Author Topic: Heavy weights= Big muscles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 19641 times)

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
Re: Heavy weights= Big muscles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #100 on: January 18, 2007, 12:23:59 AM »
No amount of training is going to change your God-given muscle shape. It is a physiological impossibility. I've done preacher curls and concentration curls for years, but my biceps still have terrible shape. I've done hack squats every other workout for the past decade, but my quads still have lackluster sweep despite measuring nearly 30" in circumference. Training for "shape" is simply the biggest scam in all of weight training. It's called GENETICS. If you aren't one of the people who was born with aesthetic muscles, you will NEVER look like a champion bodybuilder. There is really no way around it.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
« Reply #101 on: January 18, 2007, 12:26:17 AM »
No amount of training is going to change your God-given muscle shape. It is a physiological impossibility. I've done preacher curls and concentration curls for years, but my biceps still have terrible shape. I've done hack squats every other workout for the past decade, but my quads still have lackluster sweep despite measuring nearly 30" in circumference. Training for "shape" is simply the biggest scam in all of weight training. It's called GENETICS. If you aren't one of the people who was born with aesthetic muscles, you will NEVER look like a champion bodybuilder. There is really no way around it.
jay cutler has 30 inch quads..how can you have 30 inch legs?? ::)
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #102 on: January 18, 2007, 02:37:23 AM »
LOL read the first sentence of my comment. I'm talking about there's no sense in doing low reps all the time just for the sake of improving your strength if it's not actually helping you grow. That's if you want to grow. For me, personally, I like the fact of getting stronger, but I just want to grow. Strength is a byproduct.
I understand your opinion, but I disagree. In my opinion we can grow and have good strength. I look at Pudzianowski as an example: Very fit, functional, big and strong! If he can do it so can we... Using the same training methods and use the same drugs (in less quantity because it is very expensive).
S

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #103 on: January 18, 2007, 04:30:37 AM »
jay cutler has 30 inch quads..how can you have 30 inch legs?? ::)
[/quote

shadows you still in diapers?  ;D

and onlyme...i do know about working out..and the answer to this discussion is what bodybuilders are doing

reps 6-10  (but hey you can gain loads of mass by doing sets of 3 if you do enough sets) most of the time sometimes heavier to push strenght levels up (1-5 reps) and use high enough volume..sometimes higher reps..specially for legs..., dont go to failure too often....change your workout out every 4-8 weeks..its standard boring shit but it works ..this is for bodybuilding (and not primarily for building strength...but mass..but if you wanna get alot bigger you have to get alot stronger.....the correlation between strengh and size isnt 100% tho)...split the bodypart workouts in order to get high enough volume on each muscle. lift with good form..work the muclse not the ego. lift progressively heavier. things most people know...but they forget you can go far with a fucked up program if you work the program hard and believe in it..and in yourself..and have patience.

standard boring shit, but it takes time..some people dont have the patience and think just because they dont gain 5lbs of muscle a month something is wrong.....the thing thats wrong is their perception of what is possible...

Sir William Idol

• Getbig IV
  • you got a fight comin
« Reply #104 on: January 18, 2007, 08:37:13 AM »
Slaveboy, Dzul, kiwiahole, suckmymuscle, shadow etc.  I know who you are.  I know you have experience and was not referring to you.  You are one of the few that have proven your acheivements.

dzlboy has posted pics, he recently wont the Mr. PA contest.  kiwi has posted pics, he's pretty big.
its comin today

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #105 on: January 18, 2007, 08:40:08 AM »
Slaveboy, Dzul, kiwiahole, suckmymuscle, shadow etc.  I know who you are.  I know you have experience and was not referring to you.  You are one of the few that have proven your acheivements.

Don't make me put my foot down and make you cry, you fat f*ck ;D

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #106 on: January 18, 2007, 08:45:08 AM »
dzlboy has posted pics, he recently wont the Mr. PA contest.  kiwi has posted pics, he's pretty big.

