Author Topic: sean salisbury comment on NFL Live  (Read 3359 times)

Sir William Idol

• Getbig IV
  • you got a fight comin
sean salisbury comment on NFL Live
« on: January 24, 2007, 11:01:05 AM »
Sean Salisbury Might Have Said Something He Shouldn't Have
Posted Jan 23rd 2007 10:17PM by mjd
Filed under: NFL Media Watch

On Monday's edition of "NFL Live" on ESPN, analyst Sean Salisbury made what I hope was just a massively unfortunate slip of the tongue when talking about Peyton Manning's 2nd half performance against the Patriots. Here's what actually came out of Salisbury's mouth:

"I saw a calmness about him. We've always known he's a great player, but a calmness that said, 'You know what, no need to panic. We'll nip, we'll tuck, we'll go, we'll crunch, we'll Jew, we'll do it all.' And he nickeled and dimed 'em, and Peyton made the play when it mattered."

ESPN's official position is that Salisbury said "chew," but you can hear the audio here, via Pro Football Talk, and to me, that sounds more like a "J" sound than a "ch" sound.

I'm not entirely sure what it would mean to "Jew" your way down the field (of course, I don't know how you "chew" your way down the field, either), but I hope it's not some kind of NFL locker-room lingo that ties into a stereotype that might also have to do with "nickel and diming."

And it's also entirely possible that it was one of those things where you mean to say one thing, and another comes out, or you're thinking of two different words, and what actually comes out of your mouth is a hybrid of the two. People misspeak all the time, and Salisbury should probably get the benefit of the doubt and a chance to explain himself before he gets labeled an anti-Semite.

Either way, I think it's safe to assume that the cell phone pictures referenced here are of the circumcised variety.

Much respect to Deadspin, Randball, and Pro Football Talk for their work on the story today.
--------

hahahahha

btw this relates to bodybuilding because salisbury lost 35lbs on the nutrisystem diet while still eating "like a man"
its comin today

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
Re: sean salisbury comment on NFL Live
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 12:32:54 AM »
im sure he has his fill of tube steak

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 12:42:18 AM »
Oh please, whatever.  The whole word wants to police everybody's freaking words and life.  It is what it is.  I believe he probably meant chew at it piece by piece sort of, but if he didn't big deal.  Lots of people think jewish people are cheap....it may or may not be true, but that is thier right to have their own opinions.  Lots of people have stereo types about many races or religions..whether true or not, I don't get the "policing " others words.  I personally do NOT think he said "JeW" and believe him. 

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 12:43:46 AM »
Oh please, whatever.  The whole word wants to police everybody's freaking words and life.  It is what it is.  I believe he probably meant chew at it piece by piece sort of, but if he didn't big deal.  Lots of people think jewish people are cheap....it may or may not be true, but that is thier right to have their own opinions.  Lots of people think balck people commit crimes...whether true or not, I don't get the "policing " others words.  I personally do NOT think he said "JeW" and believe him. 
i dont care  what he siad i just think he brings teh gay

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2007, 12:45:58 AM »
i dont care  what he siad i just think he brings teh gay

I know what your saying, Rude boy. I actually changed my own words to "stereo types about many races and religions" just to be non combative or specific. 

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2007, 04:28:14 AM »
Who cares. I think he probably meant juke.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2007, 08:31:30 AM »
Sometimes you gotta be a jew with the football.  ;D

Sir William Idol

• Getbig IV
  • you got a fight comin
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2007, 08:49:21 AM »
Who cares. I think he probably meant juke.

yes thats what i heard as well
its comin today

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2007, 01:11:33 PM »

He's such a jock-rider, who cares WTF he says?

Sir William Idol

• Getbig IV
  • you got a fight comin
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2007, 02:52:44 PM »
obviously people care more about what he says that if michael irvin spouts of some blatantly racist hatespeak, because if he does it it was probably justified somehow.
its comin today

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2007, 08:20:54 PM »
obviously people care more about what he says that if michael irvin spouts of some blatantly racist hatespeak, because if he does it it was probably justified somehow.
irvin brings teh gay as well