Author Topic: This is what is going to happen in Iraq  (Read 1816 times)

Stark

• Getbig V
This is what is going to happen in Iraq
« on: January 25, 2007, 11:28:10 AM »
America and the rest of the Coalition forces will pull out .... it has happend before :) Remember Saigon? Well this one is not much different.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
Re: This is what is going to happen in Iraq
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 11:29:41 AM »
America and the rest of the Coalition forces will pull out .... it has happend before :) Remember Saigon? Well this one is not much different.

Exactly because just like in Nam, the dems gained control and pussied out
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 11:29:54 AM »
I disagree.  We will pull out of the cities and remain on the borders and pipeline.

Americans will be okay with 3 deaths a month instead of each day.  

And you already know our opinion of what the rest of the world thinks...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 11:30:46 AM »

because mm69 would have prefered we STILL be in vietnam.
He doesn't know how to cut a sinker.  He'd prefer it pull down the whole boat.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2007, 11:31:35 AM »

True, true.  Is it deja vu? 

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2007, 11:35:55 AM »

I would love to go to one of the Vietnam dead and ask them if they think the Dems "pussied" out ::) I think all them dieing over there have most likely seen how pointless it is to die while securing old white mans properties.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2007, 11:47:45 AM »
couple things, first I agree with 240's idea of pulling out of the city, but what do we care what the rest of the world thinks. Second, as bad as it sounds 3,000 deats in 5 years isn't bad, we lost that many an hour in WWII, but America was unitd and supportive. Believe me I'm not some gun toting rambo type. I'm a heavy equipment operator. As far as Vietnam vets, I do feel different for them. Not all of them had a choice. Today we all choose to fight for our country. I am willing to bet that a majority of the ones that lost their life are proud they did.
gotta love life

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2007, 12:32:51 PM »
couple things, first I agree with 240's idea of pulling out of the city, but what do we care what the rest of the world thinks. Second, as bad as it sounds 3,000 deats in 5 years isn't bad, we lost that many an hour in WWII, but America was unitd and supportive. Believe me I'm not some gun toting rambo type. I'm a heavy equipment operator. As far as Vietnam vets, I do feel different for them. Not all of them had a choice. Today we all choose to fight for our country. I am willing to bet that a majority of the ones that lost their life are proud they did.

No they are not and I bet my own life on this: If you could take one of these Guys and Girls back from were ever they are (or not are), and ask them if it was worth it... worth to die young... not even having the chance to experience "real" love marriage kids buying a house AND experience the pleasure of getting old (getting older is not all about cancer sickness and so forth) I'll bet you they would gladly change history and live their rest of the life's in Canada. (I'm talking about the once who obviously are young enough to fill that criteria)

There is a massive difference between being unfortunate enough to get hit by a bus by the age of 20 and never experience the things I have mentioned above and somebody who obviously choose to serve but still has been place in an unnatural government created situation to die in the dirt wondering what the hell has hit him and why he cannot feel his legs anymore while he tries desperately to stay awake.
I have served to (not in the US army) and I have seen "combat" in the Balkans (I still don't call it combat and more us playing referee in a game of kill or be killed) I have talked to Soldiers of "our" side and of the other side who were on the brink of death, and all of them said it's not fucking worth it, you just simply know that when it is time to go and than it is unfortunately to late.

My Grandad who fought German side in WW2 told me once a story (the older I got the more the stories became real and serious, when we were small he would only tell us funny stories, later his when we were old enough he told us what it really was back in the days)
He told me that they got bombed by the US Airplanes and when it was over he notice between all the chaos one guy he briefly talked to past days, he was lying on the floor holding his guts, my granddad walked over kneed down and talked to the man, and the following was happening:
(He swear this is true) a short time before the guy died he was kind real still like he was thinking than he looked at my granddad laughed and looked at him and said that the answer was so simple, than he died.
Scary shit.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2007, 08:37:41 PM »
Look Stark... i am assuming u have never served. These guys died not so much for America as for their buddies. Everybody knows the risks....I've done it for 14 years. You don't understand these kids....thats difference between us.
L

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2007, 09:14:26 PM »
You can add 21000 troops like bush is, but unless he changes the rules of engagement nothing will be achieved.  Let our military unleash all its potential. Drop fliers on trouble spots letting them know that the area will soon be bombed. Let them stay in temporary camps if they give up their guns and are legitimate Iraqi's and not foreign islamist fighters..the ones that stay will be the fanatics and let them end up getting bombed the hell out of.  Then our troops can go in and mop up.
Valhalla awaits.

Thunderfck1

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2007, 09:52:55 PM »
No they are not and I bet my own life on this: If you could take one of these Guys and Girls back from were ever they are (or not are), and ask them if it was worth it... worth to die young... not even having the chance to experience "real" love marriage kids buying a house AND experience the pleasure of getting old (getting older is not all about cancer sickness and so forth) I'll bet you they would gladly change history and live their rest of the life's in Canada. (I'm talking about the once who obviously are young enough to fill that criteria)

There is a massive difference between being unfortunate enough to get hit by a bus by the age of 20 and never experience the things I have mentioned above and somebody who obviously choose to serve but still has been place in an unnatural government created situation to die in the dirt wondering what the hell has hit him and why he cannot feel his legs anymore while he tries desperately to stay awake.
I have served to (not in the US army) and I have seen "combat" in the Balkans (I still don't call it combat and more us playing referee in a game of kill or be killed) I have talked to Soldiers of "our" side and of the other side who were on the brink of death, and all of them said it's not fucking worth it, you just simply know that when it is time to go and than it is unfortunately to late.

My Grandad who fought German side in WW2 told me once a story (the older I got the more the stories became real and serious, when we were small he would only tell us funny stories, later his when we were old enough he told us what it really was back in the days)
He told me that they got bombed by the US Airplanes and when it was over he notice between all the chaos one guy he briefly talked to past days, he was lying on the floor holding his guts, my granddad walked over kneed down and talked to the man, and the following was happening:
(He swear this is true) a short time before the guy died he was kind real still like he was thinking than he looked at my granddad laughed and looked at him and said that the answer was so simple, than he died.
Scary shit.

A friend of mine just got out of the Marines and has been to Iraq twice.  He has a usmc tattoo on his arm and one day he was talking about how when they were in Iraq they would joke about how it stood for "you signed the motherfucking contract."  Of course these people don't want to die young, but its not like there is a draft anymore...they enlisted in the military in a time of war. Its a terrible thing to think about, but when they signed up they knew there was a chance they might die.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2007, 03:22:47 AM »
Look Stark... i am assuming u have never served. These guys died not so much for America as for their buddies. Everybody knows the risks....I've done it for 14 years. You don't understand these kids....thats difference between us.

You did not read my post, I did served but not in the US army, and I choose to.

If you could look into the future and tell some of the guys before they sign the contract that they will be killed in action, would they sign it?
Everybody always assumes it does not happen to them, and when it's time to go well it's to late.
And of course I understand the reason these kids sign, I did it for the mostly same reasons back.