Author Topic: Why has my dieting been easy?  (Read 1112 times)

BigNBloated

• Getbig III
  • Always bet on Duke.
Why has my dieting been easy?
« on: January 17, 2007, 02:00:58 PM »
I just started dieting about 3 weeks ago. I got a question, is dieting harder when you get down to lower bodyfats? Ive been doing cardio 5 days a week started 40 min a day, 45, this week 50 upping to 6 days. For some reason I dont feel like im dieting. Im taking a thermo diet is clean as can be but i dont feel exhausted or run down. Am i doing something wrong? I was expecting to feel awful taking in as little carbs as I am. I do cardio after I lift as well I cant make it in the morning but it just seems odd. Have I psyched myself into beleiving turkey burgers tuna and talapia are satisfying?

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
Re: Why has my dieting been easy?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 06:36:27 PM »
Unfortunately many times it hits after the first 3 weeks...if you are still feeling great in week 8 you are lucky.  My first year dieting sucked my second year wasn't too bad.  Enjoy it while it lasts ;)  And get lots of good fats, I always thought that made it easier :)
Jennifer

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2007, 05:32:00 AM »
I just started dieting about 3 weeks ago. I got a question, is dieting harder when you get down to lower bodyfats? Ive been doing cardio 5 days a week started 40 min a day, 45, this week 50 upping to 6 days. For some reason I dont feel like im dieting. Im taking a thermo diet is clean as can be but i dont feel exhausted or run down. Am i doing something wrong? I was expecting to feel awful taking in as little carbs as I am. I do cardio after I lift as well I cant make it in the morning but it just seems odd. Have I psyched myself into beleiving turkey burgers tuna and talapia are satisfying?

This has nothing to do with your question, but I noticed that you may be doing way too much cardio at this time.  As you lose weight, you will hit plateaus along the way.  To break through these plateaus, you must either decrease your calories slightly or increase your cardio.  You are starting off with a lot of cardio.  As you increase your cardio to break through your plateaus, pretty soon you are going to be doing what, three hours of cardio seven days a week?

BigNBloated

• Getbig III
  • Always bet on Duke.
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2007, 05:54:14 AM »
hmmm, good point, what about upping the intensity? Could that replace increasing the length of cardio, or stick to only 5 days then move to 6 if i encounter a roadblock?

Im rather new to this as I either failed at dieting before or just didnt do it at all. This year Ive been the most dedicated I have ever been, a FULL three weeks of cardio and dieting, seems like nothing but longest ive stuck with it unless i was fight training.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2007, 06:00:31 AM »
hmmm, good point, what about upping the intensity? Could that replace increasing the length of cardio, or stick to only 5 days then move to 6 if i encounter a roadblock?

Im rather new to this as I either failed at dieting before or just didnt do it at all. This year Ive been the most dedicated I have ever been, a FULL three weeks of cardio and dieting, seems like nothing but longest ive stuck with it unless i was fight training.

Yes, I actually prefer increasing the intensity as opposed to the time, but you can do either.  Good job on sticking to your diet for three weeks.  The longest I've stuck with a very strict diet is four months, and believe me, it is worth it if you do it right.

BigNBloated

• Getbig III
  • Always bet on Duke.
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2007, 07:28:10 AM »
I certainly hope so, Ive probably been sub 10% Bf about once in my life and it was because i was sucking weight for a kickboxing tournament. It was a bunch of muscle loss, good thing i won my weight class, i was around 170lbs then.

Right now im about 215 and not really sure what my BF is right now but its coming down and my weight is staying consistent which makes me think I must be doing something right. 

jdcii

• Getbig I
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2007, 08:29:43 AM »
everything that I have been told is to do more HIT than anything else.  I wouldn't do cardio more than 2-3 times a week.  Lift more.  Muscle will burn far more fat than your cardio will.

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2007, 12:36:37 PM »
everything that I have been told is to do more HIT than anything else.  I wouldn't do cardio more than 2-3 times a week.  Lift more.  Muscle will burn far more fat than your cardio will.

Many times you may not be able to do this deep into dieting as it takes so much energy that you may not have.  Lifting, IMO, is the most important to hit hard...when I was training for my shows I would try to do 1 intense workout (if I could) and then 3-4 days of low intensity cardio in the morning. 
Jennifer

BigNBloated

• Getbig III
  • Always bet on Duke.
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2007, 03:37:43 PM »
Im lifting mostly to just maintain the muscle plus im nursing a shoulder injury and trying to bring my legs down, lol...anyway my focus is the cardio and diet not blasting my muscles. I train with intensity with smaller gaps but i cant do cardio in the morning so to be int he gym for an hour and then do 40 min of cardio for me is awful. So i lift for about 30-40 min with minimal breaks and hit up the bike.