Author Topic: Suppose everyone stopped the neocon/liberal hate...  (Read 1909 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Suppose everyone stopped the neocon/liberal hate...
« on: January 25, 2007, 07:42:21 AM »
Imagine if we all stopped labeling the other side as "damn liberals" or "crazy neocons".

What would happen?

Maybe we would realize that BOTH sides are corrupt, selfish, and abusing power, and we would demand candidates without these terrible traits.  We tend to overlook the flaws of our own party reps, as "at least they're not as bad as..."

My guess is that we're trained to hate the opposition party and focus our disdain there.  FOX and MSNBC do nothing but point out the flows of ONE side.  We never step back and look at the bigger picture - NEITHER party is doing the right thing today.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
Re: Suppose everyone stopped the neocon/liberal hate...
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 07:50:08 AM »
Imagine if we all stopped labeling the other side as "damn liberals" or "crazy neocons".

My guess is that we're trained to hate the opposition party and focus our disdain there.  FOX and MSNBC do nothing but point out the flows of ONE side.  We never step back and look at the bigger picture - NEITHER party is doing the right thing today.

I agree with you. We have stop turning every debate into a liberal v conservative issue because in actuality it's so much more complex than differences in just political view points. Though there's a sizeable percent of people who don't look at everything as dem v repub, it's just not enough to counter the people who do because they're the majority.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 09:37:16 AM »
I agree.

It's funny to me when people attatch themselves to a political party and make decision based on what that party is about rather than using their heads.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 11:00:32 AM »
I agree.

It's funny to me when people attatch themselves to a political party and make decision based on what that party is about rather than using their heads.

So, what, is Beach Bum funny to you?  Does he make you laugh?

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2007, 11:39:31 AM »

I'll make a deal, if liberals stop pushing for gay marriage, abortion, stem cell research and outlawing spanking I'll stop bad mouthing them. But those are issues that will be the downfall of America. I am a middle of the road conservative and I think republicans have done a bad job on border and some other things but I believe Dems will ruin the morality of the country
gotta love life

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2007, 11:46:09 AM »

To me, the spectrum goes like this   Liberal-democrat-moderate-conservative-neo-con

So liberal and neo-con in my view are extremes and people who i identify as liberal and neo-con tend to be very bias when it comes to issues.

So that brings us to BB.  When the wire tapping issues came up, many of the drones immediatly defended the position of being able to wiretapp with out a judge.  BB was very much against it.  He was firm on judge invovlement. 

So in my book that makes him a conservative...........  not a neo-con.

Also in my many debates with him, he will conceed a point of it's plainly debunked otherwise he will stick to his guns.   A neo-con wakc job, wouldn't do that.

What you get frustrated with is that BB, doesn't respond well to your persuasive statemnts/questions and your passionate rethoric.  If you want to have a debate with BB, you can't go that route.   240 you are a very zealous debater that sometimes starts ad-hom-ing indirectly when you get frustrated, not everyone responds to that the way you'd like them to.

I will say your arguements with BB are funny to read.   ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2007, 11:55:56 AM »
I am a middle of the road conservative

This morning you said you would love to invade Iran.

This statement is representative of the neoconservative, far right.  Not middle-of-road.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2007, 12:07:33 PM »

To me, the spectrum goes like this   Liberal-democrat-moderate-conservative-neo-con

So liberal and neo-con in my view are extremes and people who i identify as liberal and neo-con tend to be very bias when it comes to issues.

So that brings us to BB.  When the wire tapping issues came up, many of the drones immediatly defended the position of being able to wiretapp with out a judge.  BB was very much against it.  He was firm on judge invovlement. 

So in my book that makes him a conservative...........  not a neo-con.

Also in my many debates with him, he will conceed a point of it's plainly debunked otherwise he will stick to his guns.   A neo-con wakc job, wouldn't do that.

What you get frustrated with is that BB, doesn't respond well to your persuasive statemnts/questions and your passionate rethoric.  If you want to have a debate with BB, you can't go that route.   240 you are a very zealous debater that sometimes starts ad-hom-ing indirectly when you get frustrated, not everyone responds to that the way you'd like them to.

I will say your arguements with BB are funny to read.   ;D

Dang man.  You pretty much read me like a book.   :)

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2007, 12:13:45 PM »
This morning you said you would love to invade Iran.

This statement is representative of the neoconservative, far right.  Not middle-of-road.

Wanting to overthrow presidents that support terrorism make me a neo-con?
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2007, 02:10:56 PM »
Wanting to overthrow presidents that support terrorism make me a neo-con?

pre-emptive attacks, elective wars, and entering a 3rd when we're stalemating the first two - those things are neo-con beliefs. 

You might be a neocon or you might be a big purple dinosaur.  I dont' want to label you.  But your beliefs are very consistent with the neoconservative wing of the Repub party - not the moderate 'middle of the road" types you mentioned.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2007, 08:42:50 PM »
Why do u lable every conservative on here a NEO. I'm not a neo..I'm pretty far right except for environmental stuff. Look up the definition..i know u have. I won't say Bersek is a easily defined liberal..he has guns. I'm not sure about u either.
L