Author Topic: Bush asks congress for 92,000 more troops tonight.  (Read 2377 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Bush asks congress for 92,000 more troops tonight.
« on: January 23, 2007, 09:10:20 PM »
Where are we going to get them?

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
Re: Bush asks congress for 92,000 more troops tonight.
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 09:15:30 PM »
Mexico!!!

maybe bush would like to add his own kids to the list no?
carpe` vaginum!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2007, 09:19:04 PM »
Would be very interesting to export war like that, using mexican fighters. 

I have no idea the logistics and legals of it.. nor the morality or if the world would shit their collective pants.

Very weird idea though.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2007, 09:49:58 PM »
nor the morality or if the world would shit their collective pants.

ummm the morality of it alll went out of the proverbal fucking window a while back mate

actually ..the window got up...said "i quit" and threw morality out herself!
carpe` vaginum!

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2007, 05:56:24 AM »
Where are we going to get them?

Question is why didn't we have the troops needed in Iraq from the get go? Maybe if things were done right in April 2003 all this would be moot.
The House that Ruth built

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2007, 06:08:40 AM »
Question is why didn't we have the troops needed in Iraq from the get go? Maybe if things were done right in April 2003 all this would be moot.

Some believe that *IF* the purpose of the war was to put in an oil pipeline (which will take ten years), a quick victory would have been a very bad thing for US interested.

Those people believe resources were purposely lessened so we wouldn't win and then leave.

I don't know if it's true.  I do know that we defeated Japan, Ger, and Italy in less time, and we sure didn't have the technology we have now.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2007, 07:53:19 AM »

Yep.  Definitely a tactical error. 

Jeff Miller

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2007, 08:21:31 AM »

Um...because no one wanted to bring back the draft?
ChuckNorrisFearsMe

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2007, 09:45:20 AM »
Some believe that *IF* the purpose of the war was to put in an oil pipeline (which will take ten years), a quick victory would have been a very bad thing for US interested.

Those people believe resources were purposely lessened so we wouldn't win and then leave.

I don't know if it's true.  I do know that we defeated Japan, Ger, and Italy in less time, and we sure didn't have the technology we have now.

yes but you guys did not had to fight a Guerrilla war back than, plus we Germans had to defend ourself against let's see: England, Russia  :o :o America, France (what ever was left) and many other countries.
Think of it one country against some of the largest countries in the world... so I would not base your argument on the victory over Germany 1945.

in fact there are a lot of other holes in your Theory, for instance, back than you did not have to worry about casualties... civilian and soldiers, you did not had to deal with the media, it was on well known Terrain (not the desert or the jungle apart from the Japanese)

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2007, 11:01:39 AM »
look clowns, I have a feeling not none of you is or was in the military. But speaking from experience there are thousands of troops just sitting here daily that could be over there. It has nothing to do with the draft or lack of troops. The JCS (joint chiefs of staff) decided on troop numbers and in the beginning it was plenty (hence the quick march to baghdad) However in the last few years fighters moving in from nearby countries have changed things. This war changes daily and what works today won't work tomorrow. It isn't like past wars where we can say "the German army has 100,000 troops so we need that many ourselves" We have no idea how many we are fighting. We will win this war but we need more support from the public. You have no Idea how much you affect our morale.
gotta love life

Drij

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2007, 11:06:04 AM »
Iraqi's are happy more troops are coming they want American blood. Read somewhere some Iraqi general said this. They can't win

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2007, 11:08:41 AM »
Bush is getting ready to assemble an invasion force to attack Iran. What better way to attack then straight from a neighboring country?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2007, 11:10:00 AM »
look clowns, I have a feeling not none of you is or was in the military. But speaking from experience there are thousands of troops just sitting here daily that could be over there. It has nothing to do with the draft or lack of troops. The JCS (joint chiefs of staff) decided on troop numbers and in the beginning it was plenty (hence the quick march to baghdad) However in the last few years fighters moving in from nearby countries have changed things. This war changes daily and what works today won't work tomorrow. It isn't like past wars where we can say "the German army has 100,000 troops so we need that many ourselves" We have no idea how many we are fighting. We will win this war but we need more support from the public. You have no Idea how much you affect our morale.

