Author Topic: Joe Weiders Anabolic Mega Packs!  (Read 26940 times)

Tredders

• Getbig III
  • Surrounded By Fatties
Joe Weiders Anabolic Mega Packs!
« on: January 24, 2007, 08:08:53 PM »
Ive seen alot of OG mags scanned lately here. Wondering if anyone remembers the old Joe Weider Anabolic Mega Packs that were around in the 80's and has a scan of it.

For those that dont know these were an assortment of vitamins and minerals etc which the Weider empire marketed as strong as steroids but without the harsh sides  ::)

It later got stripped off the shelf due to fraud claims.
$450 Jeans

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
Re: Joe Weiders Anabolic Mega Packs!
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 08:17:50 PM »

Those things sold like crazy for a while. Expensive for supps, even back then. I remember the FDA or some consumer group called BS on the claims & ingredients. It was  a Weider product, so we knew it was bogus. ;D
a

Tredders

• Getbig III
  • Surrounded By Fatties
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 08:20:30 PM »
Those things sold like crazy for a while. Expensive for supps, even back then. I remember the FDA or some consumer group called BS on the claims & ingredients. It was  a Weider product, so we knew it was bogus. ;D

Thanks for your input bro. Yeah ive heard that each capsule was a different color and it was set up where you take 6 a day or so. Red , Yellow, White etc.... Id say White (Zinc etc) and so on.

Can anyone confirm what they did contain or if you ever used them ?

$450 Jeans

BBFan

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2007, 08:30:27 PM »
I used them back home in 92-94 and if i recall correct there was 68 ingredients or so.There was even article on Silvester Stallone where he was saying that he is using some kind of wonder supplement which will help him be healthy and live for so long so we all took the bait and started  looking for the magic packs when all the steroids were free/and they still are/ in the pharmacy.Anyway big time bestseller in all of the former east Europe along with all other products from the VICTORY series all endorsed by the Weider champions at the time.

Tredders

• Getbig III
  • Surrounded By Fatties
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2007, 08:35:33 PM »
I used them back home in 92-94 and if i recall correct there was 68 ingredients or so.There was even article on Silvester Stallone where he was saying that he is using some kind of wonder supplement which will help him be healthy and live for so long so we all took the bait and started  looking for the magic packs when all the steroids were free/and they still are/ in the pharmacy.Anyway big time bestseller in all of the former east Europe along with all other products from the VICTORY series all endorsed by the Weider champions at the time.

Thanks bro that makes alot of sense. An old article of stallone said one time that he was using an amino acid 15 times stronger than a normal amino acid supp, almost as strong as steroids  ::) Thats obviously what he was referring too.

Keep the info coming guys, many thanks
$450 Jeans

AVBG

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2007, 08:37:33 PM »
I got Lee Haney's VHS and he said that his body was built on Joe Weiders life essence amino acids.. not steyyrooids  ;D

Tredders

• Getbig III
  • Surrounded By Fatties
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2007, 08:43:00 PM »
I got Lee Haney's VHS and he said that his body was built on Joe Weiders life essence amino acids.. not steyyrooids  ;D

LOL thats classic. Whats the title of that vid, its not the Lee Haney Mr Olympia workout video is it?
$450 Jeans

AVBG

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2007, 08:46:26 PM »
LOL thats classic. Whats the title of that vid, its not the Lee Haney Mr Olympia workout video is it?

It is!

Sergio Rules 77

• Getbig III
  • Sergio can split the atom. With his bare hands.
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2007, 08:49:23 PM »

I know ;D. I love Lee but every time I watch that video it makes me chuckle. "Bodybuilding is exercise & nutrition at it's best, which does not mean the use of anabolic steroids or any such chemicals, for me, Joe Weider's dynamic muscle builder, life essence & megabolic pack is number 1". Know that video word for word. What else could he say though ?. I've got a ton of mags from the 80's and I'm sure the Weider ad is among them, I'll get a scan tonight if I can find it.

SERGIO!!!!
Ugh, my retirement grease

Tredders

• Getbig III
  • Surrounded By Fatties
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2007, 08:50:28 PM »
It is!

