Author Topic: DRINKING BEER AFTER WORKOUT GOOD OR BAD?  (Read 11369 times)

the choad

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • King Of All Meltdowns
Re: DRINKING BEER AFTER WORKOUT GOOD OR BAD?
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2007, 08:37:01 AM »
I'm surprised nobody has talked about the fact that ANY alcohol catabolizes your muscles.. After you break your muscles down from a workout, the last thing you wanna do is NOT rebuild them.. 

Funny thing we used to do is fukk with the beginners at the gym by telling them to drink beer before bed and take yeast to blow up like a cake does in the oven.. Most times we couldn't even keep a straight face it was so damn funny how these guys actually tried this..

Yes, in Reality if your going to drink after a workout...Might as well skip the workout and go straight to the bar..

WhiteHulk4

• Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2007, 07:44:01 AM »
Everybody's different.  I drink quite heavily almost every weekend.  Sometimes middle of the week.  I've got an extremely high tolerance for alcohol, so when I drink, I drink a lot.

The biggest concern in my experience is not letting the lowered inhibitions, kill your diet.  If you go out drinking, and then go to Waffle House, you're toast.  But if you make sure that you cheating on your diet while you're boozing is not acceptable, you're going to be fine.

Granted, I'm not talking about competitors here.  I'm talking about real, everyday guys, who work real jobs and also love to crush iron in the gym.  It's what you do "most" of the time that matters.  So if you're getting shit-faced 2 nights a week, then out of the 168 hours in that week, you're intoxicated for 12-20 hours (7% - 12%), leaving 88% of the time to be completely committed.  88% is pretty f#cking good in my book!

Also, nothing beats a hangover like a lot of water and a good workout!

WhiteHulk4

• Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2007, 07:45:43 AM »
Oops, I did want to throw in that I DO NOT think that Alcohol should be consume right after a workout.  It intereferes with nutrient absorption, so by the very LEAST, give yourself enough time (2-4 hours) to fully digest and assimilate your post-workout meal or shake.