Kiwi got huge taking his protine right from his dads tap, too bad it stunted his growth. Oh well, he doesnt have to lean over as far.
X

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #107 on: January 18, 2007, 08:47:14 AM »
Kiwi got huge taking his protine right from his dads tap, too bad it stunted his growth. Oh well, he doesnt have to lean over as far.

This coming from a 'guy' who asks women if he should be concerned about his peaking Estrogen levels when he ovulates hahahahahaha

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #108 on: January 18, 2007, 08:52:54 AM »
This coming from a 'guy' who asks women if he should be concerned about his peaking Estrogen levels when he ovulates hahahahahaha

Kiwi is the kinda guy that steals bananas from the market buy smuggling them up his ass.

Gayer than HR Puffinstuff
X

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #109 on: January 18, 2007, 08:55:18 AM »
Kiwi is the kinda guy that steals bananas from the market buy smuggling them up his ass.

Gayer than HR Puffinstuff

And Lard Homo is the kind of girl who is so feminine, her period lasts 27 days in a month hahahahaha

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
« Reply #110 on: January 18, 2007, 08:59:16 AM »
And Lard Homo is the kind of girl who is so feminine, her period lasts 27 days in a month hahahahaha
hahahahahah..bloody bitch
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #111 on: January 18, 2007, 09:18:15 AM »
Just because a person is big doesn't mean he has knowledge!

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #112 on: January 18, 2007, 11:19:23 AM »
Just because a person is big doesn't mean he has knowledge!

Exactly.  kiwiahole knows nothing.  he is a fat slob.  IF he even trains all it means is he is there to meet guys.  He eats thats why he is big.  He has met no one and has trained with no one who knows anythng.  He has proven this all the time.  Yet he pretends to know shit.  Just another internet troll acting bad.  What a moron.  He's as big a joke on Gtebog as he is at home.  How sad for him.

400kwgtr

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #113 on: January 18, 2007, 11:33:07 AM »
I dont fully agree with this statement. maybe with correct form they do. i see so many wankers lifting heavy on the bench press trying to impress their buddies and i am heaps bigger than they are. I tried training with one of these guys once and we packed the weight on to the bar. All i can say is that after finishing 4 sets with bad form and cheating a fair bit to get the bar up i ended up with a great pump... in my bloody back... I said to the guy i am hear to pump my chest not my back.
I must say that i am one of the top 3 biggest guys in my gym but there are alot of guys that are stronger than me. Some people dont realise that i am in there to build muscle not to be strong. there is a world of difference.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #114 on: January 18, 2007, 11:36:15 AM »
Heh, yeah...exactly why I find it so amusing that the tiny guys, and the guys who don't dare post their picture, are the ones who doll out the most advice.

Like I posted before: when I go to the gym, I find the smallest guy there and ask him what he's doing to increase his strength and size. Cuz, you know, he'll have the most to say about it...

....In the same respect, you can be small and have a wealth of knowledge (not that these guys do by any stretch of the imagination). The person that I consider ONE of my mentors when it comes to athletic training looks like he hardly lifted a weight in his life, but his technical knowledge is amazing!

gettingbetter

• Getbig III
  • Fuck Yeah!
« Reply #115 on: January 18, 2007, 01:39:06 PM »
All Type A fibers unless you train for an endurance sport!

Disagree, doing very low weight, controlled and high repetition (30-40) IN ADDITION to moderate and heavy weight is the way to go.

Those high repetition sets have been shown in studies to help increase capilariztion (small blood vessels being formed) in sollicited muscle. In turn, those new vessels can help deliver nutrient and cleaning wastes in the muscles. It basically helps creating satellites cells around your muscle, hence helping hypertrophy.

And actualy, type A fibers are slow oxydating (endurance) fibers. What you would want is transform type IIB (fast twitch) into IIA (medium twitch) that have a greater potential for growth, but YOU WOULD LOSE POWER (A TYPE OF STRENGHT) IN THE PROCESS.

