Author Topic: Do you think Ronnie would stand a chance in fight!  (Read 12782 times)

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
Strongman is a complete diferent league... For me the best athlete in the world is a strongman, Mariusz Pudzianowski... In a street fight Mariusz would be very difficult to beat, he is very big but he can swuing several punches without getting tired, and if he grabs someone he can smash the guy agaist a wall or against the floor. I think that in a street fight Fedor would have a hard time against Mariusz. Mariusz actually did 5 or 6 years boxing...  Mariuz is 132 kgs, Fedor is 106 kgs...

Fedor would KO Mariusz on his feet.  It wouldn't even be close.  Fighters have better footwork, cut better angles, Mariusz wouldn't be able to "grab" Fedor.  As Jouka Ahola found out, strength is one attribute necessary. 

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
Fedor would KO Mariusz on his feet.  It wouldn't even be close.  Fighters have better footwork, cut better angles, Mariusz wouldn't be able to "grab" Fedor.  As Jouka Ahola found out, strength is one attribute necessary. 

this is true.

i say this with some regret because i have personally always loved the idea of being as strong as possible and it would be wonderful to think that if i can smash, break and lift things i could just do the same to other people (if i had to). i think it's a primal thing. you know, be bigger and stronger than the bully so therefore be able to beat the crap out of him too.

i have fought for quite a few years now and i can tell you it doesn't work like that. being able to fight efficiently and well depends heavily on agility, technique, stamina and speed which very heavily muscular types just don't have.

as i said, i wish it was different but it aint. every time i overdue the weights i start to suck as a fighter. my stamina starts going (i could run 5 miles a day - no difference), i start muscle punching (not enough pop), my hands come down more, my movement's stiff and i'm read easier. grappling starts getting sloppy (difficulty getting leverage and can't get secure hooks in on slippery opponents).

you do a lot of tennis you look like a tennis player.

you do a lot of body building you look like a bber.

you do a lot of fighting you look like a fighter. :-\

and vice versa ;D

although i still think fedor looks like shit.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
this is true.

i say this with some regret because i have personally always loved the idea of being as strong as possible and it would be wonderful to think that if i can smash, break and lift things i could just do the same to other people (if i had to). i think it's a primal thing. you know, be bigger and stronger than the bully so therefore be able to beat the crap out of him too.

i have fought for quite a few years now and i can tell you it doesn't work like that. being able to fight efficiently and well depends heavily on agility, technique, stamina and speed which very heavily muscular types just don't have.

as i said, i wish it was different but it aint. every time i overdue the weights i start to suck as a fighter. my stamina starts going (i could run 5 miles a day - no difference), i start muscle punching (not enough pop), my hands come down more, my movement's stiff and i'm read easier. grappling starts getting sloppy (difficulty getting leverage and can't get secure hooks in on slippery opponents).

you do a lot of tennis you look like a tennis player.

you do a lot of body building you look like a bber.

you do a lot of fighting you look like a fighter. :-\

and vice versa ;D

although i still think fedor looks like shit.
hahahaha, another 155 lb. guy who thinks that size and strength don't matter in a fight. ::)

Dog Chapman

• Getbig II
  • check out the Y, it's all good my brothers.
hahahaha, another 155 lb. guy who thinks that size and strength don't matter in a fight. ::)
yeah cause of all their experiance they have watching the ufc ::)

take it from me size rules when it come to street fighting.

The Dog.
Bluto is a whiny beotch!

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!

The Dog.
Finally someone understands!!!!! Thanx Dog. I was talking about STREET FIGHT NOT RING FIGHTS!!! Damn. I told that Fedor would have a hard time against Mariusz in a STREET FIGHT!!! Any big strong guy with some moves is very hard to beat ON THE STREET, no rules no bells!!! When I work as a security in night clubs big strong guys are always harder to handle. In a nightclub fight forget stamina and wonderful moves!!! It is about survival the guys must go outside and you need strength to put them outside. Sometimes you have to handle a 4 or 5 guys fight, you must drag the fuckers or you lose the money... Everything is very fast, I guy like Mariusz ON STREET FIGHT IS EXTREMELY DANGEROUS, Fedor also is but believe that if you see Fedor on a street fight he would fight very differently than in a ring.
S

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
Re: Do you think Ronnie would stand a chance in fight!
« Reply #80 on: January 23, 2007, 09:11:44 AM »
i weigh about 220 - 230lbs in fighting shape.

size and strength does matter in a fight, but too much size and strength such as that displayed by a top pro bber spells disaster for a fighter.

true, guys like ronnie will destroy your average guy but a good fighter would know exactly how to dispose of ronnie.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: January 23, 2007, 09:13:31 AM »

size and strength does matter in a fight, but too much size and strength such as that displayed by a top pro bber spells disaster for a fighter.

true, guys like ronnie will destroy your average guy but a good fighter would know exactly how to dispose of ronnie.
hahahaha, of course you do, another internet monster. ::)

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #82 on: January 23, 2007, 09:15:29 AM »
hahahaha, of course you do, another internet monster. ::)

i didn't think 220 - 230 made me a monster, but i guess compared to you i probably am.

