Author Topic: Q for Chick re: posing round  (Read 2005 times)

AVBG

Q for Chick re: posing round
« on: January 18, 2007, 01:39:00 PM »
Hey Bob,

Quick Q regards to the posing round...

Because the round is currently not judged on its merits i.e the the BB'ers are currently judged on the physique rather than the effort put into the choreography.

Would it be worthwhile to have the free posing round as an exhibition round for the night crowd and then officially have a "second" (for want of a better word) pre-judging for the BB'ers who were in the top ten from the original prejudging?

This idea I got from watching the golf and the golfers being cut as the tournament progresses.

amoney86

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: Q for Chick re: posing round
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2007, 01:26:43 PM »
the the prejudging should be the only judging, its hard enough to dial it down for one occasion let alone two. If you come back better at night too bad, the night show should be just for the fans.

AVBG

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2007, 07:06:11 PM »
Bump for Bob

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2007, 08:45:38 PM »
Already tried proposing it...the BBers wanted to keep the "posing round" as a "scored round"...even though they know they're not really getting judged on it...

Go figure.....

AVBG

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2007, 09:34:45 PM »
Already tried proposing it...the BBers wanted to keep the "posing round" as a "scored round"...even though they know they're not really getting judged on it...

Go figure.....

Thanks for the reply.

Makes no sense, I don't know why the likes of Melvin Anthony, Darrem et all even bother putting in that much effort in their choreography.

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2007, 07:36:48 PM »
So, the posing round ISN'T a factor in the final scorecard? Wow, I didn't know that.

Always thought it was.

AVBG

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2007, 07:40:31 PM »
So, the posing round ISN'T a factor in the final scorecard? Wow, I didn't know that.

Always thought it was.

What Bob is saying is that in the round the scores count (as the physiques are judged) but the posing expertise is not.