Author Topic: Gas in Honolulu $2.81; Detroit: $1.86  (Read 1543 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Gas in Honolulu $2.81; Detroit: $1.86
« on: January 22, 2007, 12:06:59 PM »
The gas cartel still hard at work in Hawaii. 

Gas in Honolulu $2.81; Detroit: $1.86

Associated Press

CAMARILLO, Calif. — The average retail price of gasoline nationwide dropped nearly 14 cents over the past two weeks, mirroring a drop in crude oil prices.
The national average for self-serve regular was $2.18 a gallon, industry analyst Trilby Lundberg said yesterday.

The average for midgrade was $2.29, while premium was $2.40 a gallon, according to Lundberg's latest survey of 7,000 gas stations across the country.

The cheapest gas in the country was found in Detroit, where the price of self-serve regular was $1.86. The highest average price for that grade was $2.81 a gallon in Honolulu.

California prices on average for regular grade was $2.52, down nearly 9 cents from two weeks ago. Among California cities surveyed, the highest price was in San Francisco at $2.62, and the lowest was in Bakersfield at $2.44.

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/2007/Jan/22/br/br0498732651.html

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
Re: Gas in Honolulu $2.81; Detroit: $1.86
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 01:14:58 PM »

it takes my car almost $65.00 to fill up. its rediculous. having Chicken Katsu for lunch from L&L's makes me feel good though. im splurging today!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 01:17:25 PM »
Costs me a little less, because I fill up at Costco, but still.   >:( 

Not sure what my kiddies made me for lunch today.   :)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2007, 02:37:50 PM »
global warming is fucking over the oil companies!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2007, 02:41:37 PM »
Costs me a little less, because I fill up at Costco, but still.   >:( 

Not sure what my kiddies made me for lunch today.   :)

Veggie bacon sandwich, lays potato chips, and fruit of my choosing (from the fruit basket in my office).  Nice.   :)

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2007, 02:54:50 PM »
Nothing personal, but I believe the tax should be high on gas.

Why?

Because the CO2 emissions of cars are enormous, perhaps we who drive the cars should pay for the CO2 we put out.

Instead of general tax raises, which are unfair and strikes the economy, a gas tax raise would allow for alternative fuel resources to break through, also allow for funding of funding alternatives, such as railways, subways, bus traffic, et al.

Lots of people are driving SUV's.

I doubt they would if gas would cost $6-7 a gallon.

A gas tax raise would not only put an end to thirsty cars, but would also give a boost to the US farmers, increasing the need for ethanol. Possibly, an end to oil dependency.

This won't happen though. Why? Because the oil lobbyists are some of the most powerful groups in Washington.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2007, 03:20:09 PM »
Nothing personal, but I believe the tax should be high on gas.

Why?

Because the CO2 emissions of cars are enormous, perhaps we who drive the cars should pay for the CO2 we put out.

Instead of general tax raises, which are unfair and strikes the economy, a gas tax raise would allow for alternative fuel resources to break through, also allow for funding of funding alternatives, such as railways, subways, bus traffic, et al.

Lots of people are driving SUV's.

I doubt they would if gas would cost $6-7 a gallon.

A gas tax raise would not only put an end to thirsty cars, but would also give a boost to the US farmers, increasing the need for ethanol. Possibly, an end to oil dependency.

This won't happen though. Why? Because the oil lobbyists are some of the most powerful groups in Washington.

-Hedge

It's not so much the gas tax that's the issue, it's the profit margins of the gas cartel, which basically never changes.  Price of oil goes up, they profit.  Price of oil drops, they profit.  They might be the only industry that ALWAYS makes a profit no matter what the economy does.  The rest of poor saps have to live and die with the economy.  What they're doing is just criminal. 

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2007, 03:55:51 PM »
It's not so much the gas tax that's the issue, it's the profit margins of the gas cartel, which basically never changes.  Price of oil goes up, they profit.  Price of oil drops, they profit.  They might be the only industry that ALWAYS makes a profit no matter what the economy does.  The rest of poor saps have to live and die with the economy.  What they're doing is just criminal. 

Mark, that's one of the reasons that company was started in the first place, so that people could be freed from the fear of rising gas prices. There are many people right now, essentially getting their fuel at no out-of-pocket costs to themselves. Everytime they or one of their family members goes to the pump, they simply swipe their Prevay/PinPago cards.

One of the best features to it is that it reduces tailpipe emissions by 70%+. While I haven't done it personally, I've had friends who have literally smelled the exhaust from the tailpipe, and it makes a HUGE difference. People are saving a bundle, are they're not polluting the environment as much. You can see a video on how it works here.
w

luike101

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2007, 12:07:07 PM »
Jag, Have you tried this product?  If so tell about it.

luike101

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2007, 12:08:29 PM »
Sorry I just skimmed over your post, I got my answer.  If you try it let us know! :)