Galvanized

• Getbig II
« Reply #116 on: January 18, 2007, 02:59:29 PM »
hahahahahah..bloody bitch

This coming from a guy who has already admitted that he can't even get a single chick in a huge country full of hoes.  By the way if you ever want to know how Indian women are, just ask me  ;)

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #117 on: January 18, 2007, 03:11:09 PM »

And actualy, type A fibers are slow oxydating (endurance) fibers. What you would want is transform type IIB (fast twitch) into IIA (medium twitch) that have a greater potential for growth, but YOU WOULD LOSE POWER (A TYPE OF STRENGHT) IN THE PROCESS.

Fast twitch fibers are the strongest and fastest. Look at explosive sports like Football, Basketball, sprinting, etc. This is the fiber they build to give them that gets athletes quick and powerful strength. Since fast twitch is the strongest fiber, it has the shortest endurance. Fast twitch will exaust itself usually after about 30sec of continus contraction, then the medium will TAKE OVER not transform.....but you make a valad point!

gettingbetter

• Getbig III
  • Fuck Yeah!
« Reply #118 on: January 18, 2007, 04:12:20 PM »

Finally, someone who gets it!!!!

I was not referring to actual muscle cells being converted while lifting though, I was saying that followin a typical bodybuilding protocol (medium volume, medium weight) a la Ronnie Coleman, some muscle fiber conversion (IIB to IIA) has been shown.

Glad to finally meet someone with more than to brain cells working together!

Fast twitch fibers are the strongest and fastest. Look at explosive sports like Football, Basketball, sprinting, etc. This is the fiber they build to give them that gets athletes quick and powerful strength. Since fast twitch is the strongest fiber, it has the shortest endurance. Fast twitch will exaust itself usually after about 30sec of continus contraction, then the medium will TAKE OVER not transform.....but you make a valad point!

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #119 on: January 18, 2007, 04:14:42 PM »

I was not referring to actual muscle cells being converted while lifting though, I was saying that followin a typical bodybuilding protocol (medium volume, medium weight) a la Ronnie Coleman, some muscle fiber conversion (IIB to IIA) has been shown.

Too bad I can't spell worth a crap ;)!!

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: January 18, 2007, 04:15:13 PM »

Ronnie Coleman uses "medium weight", what do you consider heavy weight?

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #121 on: January 18, 2007, 04:16:58 PM »
Ronnie Coleman uses "medium weight", what do you consider heavy weight?

haha, I guess he thinks 495 bench press is medium weight.  ::) Honestly, some of the people on this forum are delusional beyond reality.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: January 18, 2007, 04:21:03 PM »
haha, I guess he thinks 495 bench press is medium weight.  ::) Honestly, some of the people on this forum are delusional beyond reality.
hahahaha, i wish i was as strong as him, shit, 800 pound squats and deadlifts, 500 pound benches and barbell rows and 200 pound db benches and inclines are "medium weight" to him.

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #123 on: January 18, 2007, 04:40:53 PM »
why is this even an issue?  I've been lifting along time and if there is one thing that I have learned is that heavy weights=big muscles.  Threre are alot of other variables out there but this is the constant.

In August last year I was in the middle of my first heavy cycle in 2 years and I f'n killed myself in the gym everyday.  3 Days after getting out of the hospital for diverticulitus I was in the gym putting up the 120's on the incline and busting my ass.  When the blast ended I'd put on 12lbs over the course of about 10-12 weeks, was it all muscle?  Don't know but what I do know is that all my pants fit my waist-legs were a little tighter.

Don't fool yourself.  Isolation movements are garbage IMO.  I did all this stimulate don't enialite training back in the early 90's until this guy came up to me asked me to work with him for a few weeks and lfit heavy and see what happens.  I put on more muscle in the time I trained with him than I had in the previous 5 years...

it ain't rocket science.
nasser=piece of shit

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #124 on: January 18, 2007, 06:13:05 PM »

This thread is well beyond your simplistic comprehension.........go back to the political board camel boy this is about training!