Author Topic: Terrell Owens on Parcells..LOL  (Read 9686 times)

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
Terrell Owens on Parcells..LOL
« on: January 23, 2007, 07:13:00 AM »
The only part he left out was that Parcells at a bloated 300 lb. doesn't look anything like a coach.

Owens: Parcells’ retirement ‘was needed’
Cowboys receiver says coach's old-school ways not good for team

Terrell Owens says that Bill Parcells' retirement can only be a good thing for the Cowboys, according to a report in the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

Speaking to the newspaper from Miami, where he is recovering from finger surgery, Owens said his play, and that of the Cowboys, was disappointing in the past season. He said the results are partly attributed to Parcells.

“I am just hoping his retirement brings promise to what the team has to offer,” Owens said. “This past year was a big letdown. On paper we were as good as anybody we played against every week. The end result didn’t show that. Our play was not indicative of what we could have done. What we should have done. Hopefully, the owner will hire a coach to take the team to the next level.”

T.O. said that Parcells fostered an unhealthy locker room environment.

“Sometimes change is good,” Owens told the paper. “ I think it was needed.”

Owens said Parcells sometimes wouldn't talk to him for weeks, and did not offer and words of encouragement after his accidental overdose.

“Coming into this season and this situation, I wanted to be positive,” Owens told the Star-Telegram. “When I talked to him for the first time we left an impression on each other. I still think he is a great guy. But he is like my grandmother. You love the person, but they are stuck in their old-school ways. You can’t move them from their way of thought.”

“You don’t know who is doing what,” Owens said. “You don’t know who is calling plays. That is why our offense was up and down. You saw that at the end of the year. It filtered off. We as a team felt the frustration. I felt the frustration. But Bill is Bill.”

Owens admitted that he did not play up to his potential, but he also said that he didn't fit into the offense.

“I was underutilized in the offense,” Owens said. “A new coach can be good for the Cowboys. It’s not just me. But my teammates know I could have done more. I wasn’t used as a No. 1 receiver. If you don’t involve a guy, that person is not going to be as productive as he can be. That’s how I felt.”

pumpster

• Getbig V
Re: Terrell Owens on Parcells..hahahahahahahahahha
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 07:18:05 AM »
typical  excuse making and laziness.

Maybe, maybe not but Parcells is over-rated, never won without Bellichick. A coach preaching discipline should not be a bloated fat slob with man boobs.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2007, 07:19:56 AM »

LOL Typical...you guys kill me....

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2007, 07:21:46 AM »
Maybe maybe not but Parcells is over-rated. Never won without Bellichick. A coach preaching discipline should not be a bloated fat slob with man boobs.

Yah but its the players that are lazy huh ::)

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2007, 07:22:31 AM »

Yeah but its the players that are lazy huh ::)

I didn't say it, genius. Focus. Concentrate. ::)

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2007, 07:23:26 AM »
I didn't say it, genius. Focus. Concentrate. ::)

yeah i know i was responding actually to the other guy...

And when i played ball i couldnt even respect my fat fuck of a coach when it came to conditioning and him calling other lineman fat...he was a tub o lard himself.

pumpster

• Getbig V
Re: Terrell Owens on Parcells..LOL
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2007, 07:25:26 AM »
A coach should have some kind of personal discipline.

Monster quads & bis.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2007, 07:30:20 AM »
hahahahaha, you make it sound as if all the other NFL head coaches are huge, ripped 275 pound Greek statues, the man does have two Super Bowl rings.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2007, 07:32:40 AM »
A coach should have some kind of personal discipline.

Monster quads & bis.

Exactly. BEcause a team is the reflection of the coach.
When they carry themselves with disipline it is easier to give an example of what it is and what players should look towards

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2007, 07:33:10 AM »
What other good past or present NFL coach is an out-and-out slob? None come to mind. Someone with heart problems should be the first to get it together physically.

2 rings is fine but not in the same league as the best all-time coaches. He's also only 9th in all-time wins. The 2nd ring was extremely close.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2007, 07:34:02 AM »

Bullshit.

That's T.O. making excuses.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2007, 07:35:13 AM »
Bullshit.

That's T.O. making excuses.

Just because TO's unstable doesn't mean his comments don't make sense.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2007, 07:36:23 AM »
Maybe, maybe not but Parcells is over-rated, never won without Bellichick. A coach preaching discipline...

Look at what the Giants, Patriots, Jets, and Cowboys were before he got there.  

Sheesh, people.  

To show - again - what idiots T.O. and Jerry Jones are, Jones is the one who got pissy with Parcells for benching Drew Bledsoe and making Tony Romo the starter.

IF the coach had done what the owner wanted, this team never would've even sniffed the playoffs.

So, Jerry and T.O. - shut the f*ck up.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2007, 07:38:37 AM »
Look at what the Giants, Patriots, Jets, and Cowboys were before he got there.  

Sheesh, people.  

To show - again - what idiots T.O. and Jerry Jones are, Jones is the one who got pissy with Parcells for benching Drew Bledsoe and making Tony Romo the starter.

IF the coach had done what the owner wanted, this team never would've even sniffed the playoffs.

So, Jerry and T.O. - shut the f*ck up.

