesn't.

both have their strong points and weaknesses.

i used to love mccain and it's breaking my heart to see he chose to move from moderate to far right in the last 2 months.

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2007, 07:38:03 PM »
the right wants to war for resources.  the left doesn't.

both have their strong points and weaknesses.

i used to love mccain and it's breaking my heart to see he chose to move from moderate to far right in the last 2 months.
So true.  I think special interest has done alot of harm getting each others' points across but I'm still REpub and Conservative...though I'm pissed at Bush for all this guest worker bullshit.
Squishy face retard

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2007, 07:38:25 PM »

This is pure speculation on my part but I think Obama will be embraced more by the black community than Powell will be, which is a shame.

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the black vote tend to be liberal? Will Powell be moderate enough to garner the black vote?

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2007, 07:40:23 PM »
One thing that MLK did not do, is address defintion. How does one define themselves as a black person. Equality is two components, One was course desegregation. Two, is building up your community, and define who you are, and not define oneself by stereotypes, or what white men said that you are. If you let others define who you are, then you  ultimately give control to them in the decision of who you are.    Ben Banneker had the answer years before MLK, emphasizing building up the community with jobs business, maintaining a supposrt system. it has been said (by those who went thru the Civil right era) that blacks have lost a lot due to de-segregation--lack of direction, and self worth.

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2007, 07:40:48 PM »
This is pure speculation on my part but I think Obama will be embraced more by the black community than Powell will be, which is a shame.

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the black vote tend to be liberal? Will Powell be moderate enough to garner the black vote?
Yep.  Everyone wanted him, even Repubs but if I remember correctly his wife feared for his life.
Squishy face retard

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2007, 07:46:09 PM »

No, conservative...Remember the whole "gay rights" issue.

People tend to think about libs, because of the Civil right s era, you know it was radical and very liberal to give black the right to vote and to de-segregate schools ::). After that Liberal and Civil Rights have become synonymous