Author Topic: Phoenix Suns  (Read 8320 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Phoenix Suns
« on: January 25, 2007, 04:06:53 PM »
Do they ever lose?  Sheesh.  Second 15-game winning streak of the season.  They're unconscious. 

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Re: Phoenix Suns
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 04:30:59 PM »
This is the first time I'm honestly looking forward to the playoffs. The Western Conference is going to be insane.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 05:04:44 PM »
Yep.  Dallas and Phoenix are on fire, but the Spurs, Lakers, Jazz, and Rockets will all contend. 

The East absolutely stinks. 

canadian_husker

• Getbig III
  • From the outside looking in you cant understand it
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 09:26:56 PM »
Steve Nash is frickin' awesome. But up here we've known that since he took down might Arizona in the NCAA's.

I love watching the Suns play.

The east is so bad. I hope the Raptors win their division with a losing record. that would be sweet
Go Big Red!!!

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2007, 09:30:06 PM »
the west will be insane i think the suns are going all the way to the finals this  year and i would have to say its either clevland,detriot,or washington coming out of teh east

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2007, 08:57:56 AM »
Just saw the Suns play live for the first time against the Wizards on Tuesday night. I believe I was looking at this years NBA champs. Nash is the fucking truth! Too bad they won't give the MVP award to a white guy three years in a row because of politics.

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2007, 09:01:16 AM »
Now if only the Cardinals could play, they people of AZ would have better sports.
Squishy face retard

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2007, 09:37:33 AM »
I'm a Lakers fan, so I'm biased.  But before Phoenix starts making arrangements for its championship parade, I question several factors: (1) whether this team has peaked at the wrong time of the year; (2) the injury factor; they also seem to be blessed so far this year re: injuries which seems unlikely to hold; (3) the slow down effect of the playoffs;  the game slows down generally; the "run and gun teams" don't often make it (think of the Dallas team with Nash and Nowitski several years back that couldn't break through).

Then again, I'm a Lakers fan . . .

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2007, 09:45:14 AM »
I'm a Lakers fan, so I'm biased.  But before Phoenix starts making arrangements for its championship parade, I question several factors: (1) whether this team has peaked at the wrong time of the year; (2) the injury factor; they also seem to be blessed so far this year re: injuries which seems unlikely to hold; (3) the slow down effect of the playoffs;  the game slows down generally; the "run and gun teams" don't often make it (think of the Dallas team with Nash and Nowitski several years back that couldn't break through).

I'm a Lakers fan too.  Since the days of Jamal "Silk" Wilkes, Norm Nixon, and Bob McAdoo.   :)  Good points about the Suns, but barring injury they are just out of their minds good.  They aren't just winning.  They are blowing people off the court.  They dropped over 40 points on someone last week in the first quarter.  Insane. 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2007, 10:30:03 AM »
I'm a Lakers fan too.  Since the days of Jamal "Silk" Wilkes, Norm Nixon, and Bob McAdoo.   :)  Good points about the Suns, but barring injury they are just out of their minds good.  They aren't just winning.  They are blowing people off the court.  They dropped over 40 points on someone last week in the first quarter.  Insane. 

The Wizards game on Tuesday night. The scored 71 first half points and were 11-13 from three point range also. All in the first half.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2007, 10:32:45 AM »
The Wizards game on Tuesday night. The scored 71 first half points and were 11-13 from three point range also. All in the first half.

That's crazy.    :o

Faust

• Getbig IV
  • It's a league game, Smokey
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2007, 10:49:14 AM »
With amare they seem hard to beat. Without him i don't see them becoming champions.
$

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2007, 02:09:43 PM »
Another mvp award for Steve Nash!

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2007, 02:30:01 PM »
Another mvp award for Steve Nash!

And with a whole 1/2 season to go .. . . amazing.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2007, 02:45:25 PM »
lol give me a break, what a bunch of NBA noobs, the Suns are the annual Regular Season champs. ::)
all offense and wet paper bag defense ALWAYS gets beat down in the playoffs.