I served.  I also live in a military community.  We certainly don't have thousands of troops sitting in Hawaii.  Most of the 25th ID is either in Iraq, Afghanistan, or getting ready to go.  Same with Marines here.  We are awfully thin.  I think this is true for much of our divisions on the mainland.  

But I agree that many folks don't really understand the negative impact their constant harping has on troop morale.  They have no clue.  Many of these idiots sit on their butts and make scandalous allegations about the government and military and seem to enjoy highlighting whatever bad news they can about our troops.  It's disgusting.  

That said, you have many supporters.  Two of my closets friends are on the ground in Iraq.  I have many other friends and acquaintances who are either there, or on their way.  I support you guys and gals 100 percent.  You're all heroes in my book.  

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2007, 12:00:23 PM »
That is much appreciated and I believe you are sincere, thank you. The point I was striving for, is if you look at sheer numbers the total force in Iraq is less than 20% of the total force (active duty, reserve and national guard). I wish everyone would show the support you do for us
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2007, 12:48:04 PM »
we all respect what you do and when you guys home.  problem is, we don't all approve of the decisions being made by Bush.

get home safe.  and don't focus upon words of people here.  you shouldn't need anything but your beliefs and your paycheck to motivate you to kick ass in the field. 

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2007, 07:57:26 PM »
we all respect what you do and when you guys home.  problem is, we don't all approve of the decisions being made by Bush.

get home safe.  and don't focus upon words of people here.  you shouldn't need anything but your beliefs and your paycheck to motivate you to kick ass in the field. 

420 I'll give you props for saying that and I appreciate it. You are correct, I don't need supportive words to motivate me however, everytime you bash Bush and republicans you make it harder for us to do our job. We aren't struggling over there because we don't have enough troops, hell when I was there we have plenty of people hanging out. Don't think everyone is outside the wire shooting al-queda members all day. It is very few of the actual number doing the real "war" stuff. Most of the people you see getting killed are in convoys, making supply runs. What I am trying to say is the struggles over there are brought on by the political correctness police here in the states. If we were "free" to do our job we could get this overwith. I don't agree with all that Bush has done but there has NEVER been a threat of this type that any politician has ever dealt with. Bush, the JCS, SECDEF etc... can't look back at the last time to see what worked cause there is no last time. It is trial by error and if you will just for a time, stop bashing Bush, try to see he is doing his best with the advice of high ranking officials and we will get this figured out eventually. We are America and we DO NOT quit.
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2007, 08:09:04 PM »
420 I'll give you props for saying that and I appreciate it. You are correct, I don't need supportive words to motivate me however, everytime you bash Bush and republicans you make it harder for us to do our job. We aren't struggling over there because we don't have enough troops, hell when I was there we have plenty of people hanging out. Don't think everyone is outside the wire shooting al-queda members all day. It is very few of the actual number doing the real "war" stuff. Most of the people you see getting killed are in convoys, making supply runs. What I am trying to say is the struggles over there are brought on by the political correctness police here in the states. If we were "free" to do our job we could get this overwith. I don't agree with all that Bush has done but there has NEVER been a threat of this type that any politician has ever dealt with. Bush, the JCS, SECDEF etc... can't look back at the last time to see what worked cause there is no last time. It is trial by error and if you will just for a time, stop bashing Bush, try to see he is doing his best with the advice of high ranking officials and we will get this figured out eventually. We are America and we DO NOT quit.

Dude, it's now estimated that 75% of the congress (half the repubs!) dont' even support bush anymore.

Over there - the reasons are good - you're making the country better.

Over here - the families of the dead are learning the real reasons the war started.  And they don't like it.