Author Topic: QUESTION FOR SERGIO RULES 77...  (Read 4886 times)

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
QUESTION FOR SERGIO RULES 77...
« on: January 18, 2007, 02:39:42 PM »
As much as you LOVE Sergio Oliva, have you ever actually met the man himself?

Sergio Rules 77

• Getbig III
  • Sergio can split the atom. With his bare hands.
Re: QUESTION FOR SERGIO RULES 77...
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2007, 03:54:13 PM »
As much as you LOVE Sergio Oliva, have you ever actually met the man himself?

No, unfortunately. I live in Australia which makes it very difficult to meet him, to the best of my knowledge Sergio has never been to Australia. It is my dream to go to the US some time in the next few years and maybe set up a meeting through his agent Jack. That would be a dream come true.

SERGIO!!!!
Ugh, my retirement grease

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2007, 05:17:02 PM »
No, unfortunately. I live in Australia which makes it very difficult to meet him, to the best of my knowledge Sergio has never been to Australia. It is my dream to go to the US some time in the next few years and maybe set up a meeting through his agent Jack. That would be a dream come true.

SERGIO!!!!

Well, let me tell ya, from personal experience... he is one cool cat. 

AVBG

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2007, 05:19:51 PM »

SERGIO!!!!

Dude Sergio has been to Australia on at least one occassion. Look up Vince Basile's posts he'll tell you some stories..

I remember one story, Vince Basile bought a new camera to take pics of Sergio and (from memory) Sergio decided that he wasn't in condition and didn't want to guest pose.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2007, 05:57:10 PM »
Yes I can attest to Sergio being very cool.  We had allot of fun together in 2003

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2007, 08:29:10 PM »
There was an ad on TV here in Aus a year or two ago. It showed Sergio as a cop (or former cop) who goes dancing and just enjoys life. He seemed really cool. I forget what he was advertising, but it wasn't a fitness product.

AVBG

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2007, 08:29:59 PM »
There was an ad on TV here in Aus a year or two ago. It showed Sergio as a cop (or former cop) who goes dancing and just enjoys life. He seemed really cool. I forget what he was advertising, but it wasn't a fitness product.

credit card ad.

Sergio Rules 77

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2007, 10:20:55 PM »

Yes, it was an ad for the ANZ credit card. I was watching David Letterman one night when the ad came on, I couldn't believe my eyes. Luckily I was taping it too ;D. The ad sought of belittles Sergio a bit though. No one remembers who came second ?. If only the average person watching that ad knew what a legend they were watching :'(.

Dude Sergio has been to Australia on at least one occassion. Look up Vince Basile's posts he'll tell you some stories..

I remember one story, Vince Basile bought a new camera to take pics of Sergio and (from memory) Sergio decided that he wasn't in condition and didn't want to guest pose.

WOW, thanks for that man. I'll have to send an email Baz's way.

SERGIO!!!!

Yabuddy

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2007, 07:08:33 AM »
Do u have his traing video put out in 1985?

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2007, 12:49:35 PM »

PLEASE tell me you're kidding. There's actually a "training video" Sergio Oliva did?

Sergio Rules 77

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2007, 03:19:33 PM »

Yes, I have it. It's Sergio preparing for the 1984 Olympia. It's very rare and the quality is really rough but it's priceless to see Sergio workout for an hour. It has really dodgy music ;D and the girl who does the voiceover "Watch now as Sergio performs presses behind the neck" is being told what to say by some dude, it's very amateurish. There is a review of it below, I'll be posting my own screenshots at some point.

http://www.bodybuildingpro.com/sergioolivaworkout.html

SERGIO!!!!

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2007, 06:40:21 PM »
Yes, I have it. It's Sergio preparing for the 1984 Olympia. It's very rare and the quality is really rough but it's priceless to see Sergio workout for an hour. It has really dodgy music ;D and the girl who does the voiceover "Watch now as Sergio performs presses behind the neck" is being told what to say by some dude, it's very amateurish. There is a review of it below, I'll be posting my own screenshots at some point.

http://www.bodybuildingpro.com/sergioolivaworkout.html

SERGIO!!!!

It does exist?
You lucky bastard!

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2007, 06:42:24 PM »
There's NO WAY to get this DVD???

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2007, 08:19:40 AM »

oliva wanted to be paid by basile for the privilege of photographing sergio.

vince figured that sergio wasn't in great condition so he shouldn't have to pay, so he didn't and thus no photos.