Author Topic: Can you truly rehabilitate a criminal?  (Read 2491 times)

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
Can you truly rehabilitate a criminal?
« on: January 24, 2007, 12:29:13 PM »
I think the portion of the prison population that are drug lords, violent criminals, etc cannot be rehabbed.  Drug users, no problem but why the hell do rapists get out?  Child molesters?  Nope.  Keep em locked up.
Squishy face retard

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
Re: Can you truly rehabilitate a criminal?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 12:36:41 PM »
rapists..

child molesters

murderers

should all get the death penalty..1 strike and you r OUT!

and telivise em..so future murders and rapists think twice..
carpe` vaginum!

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 01:02:05 PM »
rapists..

child molesters

murderers

There are examples of all above that have been cleared by DNA testing, after doing several years in prison.

Meaning there are innocent people getting sentenced.

As long as the system isn't bullet-proof, and innocent are put away, death sentance isn't an option, sorry.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2007, 01:07:26 PM »
There are examples of all above that have been cleared by DNA testing, after doing several years in prison.

Meaning there are innocent people getting sentenced.

As long as the system isn't bullet-proof, and innocent are put away, death sentance isn't an option, sorry.

-Hedge

I'm unaware of any innocent person being executed in this country?  Could be wrong, but I haven't heard of any.

And I completely support one and done for pedophiles.  Everything I've heard and read says they pretty much cannot be rehabilitated.  I don't mind my tax dollars being used to build prisons to house pedophiles.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2007, 01:17:20 PM »
I'm unaware of any innocent person being executed in this country?  Could be wrong, but I haven't heard of any.

And I completely support one and done for pedophiles.  Everything I've heard and read says they pretty much cannot be rehabilitated.  I don't mind my tax dollars being used to build prisons to house pedophiles.

http://archives.cnn.com/2000/US/01/31/illinois.executions.02/

There was a moratorium in Illinois.

Innocent people have been aquitted due to DNA tests, after sitting in prisons for ages. Had they been on death row, they would've been dead.

Whether or not death penalty should be available is an open question, but it's not an issue until we can guarantee that it isn't used wrong.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2007, 01:33:02 PM »
http://archives.cnn.com/2000/US/01/31/illinois.executions.02/

There was a moratorium in Illinois.

Innocent people have been aquitted due to DNA tests, after sitting in prisons for ages. Had they been on death row, they would've been dead.

Whether or not death penalty should be available is an open question, but it's not an issue until we can guarantee that it isn't used wrong.

-Hedge

We've had many moratoriums.  There was a nationwide moratorium on the death penalty back in (I think) the 70s because of a U.S. Supreme Court decision.  Other states have at times temporarily halted the death penalty.  But there are no reports of an innocent person being executed.  I know some people have been on death row and later exonerated, but I don't think it's accurate to say we are executing innocent people. 

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2007, 02:42:29 PM »
We've had many moratoriums.  There was a nationwide moratorium on the death penalty back in (I think) the 70s because of a U.S. Supreme Court decision.  Other states have at times temporarily halted the death penalty.  But there are no reports of an innocent person being executed.  I know some people have been on death row and later exonerated, but I don't think it's accurate to say we are executing innocent people. 

The exonerations shows that innocent people have been on death row.

I respect anyone who believes that every person who was innocent has been "saved", exonerated.

I just believe it to be very unlikely, or rather, I don't believe it for a minute, but that's just me.

I base my beliefs on the fact that our justice system has flaws, and wrong sentencing are handed out every day, be it too long, too short or whatever.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2007, 03:02:19 PM »
The exonerations shows that innocent people have been on death row.

I respect anyone who believes that every person who was innocent has been "saved", exonerated.

I just believe it to be very unlikely, or rather, I don't believe it for a minute, but that's just me.

I base my beliefs on the fact that our justice system has flaws, and wrong sentencing are handed out every day, be it too long, too short or whatever.

-Hedge

I agree there are flaws in the system.  For example, the criminal and civil justice systems heavily favor people with money.  I don't think we will ever have a flawless system.   

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2007, 03:11:10 PM »
I agree there are flaws in the system.  For example, the criminal and civil justice systems heavily favor people with money.  I don't think we will ever have a flawless system.   
OJ and RObert Blake, great examples from both colors.  I know for a fact they were guilty.
Squishy face retard

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2007, 03:13:51 PM »
OJ and RObert Blake, great examples from both colors.  I know for a fact they were guilty.

I agree.  Great examples.  OJ the pauper would be on death row right now.

I think Blake was guilty too, but there were lots of holes in that case. 

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2007, 03:18:55 PM »
I think the portion of the prison population that are drug lords, violent criminals, etc cannot be rehabbed.  Drug users, no problem but why the hell do rapists get out?  Child molesters?  Nope.  Keep em locked up.

you can take the man outta the ghetto,, but you cant take the ghetto outta the man

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2007, 06:51:24 PM »

-Hedge

good point...    :(
carpe` vaginum!

muscleforlife

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2007, 07:34:30 PM »

And that is where my tax dollars go.

Drugs are a societal problem. Legalize and tax it like tobacco and alcohol.  Violent criminals.  Hang them like Sadaam.....done and over with.  No tax dollars to house and support them for years on end (BUT they must be found guilty without a SHADOW  OF DOUBT)
Child molesters.  I will gladly do the deed of punishment myself....
Same thing with lying politicians who flip flop(Repubs and dems)  A town square flogging and dismissal from office.
Sandra

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2007, 08:28:24 PM »
Without going into a huge debate, the only problem with legalizing drugs is that higher dosed and better quality drugs will not be sold, therefor the black market will still remain.

legalize marijuana, shrooms, ephedrine and not shit like heroin and cocaine. Marijuana is quality based and not dose based. Or we could adopt a back door policy similar to the Netherlands, where marijuana is illegal, but laws are relaxed and not enforced.

mightymouse72

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2007, 10:17:23 AM »
rapists..

child molesters

murderers

toxic for president!!

well, maybe attorney general
W

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2007, 10:37:56 AM »

toxic for president!!

well, maybe attorney general

thanx mang!

buut..i really dont want the job...
carpe` vaginum!