Author Topic: Joe Weiders Anabolic Mega Packs!  (Read 26903 times)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Re: Joe Weiders Anabolic Mega Packs!
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2007, 06:31:33 AM »
Good scans Sergio!

And the video with Haney kicks ass  8)
Z

Topskin69

• Getbig IV
  • Deshay with the gauge, Vanilla with the nine.
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2007, 09:01:39 AM »

A bit off topic...but does anyone remember HOT STUFF! That has to be one of the funniest supps in bodybuilding history...it claimed to have mega doses of over 100 popular bodybuilding compunds, along with some protein....but would never list the actual breakdown of what was in it....and in their ads they "insisted" that everything was dosed in an amount that would be effective...but again no hard #'s ....lol... Anyone from late 80s early 90s should remember what I am talking about...I will try to find some pics to put up...

M!

"When the populace becomes involved in thinking....All is lost!"
Voltaire

Buzz363

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2007, 09:24:09 AM »
Hot Stuff was represented by Steve Brisbois. I believe his in-laws owned the company, it was later replaced by " Super" Hot Stuff which I guess was similar to Hot Stuff only more "super".

I remember all that crap, I actually used Cybergenics....still have the workout video that came with it..... time to go to the box, and feel shame... :'(

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2007, 09:31:57 AM »
I can't vouch for those other supplements, but my bench improved by 52.7% after taking Ultimate Orange.

fearANDloathing

• Getbig III
  • Deep in The Plak Tow. Don't Fuck with me!
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2007, 09:37:26 AM »
I know ;D. I love Lee but every time I watch that video it makes me chuckle. "Bodybuilding is exercise & nutrition at it's best, which does not mean the use of anabolic steroids or any such chemicals, for me, Joe Weider's dynamic muscle builder, life essence & megabolic pack is number 1". Know that video word for word. What else could he say though ?. I've got a ton of mags from the 80's and I'm sure the Weider ad is among them, I'll get a scan tonight if I can find it.

SERGIO!!!!
Lee is and was a great guy but some of his quotes didn't make a whole lot of sense. I read an article where he was putting down the use of ephedra saying it was wrong to take ephedra capsules  because they were "false energy"
....but steroids are O.K   ??? WTF Lee?

getfast81

• Getbig III
  • Borat is for the weak................
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2007, 09:44:32 AM »
I have a box of the megapaks unopened.  Somewhere in a box of useless shit.  Buried under old Flex mags.
Truly STOP WHINING

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2007, 09:53:14 AM »
I have a box of the megapaks unopened.  Somewhere in a box of useless shit.  Buried under old Flex mags.

Auction that relic off on ebay, you'll become a milionaire!

Topskin69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2007, 09:53:38 AM »
Ahh...this brings back fond memories....lol...one of my favorite Supps back in the day was ICO PRO...nothing to do with the Sup itself...but the Ad's were awesome...you would see Lex Luger in the Gym...pumping out some cable crossovers...pausing...t hen yelling "ICO PRO...YOU GOT TO WANT IT!"

As for my most shamefull young bodybuilding moment...is when I was taken by Joe Weider's MEGA MASS 4000....at 14 years of age I figured if Lou Ferignio and Dennis Nueman took it...then surely I would get huge too!....lol... I almost miss the pre-creatine days...

On a side note....did anyone else find the entire Weight Gainer trend to be comical...it seemed that every week a different company would up the ante by releasing their version....with a bigger number of course....

The worst one I remember was one that Champion Nutrition put out....i think it was Heavyweight Gainer 9000...of course there was only like 4-5 servings in an entire tub of that shit...you praticly had to consume the entire f'n thing to hit those 9000 calories....

M!

"When the populace becomes involved in thinking...all is lost!"
Voltaire

Topskin69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2007, 10:02:37 AM »

Ahh,

Another thing that I think is worth mentioning...is how spoiled people are today...It seems like every other supplement review has something along the lines of "This worked ok, but tasted like gasoline", but if they only knew the suffering that some of us endured when consuming some of the old shit that was put out back in the day.... Seriously I remember one of the worst forms of torture my tastebuds were introduced to had to this super cheap Weider Protein powder. I didnt have much $$ as a kid, so I resorted to picking up this tub of Weider protein for around $12-13.... I think it was a mix of Soy protien and coco...well needless to say this vile conconction made Gakic taste like German Chocolate.... Still I choked it down...im glad I did...becuase I am now pretty much Supplement industructible....everyt hing tastes better then that did!