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2007, 02:47:04 PM »
lol give me a break, what a bunch of NBA noobs, the Suns are the annual Regular Season champs. ::)

Finally, some balance . . .

canadian_husker

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2007, 07:15:30 PM »

thanks charles barkley. don't you have to go get ready for your TNT segment  ::)
Go Big Red!!!

canadian_husker

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2007, 07:20:33 PM »

right now the suns are just rolling teams, but in the playoffs it could easily be a different story. coaches can afford to develop schemes to try and shut the offence down in the playoffs where as in the regular season the coaching staff has to worry about the next opponent.
i believe it was last season in the playoffs one of the teams forced nash to shoot the ball. he scored 50, but the suns lost.
hopefully amare doesn't break down. i don't know if he'll ever get back the explosiveness he had before he hurt his knee, but they still need that inside presence or else they have to rely on jumpshots too much.
Go Big Red!!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2007, 11:51:53 AM »
Phil Jackson on the Suns:

OK, now that Lamar Odom is back, the Lakers are ready to challenge for … second place?

The Lakers led the Pacific Division, half a game ahead of the Phoenix Suns on Dec. 12 when Odom was hurt. The Lakers then went a surprising 12-9 without Odom, but the Suns went an even more surprising 20-2 to go seven games up.

"With the momentum they've created this year, it's really hard to see that waning or ebbing," Coach Phil Jackson said of the Suns before Friday's game.

"They've done the right things. They've created the right situation. Both they and Dallas are a level above the rest of the league right now."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-lakerep27jan27,1,6383759.column?coll=la-headlines-sports-nba-lakers

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2007, 07:16:00 PM »
Finally, some balance . . .

They got Amare Stoudamire back this season and that gives them a good shot at beating Dallas and San Antonio. Not saying it'll definitely happen though, but they have that window of opportunity that that Kings had a few years back.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2007, 07:24:23 PM »
Do they ever lose?  Sheesh.  Second 15-game winning streak of the season.  They're unconscious. 

They have a long way to get to 33.
The House that Ruth built

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2007, 07:26:18 PM »

In the playoffs the defense tightens up and it becomes a half court game. Things change dramatically.
The House that Ruth built

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2007, 08:00:30 PM »
In the playoffs the defense tightens up and it becomes a half court game. Things change dramatically.
exactly, how quicky people forget, remember last year the Pistons were like 40-6 halfway through the season, finished with 64 wins, everyone saying they were unbeatable/comparing to the all time great teams ect ect...and they got whooped in the second round.

2 years ago teh SUNS had the best record in the NBA, hyped up to no end, all the talk was about their 'high octane offense ::)' then what happened, they met the spurs in the 2nd round and we fucking beat them at their own game-thats right, the spurs offense beat their own, and of course their total lack of defense got them damn enar swept by the spurs, spurs took it in 4-1 hahahahaha.

now here we go again, the suns and their 'high octane offense'  ::) again being hyped to no end.

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2007, 08:24:05 PM »
exactly, how quicky people forget, remember last year the Pistons were like 40-6 halfway through the season, finished with 64 wins, everyone saying they were unbeatable/comparing to the all time great teams ect ect...and they got whooped in the second round.

2 years ago teh SUNS had the best record in the NBA, hyped up to no end, all the talk was about their 'high octane offense ::)' then what happened, they met the spurs in the 2nd round and we fucking beat them at their own game-thats right, the spurs offense beat their own, and of course their total lack of defense got them damn enar swept by the spurs, spurs took it in 4-1 hahahahaha.

now here we go again, the suns and their 'high octane offense'  ::) again being hyped to no end.
to not say that the suns have the best chance to win it is foolish

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2007, 08:40:25 PM »
to not say that the suns have the best chance to win it is foolish
obviously rude boy, you are new to the NBA.