Author Topic: McNabb leaving the Eagles?  (Read 7867 times)

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
Re: McNabb leaving the Eagles?
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2007, 03:16:15 PM »
You guys are nuts. Mcnabb's 30 years old and Garcia's 37. No way they get rid of Donovan.

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2007, 03:20:37 PM »
You guys are nuts. Mcnabb's 30 years old and Garcia's 37. No way they get rid of Donovan.

I agree.  That's why I said in my prior post that there is no suitable replacement in sight.  That included Garcia.

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2007, 12:12:37 AM »
a younger qb may benifit from having garcia around on the sidlines or maybe as a starter for next year but i dont think garcia could be a starter much longer than that

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2007, 04:30:55 AM »
Ya, the age factor would make a difference for sure. On the other hand, someone who hasn't played much lately like Garcia, who is clearly still athletic, probably has a few years left. IMO he's proven that he's the better QB and revealed that Rush Limbaugh was right about McNabb-better to trade McNabb, get some good pics and draft a QB but i don't know if they're open-minded enough to do it.

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2007, 04:33:45 AM »
Ya, the age factor would make a difference for sure. On the other hand, someone who hasn't played much lately like Garcia, who is clearly still athletic, probably has a few years left. IMO he's proven that he's the better QB and revealed that Rush Limbaugh was right about McNabb-better to trade McNabb, get some good pics and draft a QB but i don't know if they're open-minded enough to do it.
now here is the tricky part who do you unload mcnabb on ???

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2007, 04:45:31 AM »
now here is the tricky part who do you unload mcnabb on ???

There's always a shortage of decent QBs, plenty of teams would want him the same way Garcia can easily find work elsewhere. Based on what Garcia did it's obvious that McNabb's not as good as advertised, i don't think they make the playoffs with McNabb.

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2007, 04:46:04 AM »
There's always a shortage of good QBs, plenty of teams would want him.
fuck id bet you there woulb be a cuple of teams interested in bledsoe

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2007, 04:47:30 AM »
f**k id bet you there woulb be a cuple of teams interested in bledsoe

Exactly; even Bledsoe.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2007, 07:29:06 AM »
IMO he's proven that he's the better QB and revealed that Rush Limbaugh was right about McNabb-

Not at all.  Certainly not according to the numbers.  He has been one of the most successful QBs in the NFL since 2000.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2007, 07:50:51 AM »
Not at all.  Certainly not according to the numbers.  He has been one of the most successful QBs in the NFL since 2000.

Bum's fixation with numbers has already been demolished, as witnessed by his obsession with the numbers re: Colt's run defense. Completely utterly off; anyone with common sense would've learned from that. Numbers and QBing can be very misleading. McNabb's a solid QB but Limbaugh was absolutely right. It was finally revealed when a better QB like Garcia took over.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2007, 09:40:20 AM »
Bum's fixation with numbers has already been demolished, as witnessed by his obsession with the numbers re: Colt's run defense. Completely utterly off; anyone with common sense would've learned from that. Numbers and QBing can be very misleading. McNabb's a solid QB but Limbaugh was absolutely right. It was finally revealed when a better QB like Garcia took over.

Pumpster's refusal to look at the numbers is revealing.  Limbaugh said McNabb was overrated, because the media wanted to see a black QB succeed.  Let's look at the facts:

1.  McNabb led his team to the playoffs, with lousy WRs, in 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, and 2004 (when he had T.O.), which included four appearances in the NFC Championship game and a Super Bowl appearance. 

2.  He has thrown for 22,080 yards and 152 TDs v. 72 INTs, ran for 2,726 yards and 24 TDs. 

3.  He has been named to the Pro Bowl 5 times. 

4.  Before T.O., he had one of the worst sets of skill position players in the NFL.

I think this explains why you don't want to look at the numbers.   :)

What facts do you have to support the contention that he is overrated? 

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2007, 10:10:04 AM »
McNabb's a solid QB

He has a career QB rating of 85.2 which is good but not great.  "Solid" is an accurate description IMO.  The problem is, even solid QBs are very valuable in this league.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2007, 10:54:13 AM »

Pumpster's refusal to look at the numbers is revealing.  Limbaugh said McNabb was overrated, because the media wanted to see a black QB succeed.  Let's look at the facts:

1.  McNabb led his team to the playoffs, with lousy WRs, in 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, and 2004 (when he had T.O.), which included four appearances in the NFC Championship game and a Super Bowl appearance. 

2.  He has thrown for 22,080 yards and 152 TDs v. 72 INTs, ran for 2,726 yards and 24 TDs. 

3.  He has been named to the Pro Bowl 5 times. 

4.  Before T.O., he had one of the worst sets of skill position players in the NFL.

I think this explains why you don't want to look at the numbers.   :)

What facts do you have to support the contention that he is overrated? 

Dude you could not have been *more* wrong on the Colt's run defense. Get a clue that you're on the wrong path. ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2007, 11:01:18 AM »
Dude you could not have been *more* wrong on the Colt's run defense. Get a clue that you're on the wrong path. ::)

"What facts do you have to support the contention that he is overrated?"