M!

"When the populace becomes involved in thinking...All is lost!"
Voltaire

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2007, 11:50:31 AM »
Did you ever try the liquid aminos? And, no, I dont mean the straight from tap one...

That shit was vile.

D_1000

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2007, 12:20:38 PM »
Damn, this shit brings back some memories. Hot Stuff indeed.  :)

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2007, 06:13:54 PM »
Sorry to say, I used them when I was 12 or 13.  I thought they worked, but now, I see how dumb I was.  Even then I would look at the ingrediants and think bullshit.  I think I might even have ripped them off back then from a GNC.  I feel better about takin it now.  At least I didn't buy them.
Most are all show no go!

Topskin69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2007, 06:15:24 PM »
"Did you ever try the liquid aminos? And, no, I dont mean the straight from tap one...
That shit was vile"

Now that you mention it...I do... My grandmother used to take that garbage when she would try and diet. Every blue moon or so, she decided that she needed to lose weight, so she would adopt a pure protien/fat diet. She would break out the liquid protein/aminos, steak, and she even made this bizzare pure fat ice cream...which has to be tasted to be believed...lol...  

Anyway I had forgotton about that stuff untill you brought it up, and yes it was the most disgusting tasting by far.... :P

M!

Topskin69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2007, 06:24:22 PM »

:-X

A quick google search....just to see that HOT STUFF is still around....alas some things never die...

http://www.nutritiongeeks.com/details.asp
ProductID=69&ProdgroupID=69&type=GAWS&adgroup=Hot+Stuff&kw=[Hot+Stuff]&gclid=CP7BhuWC_YkCFSJxYAod3T0YNg

M!

Tredders

• Getbig III
  • Surrounded By Fatties
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2007, 06:56:07 PM »
Lee is and was a great guy but some of his quotes didn't make a whole lot of sense. I read an article where he was putting down the use of ephedra saying it was wrong to take ephedra capsules  because they were "false energy"
....but steroids are O.K   ??? WTF Lee?

LOL.. comedy gold  ;D
$450 Jeans

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2007, 07:37:29 PM »
hot stuff tasted and mixed like liquid sand.

pac-man

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2007, 08:36:13 PM »
Anabolic mega packs- was that the same thing as the deca plex or where they two different supplements. 

This thread is a walk down supplement memory lane.  Hot stuff, Mega Mass 2000, Lee Haneys Mass Fuel, Cybergenics. Tried it all in high school.  And Ico-Pro wasn't that the WBF line?  The market sure has changed.

dylan_dent

• Getbig II
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2007, 08:51:13 PM »
Didnt the original Hot Stuff get pulled for containing Methandrostenolone (aka DBol)? Anyone hear that?

D

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2007, 01:44:27 AM »
Anybody read the hotstuff meltdown about a year ago? 

Here you go...   ::)

click to enlarge...

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2007, 01:51:03 AM »
Steroids caused his friends brain tumor ::) ahahhaahhahaahhahaahhaa ::)

dylan_dent

• Getbig II
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2007, 07:28:39 AM »
Ahhhhh, good ole BWRF...the good old days. Wish that stuff was still around! I put on 100lbs in 4 weeks with that stuff......all muscle too!

D

No it was pulled for containing blue whale rectal fibers laced with fiberglass.

Topskin69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2007, 09:00:35 AM »

Thats awesome...he actully has the odassady to say... "Hot Stuff...the only supplement product in history to rival Anabolic Steroids." ;D

Ico-Pro was indeed the WBF's line....come to think of it...I believe that the WBF was my first real intro to bodybuilding...outside of admring Arnold.... I would watch pro wrestling in those days, and at the time  Lex Luger and Gary Strydom would hype up Ico-Pro and the WBF during some of the segments/commercials on RAW...

M!

"I slept with faith and found a corpse upon awakning. I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning."
A-Crowley

WhiteHulk4

• Getbig III
« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2007, 11:34:40 AM »
Anybody read the hotstuff meltdown about a year ago? 

Here you go...   ::)

click to enlarge...

What's this from?

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2007, 11:45:20 AM »
I remember reading something about Rheo Blair and almost convincing myself I needed to drink my protein with heavy cream ROFL
$