In NY we have some clear memories-Parcells bailing on the Jets just as he's just done with the Cowboys, then trying to slough off the the Jets to Bellichick who understandibly backed out, blowing the Jet's season with no viable QB backup to Vinny. No doubt about it. Then there was the New England mess.

Equally poor in Dallas, with no serious QB until this season after passing on Drew Brees before this season. Dallas fans aren't upset that he's going.

http://www.theticket.com/

http://www.wfan.com/

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2007, 07:40:26 AM »
What other good past or present NFL coach is an out-and-out slob? None come to mind. Someone with heart problems should be the first to get it together physically.

2 rings is fine but not in the same league as the best all-time coaches. He's also only 9th in all-time wins. The 2nd ring was extremely close.
ever seen Eric Mangini or Dennis Green before?

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2007, 07:41:46 AM »
ever seen Eric Mangini or Dennis Green before?

Green's a joke, on par with Marty Schottenheimer. His greatest accomplishment's been to convince people he was a serious coach.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2007, 07:47:13 AM »
Mike Holmgren ain't exactly Mr. Universe material himself.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2007, 07:57:39 AM »
I just know as a player that if you are a fat fuck its hard for me to play football for you. Now if you are a fat fuck as well as an asshole i might just shut down. Bill didnt seem like much of a motivator to me. Like maybe Pete Carrol. I could play for him or Lou Holts Joe Pa coaches like that.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2007, 07:59:51 AM »
I just know as a player that if you are a fat f**k its hard for me to play football for you. Now if you are a fat f**k as well as an asshole i might just shut down. Bill didnt seem like much of a motivator to me. Like maybe Pete Carrol. I could play for him or Lou Holts Joe Pa coaches like that.

Totally. Wouldn't want to play for Holmgren either.

Robert Kraft in New England must be cracking up watching the Parcells mess over the last few years, considering what he went through with him with the Patriots.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2007, 08:01:39 AM »
African American players need a coach who is big on discipline like Parcells or Bobby Knight.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2007, 08:02:16 AM »
African maerican players need a coach who is big on discipline like Parcells or Bobby Knight.

Don't forget the Jews. ::)

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2007, 08:37:28 AM »
African American players need a coach who is big on discipline like Parcells or Bobby Knight.

and why is that?

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2007, 09:52:51 AM »
Is that all there was? Did the entire Bill Parcells in Dallas era add up to nothing more than a ho-hum 34-32 record and a pair of playoff losses in four years? Talk about much ado about very little. So much hype. So much hoopla. But a bit light on the fulfilled promise.

Parcells walked away from the NFL again Monday, and this time it sounds like it's for good. But how can we ever be sure with the Tuna? His retirement sagas have been going on for 16 years now, starting when he left the league the first time, in the wake of the Giants' stirring 20-19 win over Buffalo in January 1991's Super Bowl XXV.

Parcells kept chasing that elusive third Super Bowl ring -- first in New England, then with the Jets, and finally in Dallas -- but without success. If this is really it, let the record show he hadn't led a team to the Super Bowl in 10 years (the Patriots, in Super Bowl XXXI), hadn't won a playoff game since the Jets defeated Jacksonville in the divisional round in 1998, and hadn't won more than 10 regular season games since those '98 Jets went 12-4 and made it to the AFC title game.

He's a Hall of Fame coach to be sure, but he didn't exactly add to his legacy with his final round-up in Dallas. Parcells' Cowboys were never dominant, and try as he might to prove that he could win the Super Bowl without the aid of a Bill Belichick-coached defense, he never even got close to reaching that goal.

He leaves Dallas better off than when he arrived -- the Cowboys were 5-11 in the three seasons before Parcells -- but the team's 9-7, one-and-done playoff appearance this season hardly resembled a dynasty in the making. After surging to an 8-4 mark and first place in the NFC East on the strength of Tony Romo-mania, the Cowboys looked poised to make some real noise in the watered-down NFC. Parcells even had that old twinkle in his eye when he talked about his team's playoff chances and where its 2006 season might be headed.

But it all came undone in December as Romo's game regressed, the secondary slumped in embarrassing fashion, and Parcells appeared almost powerless to stop the slide. Dallas lost three of its last four games, with all the defeats coming at home, as the Saints, Eagles and, most galling of all, the always tame Lions humbled the Cowboys at Texas Stadium.

Dallas still made the playoffs -- it was hard to avoid them in the NFC this season -- but its first-round loss at Seattle seemed to perfectly sum up how the ride had ended for these Cowboys, with Romo losing his grip and his magic touch at the worst possible time.

If that was our last look at Parcells in coaching mode, then our lingering image will be of him walking off the field in Seattle, a stunned look in his eyes, and all of his 65 years showing in the deepening lines on his face.

It was not the script or the ending Parcells envisioned for himself when he accepted Jerry Jones' offer and the challenge of rebuilding America's Team. He goes out with great fanfare, but with his greatest successes being a long way in the past.

For Parcells, Dallas was not the denouement that we expected.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2007, 10:56:09 AM »
TO dropped so many easy passes this year it wasnt funny. He can act like he didnt try but he did.

He isnt a team player and probably never will be

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2007, 11:05:54 AM »
TO dropped so many easy passes this year it wasnt funny. He can act like he didnt try but he did.

If he wasn't trying, he's a loser.

If he was trying, he's a loser.

Either way, he's a loser.