Author Topic: Lame Squatters in the Gym...ENOUGH.  (Read 1353 times)

jonsande

• Getbig II
Lame Squatters in the Gym...ENOUGH.
« on: January 26, 2007, 11:30:35 AM »
I'm sure that this has been said before, many times, but screw it; it can never be said too much.

I just got back from the gym, and there are two power racks and three smith machines all lined up in a row, and ALL of them were filled with douchebags with in between 2 and 5 plates on each side doing some of the most pansy-est squatting I've ever seen.  I almost wanted to scream at the top of my lungs "GO ALL THE WAY DOWN, OR LOWER YOUR WEIGHT". 

I'm so tired of it.  I don't even powerlift, and I think it's discraceful that there are legions of people that don't know how to do a proper squat that have been going to the gym for decades.   >:( >:( >:(  Oh the RAGE!!!

Loading up the bar with 405 pounds and moving your ass literally 3 inches downward from the starting point before you go back up DOES NOT MAKE YOU STRONG.  AT LEAST parallel or pussy.  There's no other way around it.  If you can't squat the right way, going all the way down and all the way back up, you need to take off the ridiculous weight, and start from scratch; I'm sorry, that's just the way it's gotta be.  Can I get an amen, people?

The Heckler

Re: Lame Squatters in the Gym...ENOUGH.
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 11:32:36 AM »
I'm sure that this has been said before, many times, but screw it; it can never be said too much.

I just got back from the gym, and there are two power racks and three smith machines all lined up in a row, and ALL of them were filled with douchebags with in between 2 and 5 plates on each side doing some of the most pansy-est squatting I've ever seen.  I almost wanted to scream at the top of my lungs "GO ALL THE WAY DOWN, OR LOWER YOUR WEIGHT". 

I'm so tired of it.  I don't even powerlift, and I think it's discraceful that there are legions of people that don't know how to do a proper squat that have been going to the gym for decades.   >:( >:( >:(  Oh the RAGE!!!

Loading up the bar with 405 pounds and moving your ass literally 3 inches downward from the starting point before you go back up DOES NOT MAKE YOU STRONG.  AT LEAST parallel or pussy.  There's no other way around it.  If you can't squat the right way, going all the way down and all the way back up, you need to take off the ridiculous weight, and start from scratch; I'm sorry, that's just the way it's gotta be.  Can I get an amen, people?

MELTDOWN!

D_1000

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 11:45:17 AM »
Amen. Even though these days I'm a pussy and *gasp* prefer leg press.

c-sharp minor

• Getbig II
  • omgwtfbbq
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 01:19:39 PM »
What are 'squats'?

If they're anything like pec dec flyes....then count me in.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2007, 01:53:50 PM »

Amen!

I'm telling ya, these people are ALL ego.

These guys would get floored by a proper 200lb squat. I've seen it.
HAHA, RON.....

avesher

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh Potato, Sleepy Time
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2007, 01:59:52 PM »
How many times have you heard these donkeys say--"I don't squat all the way down because it will ruin my knees later in life"

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2007, 02:01:02 PM »

Those are a dime a dozen in my gym along with the 1/4 inch 15 plate a side leg pressers.

PB

TheAnimal

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2007, 03:43:42 PM »
Yeah Im sick of it too

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2007, 03:45:23 PM »
Yeah Im sick of it too

These gutless worms need to severely owned... Getbig style!