BigCypriate

• Getbig IV
  • F****n Peasants!
« Reply #83 on: January 23, 2007, 09:18:05 AM »

so you would easily dispose of Ronnie?   ::)

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #84 on: January 23, 2007, 09:24:36 AM »
fedor fights 10 hours a day, 7 days a week.

"street fighters" fight for 10 seconds every other weekend.

fedor still wins.
Deep Tissue Massage

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
  • President Barack Obama -- 2 Term U.S. President
« Reply #85 on: January 23, 2007, 09:29:46 AM »
LoL at you pathetic morons.  Mariusz is so strong all he'd have to do is grab Fedor's tiny head and rip it off. 

Ronnie has beaten Jay Cutler, Flex Wheeler,  and Kevin Levrone.  Who the f**k has Fedor beat?  Mirko Crop Cop? LoL what a gay name!

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #86 on: January 23, 2007, 09:30:46 AM »
so you would easily dispose of Ronnie?   ::)

yes, easily to be honest.

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
  • President Barack Obama -- 2 Term U.S. President
« Reply #87 on: January 23, 2007, 09:38:02 AM »
Ronnie would also eat Gomi Takanori and Matt Hughes alive.

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #88 on: January 23, 2007, 09:48:21 AM »

In a street fight? You are very secure of yourself!
S

Petrucci

• Getbig IV
  • Team Kratos!!!
« Reply #89 on: January 23, 2007, 09:54:25 AM »
Ronnie would also eat Gomi Takanori and Matt Hughes alive.

he still would have to drink 6 to 8 scoops of whey to achieve his daily protein intake. Bob Sapp in other hand would be a great meal for a day for Ronnie i think
!

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!

The Dog.
see this vid
http://www.tmz.com/2007/01/05/wilmers-bodyguard-whips-clubgoers-ass/

Shit happens... the guy ain't Fedor but the bodyguard ain't Mariusz also...
S

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: January 23, 2007, 12:57:05 PM »

hahahahahahahahahahahaha, oh brother.

benjamin pearson

• Getbig IV
  • Dan18 has a huge forehead
« Reply #93 on: January 23, 2007, 03:39:06 PM »
Beast you could easily beat ronnie????? hahaha i bet you fucking little bitch...... 

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #94 on: January 23, 2007, 03:46:19 PM »
Beast 8692 is really Kip from Napoleon Dynamite.

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #95 on: January 23, 2007, 05:13:46 PM »
In a street fight? You are very secure of yourself!

street fight even easier. more weapons at my disposal.

look, i'm not trying to be an internet tough guy here but the simple fact is that ronnie has too much muscle to be able to move or defend himself efficiently against a well trained fighter.

this is not a diss on ronnie. he is an awesome bber, but that's what he does, not fighting.

anyone that has spent a lot of time training in boxing or grappling can vouch for why ronnie would have great difficulty with a well trained fighter.

to break it down a bit: ronnie's defence to take downs and strikes would be atrocious. he has very limited movement for a fighter(backward, foreward, lateral, head, shoulders, hips, etc) his stance would be ludicrous and he would be wide open for any type of strike the fighter decided on (think homer simpson). he would gas very quickly under these conditions and the aforementioned problems would just be amplified.

i have no doubt that ronnie would have done extensive close quarter and unarmed combat training as a police officer, but we are not talking about some felon that doesn't know how to fight, we are talking about a well trained fighter and ronnie has created a body that has made himself less efficient to use these skills effectively against a WELL TRAINED FIGHTER.

i do agree that size and strength are great things in a fight but the subject has taken the size part too far for fighting. for bbing? again, the man is a machine and i respect the hell out of him, but fighting? he should carry his service firearm ;D.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #96 on: January 23, 2007, 05:18:07 PM »
I think Bleckman would give Ronnie a run for his money

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #97 on: January 23, 2007, 05:33:48 PM »
I think Bleckman would give Ronnie a run for his money

ha ha ha, where do you find this shit?

@Brandon

• Getbig III
  • Functional muscle.
« Reply #98 on: January 23, 2007, 07:54:57 PM »
Beast dont try to explain things to them.
Waste of time.

They dont know anything about fighting and never will.
Noob threads like this belongs to noobtown.

Its like trying to explain fighting to kindergarden kids.
Let them believe Ronnie is a good streetfighter, lol.

Stavios

« Reply #99 on: January 23, 2007, 08:02:20 PM »
Adonis, could you beat Ronnie Coleman in a fight

speak on this