Author Topic: Prehistoric Shark filmed  (Read 2359 times)

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
carpe` vaginum!

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
Re: Prehistoric Shark filmed
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 09:51:04 AM »
Its a bit of a freaky looking thing.

As usual though, they find it, drag it into a marine park and then wonder why it dies.  The thing lives at the bottom of the sea in the dark, I don't think it'll do too well in a 10 foot swimming pool being stared at all day.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 09:54:56 AM »

As usual though, they find it, drag it into a marine park and then wonder why it dies.  The thing lives at the bottom of the sea in the dark, I don't think it'll do too well in a 10 foot swimming pool being stared at all day.

lol true mate..

..however this just goes to show..we know less about the bottom of our oceans then we do about the moon..
carpe` vaginum!

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 10:01:52 AM »
I finished reading a book on the Oceans just before Xmas, and it's ridiculous how much we don't know.  Also, it's quite scary how much damage we have caused and continue to cause through shipping and fishing.  Things we take for granted like tuna and cod are being fished to extinction.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2007, 10:13:36 AM »
http://ebaumsworld.com/2007/01/prehistoric-shark.html

Wow that is freaky! People could definitely mistake it for a sea serpent of sorts!
just push some weight!

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2007, 10:44:53 AM »

Yeah.. They should have taken it out back to the open sea.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2007, 11:06:19 AM »
It's body looks that of an eel. Is it strictly a shark or does it belong to some other family?

Diesel1

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2007, 11:09:06 AM »
It's body looks that of an eel. Is it strictly a shark or does it belong to some other family?

yeah it's me dad

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2007, 11:22:24 AM »
carpe` vaginum!

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2007, 11:25:02 AM »
It's a shark, from the Chlamydoselachidae family:

Frilled sharks - Usually bottom dwellers with slender eel-like bodies reaching a maximum length of around 2 metres.

I reckon sharks are natures perfect predator.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2007, 11:42:32 AM »
Imagine seeing that while scuba diving!  Scary!

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2007, 12:06:14 PM »

nope..man is..
carpe` vaginum!

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2007, 12:07:12 PM »
It's a shark, from the Chlamydoselachidae family:

Frilled sharks - Usually bottom dwellers with slender eel-like bodies reaching a maximum length of around 2 metres.

They're at the top of the food chain and haven't evolved much in millions of years. I'd say they were.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2007, 12:31:39 PM »
Wow that is freaky! People could definitely mistake it for a sea serpent of sorts!

Back in 1984, a Japanese fishing boat pulled what looked like a decaying carcass, it had a long neckand 4 flippers. It was speculated that it was a Sperm whale and that the jaw fell off the decaying body. After analysis of its skin, it it was found out that it more in common with reptiles than mammals.

Could have been a plesasaur

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2007, 12:36:44 PM »

Could have been a plesasaur

thats what they say about the lochness monster!
carpe` vaginum!

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2007, 03:30:44 PM »
thats what they say about the lochness monster!

Nessy, Chessy (Chesapeake Bay Monster), the "monster" in one of the Great lakes are all believe to be pleasaurs. Which, if one thinks about it, could very well still exist.

Supposedly the asteroid that hit the Earth created a huge dust field that made it too cold for dinosausrs to exist. If they were cold-blooded. But snakes, turtles, crocodilians all survived. So why not smaller boided saurapods and therapods? Especially ones that exist in the water. Evidence is that if the reptilians of today survived, then there could be other species that have survived.

All that is needed is determination, deep pockets and technology. One could use satellites to track large bodies organisms in these waters--and especially in fresh water areas, where large bodied animals are rare. Zoom in on those, go out with boats and capture it.

One could capture big foot by using infrared or using body heat sensors. If all humans are out of the zones being looked at, then 7-9 tall upright body heat image would stand out. Tranq the thing capture it. There you have Big Foot.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2007, 04:06:44 PM »
Nessy, Chessy (Chesapeake Bay Monster),

wait..there is a chessy!

now i'm gonna go on a video hunt for it
carpe` vaginum!

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2007, 04:10:05 PM »
carpe` vaginum!

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2007, 04:13:31 PM »
wait..there is a chessy!

now i'm gonna go on a video hunt for it
Yep, there is "supposedly" a Chessy. Being that the Chesapeake Bay's waters are not that cold (not warm enogh for a Pirahna to live in), and that Bay is not that deep, but has lots of nooks and crannies, it's perfect for Chessy. There have been sightings

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2007, 04:16:23 PM »
Yep, there is "supposedly" a Chessy. Being that the Chesapeake Bay's waters are not that cold (not warm enogh for a Pirahna to live in), and that Bay is not that deep, but has lots of nooks and crannies, it's perfect for Chessy. There have been sightings

fixed it.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2007, 04:45:33 PM »

u just gave me a new hobby!  8)
carpe` vaginum!

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2007, 05:06:29 PM »
I've not heard of a 'Chessy' but I've seen several documentary's looking for 'Nessie'. 

The conclusion is nearly always that there is nothing there.  The old photo's that claimed to show the monster were proven to be fakes (one of them was a 6 inch doll floating in the shallows!) and they scanned the loch up and down using a radar 'net' and still found nothing conclusive.  There's always a possibility with the depth of Loch Ness and the number of underwater caves, but I'm not too sure it exists.

There used to be a theory that a creature had swam up the Caledonian Canal from the sea, been spotted and then gone back again.  I don't know what came of that.

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2007, 05:17:41 PM »
that thing looked weird as hell

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2007, 05:44:32 PM »
I've not heard of a 'Chessy' but I've seen several documentary's looking for 'Nessie'. 

The conclusion is nearly always that there is nothing there.  The old photo's that claimed to show the monster were proven to be fakes (one of them was a 6 inch doll floating in the shallows!) and they scanned the loch up and down using a radar 'net' and still found nothing conclusive.  There's always a possibility with the depth of Loch Ness and the number of underwater caves, but I'm not too sure it exists.

There used to be a theory that a creature had swam up the Caledonian Canal from the sea, been spotted and then gone back again.  I don't know what came of that.

What about the pic of the "flipper" taken by a submarine. The lake is 3 miles long and i believe 1 mile wide. A lot to scan, they just need to use a satellite during the night and scan for large bodies moving in the water. Furthermore, where did the stories of the pleasaur come from? Something is in that lake. Money, time, determination, and technology is what is needed to find out.

u just gave me a new hobby!  8)

I've always been interested in this stuff since I had Childcraft books way, back in elementary school, plus I wanted to be either a zoologist of a paleontologist

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2007, 06:50:15 PM »

plesiosaurs . . . post a link to the japanese sighting, please.

every large lake has its "monster" . . . look up lake champlain.