Author Topic: CNN debunks false report about Obama  (Read 958 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
CNN debunks false report about Obama
« on: January 23, 2007, 10:06:07 AM »
CNN debunks false report about Obama
JAKARTA, Indonesia (CNN) -- Allegations that Sen. Barack Obama was educated in a radical Muslim school known as a "madrassa" are not accurate, according to CNN reporting.

Insight Magazine, which is owned by the same company as The Washington Times, reported on its Web site last week that associates of Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y., had unearthed information the Illinois Democrat and likely presidential candidate attended a Muslim religious school known for teaching the most fundamentalist form of Islam.

Obama lived in Indonesia as a child, from 1967 to 1971, with his mother and step-father and has acknowledged attending a Muslim school, but an aide said it was not a madrassa.

Insight attributed the information in its article to an unnamed source, who said it was discovered by "researchers connected to Senator Clinton." A spokesman for Clinton, who is also weighing a White House bid, denied that the campaign was the source of the Obama claim.

He called the story "an obvious right-wing hit job."

http://www.cnn.com/POLITICS/blogs/politicalticker/2007/01/cnn-debunks-false-report-about-obama.html

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: CNN debunks false report about Obama
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 10:09:12 AM »
FOX news was quite happy to publish the report on the air without researching it.

Also, attributing the story to Clinton with zero backup is a pretty dirty trick.  If you're going to smear her, you'd better have some darn good proof.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2007, 10:27:24 AM »
disgustig.... Even CNN used it as a plug for the next shows and next segments.  I heard on CNN more times that he was... I never actually caught the part where it was revealed as false.  What a disgusting hit... looks like Hillary is pre-ordained. :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2007, 10:29:55 AM »
MSNBC was happy to tell us all about it last night.

I think they said FOX news owns wash times, and FOX played the shit out of the story before checking on it.  Then, they SPECULATED it might have been the Hilary camp. 

As the nation becomes more and more polarized to political parties (by design), the media outlets serving these two groups will do the same.

FOX was irresponsible in this case.  A simple call to the school in questions showed the one they announced was a college graduate school, and that Obama had never attended.  I mean, your standard high school newspaper would make one call.  But FOX went right to air.

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2007, 10:32:53 AM »

FOX was irresponsible in this case. 

might be true in this case

still the only news worth watching
W