Oh ok lol .. been quite a long time since i sat down and watched that vid. I remember him saying though ""this is one of my secrets, maybe i shouldnt of told you about that""" as he tries to peddle the mouthspray lol

$450 Jeans

Tredders

• Getbig III
  • Surrounded By Fatties
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2007, 08:52:32 PM »
I've got a ton of mags from the 80's and I'm sure the Weider ad is among them, I'll get a scan tonight if I can find it.

SERGIO!!!!

Thanks man. If theres a list of mega pack ingredients that would be great also ... and very comical  ;D
$450 Jeans

Sergio Rules 77

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2007, 08:53:14 PM »
Oh ok lol .. been quite a long time since i sat down and watched that vid. I remember him saying though ""this is one of my secrets, maybe i shouldnt of told you about that""" as he tries to peddle the mouthspray lol

Yeah, he says that's his new herbal extract. More like liquefied decca ;D. Nah, Lee's the man.

SERGIO!!!!

AVBG

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2007, 08:53:23 PM »
I know ;D. I love Lee but every time I watch that video it makes me chuckle. "Bodybuilding is exercise & nutrition at it's best, which does not mean the use of anabolic steroids or any such chemicals, for me, Joe Weider's dynamic muscle builder, life essence & megabolic pack is number 1". Know that video word for word. What else could he say though ?. I've got a ton of mags from the 80's and I'm sure the Weider ad is among them, I'll get a scan tonight if I can find it.

SERGIO!!!!

Besides that its a cool vid. Haney was a top notch Mr O!

Tredders

• Getbig III
  • Surrounded By Fatties
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2007, 08:58:35 PM »
I knew it was called Anabolic mega pack but after you guys listing the life essence and dynamic muscle builder i searched it and came across this.

http://www.ftc.gov/opa/predawn/F85/weider2.htm - the lawsuit

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0KFY/is_10_20/ai_98488593 - dynamic muscle builder.

Its basically states whats in the muscle builder.... havent come across the list of ingredients in the mega pack yet though. Very interesting read
$450 Jeans

Sergio Rules 77

• Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2007, 09:02:57 PM »
Besides that its a cool vid. Haney was a top notch Mr O!

It's an awesome video but because of its age, it seems to have gotten lost among the endless stream of current pro videos. Along with Blood & Guts & Unbelievable, it's still my favourite training video.

SERGIO!!!!

AVBG

« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2007, 09:08:36 PM »
It's an awesome video but because of its age, it seems to have gotten lost among the endless stream of current pro videos. Along with Blood & Guts & Unbelievable, it's still my favourite training video.

SERGIO!!!!

good call bro.

Sir Bigness

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Get busy Living, or get busy Dying!!
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2007, 09:35:40 PM »
Weider got us all!!! :'(

TestDummy

• Getbig IV
  • 5%
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2007, 01:37:39 AM »
I remember the gay coloring on the label.....reminds me of Mork and Mindy for some reason.....I don't know why....

Sergio Rules 77

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2007, 01:44:31 AM »
Ive seen alot of OG mags scanned lately here. Wondering if anyone remembers the old Joe Weider Anabolic Mega Packs that were around in the 80's and has a scan of it.

For those that dont know these were an assortment of vitamins and minerals etc which the Weider empire marketed as strong as steroids but without the harsh sides  ::)

It later got stripped off the shelf due to fraud claims.

I've had a quick look through most of my Flex mags and surprisingly, there were very few ads for the Anabolic Mega Packs. There were heaps for Dynamic Muscle Builder, Life Essence, etc. I found three things that were worth scanning, including a hilarious editorial from Uncle Joe, try reading this with a straight face.

SERGIO!!!!

Sergio Rules 77

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2007, 01:51:12 AM »
Another scan....

Sergio Rules 77

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2007, 01:53:42 AM »
Last scan....

Tredders

• Getbig III
  • Surrounded By Fatties
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2007, 01:55:20 AM »
Thanks alot bro, reading them now
$450 Jeans

UK Gold

• Getbig IV
  • Riding on the Getbig wind
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2007, 04:37:50 AM »
Can anyone enlarge that steroid editorial please?

Sergio Rules 77

• Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2007, 04:40:32 AM »
Can anyone enlarge that steroid editorial please?

Just save it to your hardrive and it will be much bigger when you open the file.

SERGIO!!!!

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2007, 04:44:49 AM »
Those anabolic megapaks were 50% more effective than aas, no wonder they're no longer available!

Thats even stronger than Celltech.