Author Topic: Smashing your chest when benching  (Read 1473 times)

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
Smashing your chest when benching
« on: January 26, 2007, 07:21:30 AM »
Yesterday at the gym I was working chest and biceps.  I had finished all my pressing movements and was working on standing BB curls.  This scrawny asian kid was inclining benching right in front of me.  He had already done a couple of sets with 185.  I was in the middle of my last set and I hear a gasp of air.  This kid is orange in the face (being that he is asian and all) and the bar is trapped on his chest.  I step forward to help him and he rolls in onto his waist.  He had it there for a few seconds before bringing it to the floor.   I laughed so hard at this kid.  Why the hell do these kids use too much weight or not use spotters? 
Squishy face retard

sinbad

• Getbig III
  • Chest like Arnold!
Re: Smashing your chest when benching
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 07:29:31 AM »
Yesterday at the gym I was working chest and biceps.  I had finished all my pressing movements and was working on standing BB curls.  This scrawny asian kid was inclining benching right in front of me.  He had already done a couple of sets with 185.  I was in the middle of my last set and I hear a gasp of air.  This kid is orange in the face (being that he is asian and all) and the bar is trapped on his chest.  I step forward to help him and he rolls in onto his waist.  He had it there for a few seconds before bringing it to the floor.   I laughed so hard at this kid.  Why the hell do these kids use too much weight or not use spotters? 

My gym closed and now I have to work out at one of the college rec centers, it is pretty much undergrads, old proffesors and me. I am seeing that kind of thing alot lately, too much weight, really bad form, and alot of bouncing of weight off the chest. I have yet to see one kid do a full squat. Damn I miss my old gym:(

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 07:35:48 AM »

it's called Ego lifting...seems to be the most popular form of training these days
Here comes the money shot

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 07:41:17 AM »
When I was much younger, I used to have a small gym in the basement, like who didn't?  Well I was benching, feeling strong and kinda of bouncing the bar, only 150 lbs, but I was only 16.  Very dumb move.  My chest was soar for weeks till I went to a Dr. and found I'd cracked my sternum.  It healed just fine, but when you're young and invincible.......and I wasn't bouncing it hard just a little more than a tap, I thought.  The lesson.....Never bounce the bar off your chest.  I cringe, but don't say anything, when I see guys bouncing multi plates in the gym.  They'll learn.
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2007, 07:42:08 AM »
I don't use a spotter and have had the same thing happen to me many a time. It's a hit to the ego, but you learn from it.

Bigbuthealthy

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2007, 07:50:12 AM »
i'd rather spot some nice juicy bald pussy for myself.
240 at 10 bf.

sinbad

• Getbig III
  • Chest like Arnold!
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2007, 07:55:39 AM »
When I was much younger, I used to have a small gym in the basement, like who didn't?  Well I was benching, feeling strong and kinda of bouncing the bar, only 150 lbs, but I was only 16.  Very dumb move.  My chest was soar for weeks till I went to a Dr. and found I'd cracked my sternum.  It healed just fine, but when you're young and invincible.......and I wasn't bouncing it hard just a little more than a tap, I thought.  The lesson.....Never bounce the bar off your chest.  I cringe, but don't say anything, when I see guys bouncing multi plates in the gym.  They'll learn.

No doubt, I saw this guy really bouncing about 185, I mean he was really bouncing it hard, it made me cringe, I almost had to say something, but figured I would sound like a jerk, and he will learn the hard way.

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2007, 08:15:37 AM »
I don't use a spotter and have had the same thing happen to me many a time. It's a hit to the ego, but you learn from it.

Yep, every once in a while when reppin out with low weight, tryin to push that last rep out to really burn it.  Must look silly my size with 135 stuck on my chest. 
Most are all show no go!

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2007, 08:26:52 AM »
Seriously though, this kid had me amused.  I've seen this joker doing half squats before with heavy so I know the type. He looks like he is a buck 50 soaking wet. 
Squishy face retard

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2007, 08:34:00 AM »
My gym closed and now I have to work out at one of the college rec centers, it is pretty much undergrads, old proffesors and me. I am seeing that kind of thing alot lately, too much weight, really bad form, and alot of bouncing of weight off the chest. I have yet to see one kid do a full squat. Damn I miss my old gym:(

I've seen maybe 4-5 people do full squats in my school's gym. Maybe 10-20 regulars who actually do legs but that generally involves slapping 3 plates on and doing 1/4 squats followed by 7-8 plates on each side 2" rom leg presses.

The Heckler

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2007, 09:33:19 AM »
This kid is orange in the face (being that he is asian and all)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2007, 09:35:01 AM »
I've seen maybe 4-5 people do full squats in my school's gym. Maybe 10-20 regulars who actually do legs but that generally involves slapping 3 plates on and doing 1/4 squats followed by 7-8 plates on each side 2" rom leg presses.
Typical.  Then these kids wonder why they get the crapped kicked out of them, they can't keep their footing.
Squishy face retard

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2007, 09:37:56 AM »
Sounds pretty hardcore to me....I would have said "now do one more set if you want to look like me"