Author Topic: 6.5 weeks out from my biggest show ... is it too late?  (Read 1370 times)

nickbronco

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
6.5 weeks out from my biggest show ... is it too late?
« on: January 16, 2007, 08:03:03 PM »
Currently on cutting cycle of anavar, turinabol, trenbolone, clen, winstrol with CKD diet. Can I add in Equipoise for the next 4-5 weeks with no water retention or adverse effects to my cutting cycle? I have run this cutting cycle for two of my shows last year and had excellent results. I just need a little more mass/hardness that I know Equipoise might add. I used Equipoise with d-bol and test-e for bulking. I know EQ does not have a high conversion to estrogen and that makes me think I can run it with my other cutting items. I would like to run 400mg a week. Is this advisable with 6.5 weeks to go before show and will I benefit from this length or hinder my final results at weigh in time? I know EQ likes to run for at least 8 weeks. If advised it is OK to run EQ. How far out should I stop it before weigh in? I would appreciate any advise as I have not run EQ in a cutting cycle before. Oh yeah, contest is not drug tested.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
Re: 6.5 weeks out from my biggest show ... is it too late?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 08:49:46 PM »
I think there are better routes you can take...EQ at this point might not be the best choice, simply because I don't think it's going to do what you want it to...some may disagree.

At this point, whatever size you do have is pretty much what you have to work with, sorry. However, if you do things right, you may be able to manipulate your carb-up a little tighter then previous shows and come in a lot fuller...after all, it's all about illusion.

The only things I would really consider adding at this point would be either halo or masteron...this will help harden you up even more as show time gets closer. Also, do you mess with insulin at all? If not, no big deal, but if you do, you can use this at the final stages to aid in the carb up process even more and appear much fuller and bigger...again, illusion.

BTW, no test at all during this entire cycle? I understand pulling it out late in a contest cycle, but some guys are successfully running it all the way through...this aids in coming in much, much fuller. However, not using any at all through the entire cycle is not the best approach IMO...too much of a loss in size that could have been easily prevented.

Sorry if this wasn't the answerers you were looking for, but in my opinion, at5 this stage, this is the best advice I can come up with at the moment.

Good luck to you!

nickbronco

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 09:14:56 PM »
Thank you for the information. Much appreciated. I did run test-e and stopped it about 4 weeks ago because I was afraid of water retention. I dropped the test-e and picked with my cutting items I mentioned. Gyno not a problem as I ran Arimidex and Nolvadex with test-e, dbol. I have more test-e I could start again if advised.

I did not seem to have much water problem when I was on test-e, dbol, eq. I plan to alter my carb up days prior to weigh-in and show to help with fullness. Never tried insulin, but read a lot about it. I am carb-loading on my weekends (FRI night through SAT). Maybe recommend small insulin with carb-load for trial run this weekend to see results? That way i am still 6 weeks out. I am currently 206, 6 foot/2 inches, 42, BF will get down to 3% based on last two experiences with this cycle and diet. Any insulin info would be great. I will also search forum for it. Just wanted to quickly reply with thanks to you first.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 09:33:38 PM »
Thank you for the information. Much appreciated. I did run test-e and stopped it about 4 weeks ago because I was afraid of water retention. I dropped the test-e and picked with my cutting items I mentioned. Gyno not a problem as I ran Arimidex and Nolvadex with test-e, dbol. I have more test-e I could start again if advised.

I did not seem to have much water problem when I was on test-e, dbol, eq. I plan to alter my carb up days prior to weigh-in and show to help with fullness. Never tried insulin, but read a lot about it. I am carb-loading on my weekends (FRI night through SAT). Maybe recommend small insulin with carb-load for trial run this weekend to see results? That way i am still 6 weeks out. I am currently 206, 6 foot/2 inches, 42, BF will get down to 3% based on last two experiences with this cycle and diet. Any insulin info would be great. I will also search forum for it. Just wanted to quickly reply with thanks to you first.
Since you never have used insulin before, i wouldn't recommend using it this go around...to much of a risk IMO. You don't know how it's going to effect you and you can't afford a negative reaction this late in the game. If you ever do experiment with it, I'd wait until it was the off-season.

I wouldn't add the test-e back in at this stage, I would have switched to prop though. If you can get some prop ASAP then you might be OK adding that in, if not, I'd simply stick with what you have. If you can't get it now, and I mean in the next few days, adding it in the last wk or so isn't going to do that much for you.

Also, are you still using adex or nolva? If not, this is not something you should have stopped...get back on the adex proton if you have dropped it...I couldn't tell if you had from your post, so I'm speculating.

In short, if you are going to be down in the 3% range, first off, congrats, but your carb up is going to be the biggest factor...obviously you are going to be lean enough...but as we all know, when you get this lean, without a proper final wk plan, filling out can be hard, and ruin a perfect comp diet.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 04:46:37 AM »
Yeah I agree run the test all the way to the end.  I would also switch to prop the last 6 weeks, as AJ stated this will allow you to stay full and hard.  Pull the little extra water from the prop out with diet and other things.

ARISTIMUQOH

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2007, 04:55:07 AM »
I think there are better routes you can take...EQ at this point might not be the best choice, simply because I don't think it's going to do what you want it to...some may disagree.

At this point, whatever size you do have is pretty much what you have to work with, sorry. However, if you do things right, you may be able to manipulate your carb-up a little tighter then previous shows and come in a lot fuller...after all, it's all about illusion.

The only things I would really consider adding at this point would be either halo or masteron...this will help harden you up even more as show time gets closer. Also, do you mess with insulin at all? If not, no big deal, but if you do, you can use this at the final stages to aid in the carb up process even more and appear much fuller and bigger...again, illusion.

BTW, no test at all during this entire cycle? I understand pulling it out late in a contest cycle, but some guys are successfully running it all the way through...this aids in coming in much, much fuller. However, not using any at all through the entire cycle is not the best approach IMO...too much of a loss in size that could have been easily prevented.

Sorry if this wasn't the answerers you were looking for, but in my opinion, at5 this stage, this is the best advice I can come up with at the moment.

Good luck to you!

Totally Agree, just I would add to take Proviron tabs in this last weeks in order to keep the hard look...

nickbronco

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2007, 06:17:59 AM »
Thanks guys. Will follow your advice.