Author Topic: Canada compensates man U.S. deported to Syria  (Read 6596 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Canada compensates man U.S. deported to Syria
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2007, 12:02:10 PM »
unrealistic? Why?  What if the man had died in Syrian custody?  people have heart attacks during interrogation.  Suppose the US had delivered the man to syria and he died.  Are we still not guilty of anything?

Unrealistic because the U.S. didn't execute him.  What is the point of discussing something that didn't happen?  He didn't die in Syrian custody.

It's pretty apparent you want to point the finger at the U.S. (like you did when this issue first came up).  In fact, if memory serves, you accused the U.S. of torturing this guy. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2007, 12:04:50 PM »
Unrealistic because the U.S. didn't execute him.  What is the point of discussing something that didn't happen?  He didn't die in Syrian custody.

It's pretty apparent you want to finger at the U.S. (like you did when this issue first came up).  In fact, if memory serves, you accused the U.S. of torturing this guy. 

The US admits to facilitating the torture by delivering the guy.

You're scared to say, either way, whether you believe the US should be held accountable for anyone who dies while being interrogated in an interrogation we set up.

Unbelievable how unwilling you are to take a stance.  If you don't stand for soemthing, i guess you fall for anything.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2007, 12:09:16 PM »
The US admits to facilitating the torture by delivering the guy.

You're scared to say, either way, whether you believe the US should be held accountable for anyone who dies while being interrogated in an interrogation we set up.

Unbelievable how unwilling you are to take a stance.  If you don't stand for soemthing, i guess you fall for anything.

What the heck are you talking about?  The stand I took from day one is Canada screwed up and the U.S. did not.  We did nothing wrong.  That obviously pains you, because you constantly try and highlight anything "bad" our country and/or our military does. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2007, 12:25:06 PM »
What the heck are you talking about?  The stand I took from day one is Canada screwed up and the U.S. did not.  We did nothing wrong.  That obviously pains you, because you constantly try and highlight anything "bad" our country and/or our military does. 

No.  I point out the things which take away from the greatness that is the USA.

In WWII we prosecuted our soldiers who disobeyed orders and tortured people.  Today?  The orders ARE torture!  US standing in the world has fallen greatly.  I want my nation to return to being the pillar for the right thing in the world.  Don't you? 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2007, 12:30:23 PM »
No.  I point out the things which take away from the greatness that is the USA.

In WWII we prosecuted our soldiers who disobeyed orders and tortured people.  Today?  The orders ARE torture!  US standing in the world has fallen greatly.  I want my nation to return to being the pillar for the right thing in the world.  Don't you? 

Army orders court-martial for only officer charged at Abu Ghraib—

HAGERSTOWN, Md. (AP) -

An Army spokesman says the only officer criminally charged in the Abu Ghraib prisoner-abuse scandal will be court-martialed on eight charges including cruelty and maltreatment of detainees.
Colonel Jim Yonts says 50-year-old Lieutenant Colonel Steven Lee Jordan is tentatively scheduled to be arraigned Tuesday at Fort McNair in Washington.

Yonts said General Guy Swann, commander of the Military District of Washington, decided Tuesday to refer Jordan to a court-martial instead of some other, lesser level of judicial treatment.

Charges against reservist from Northern Virginia include a single count of cruelty and maltreatment, disobeying a superior commissioned officer, willful dereliction of duty by failing to supervise and ensure compliance with interrogation policies, failure to obey a lawful general order to obtain permission before using military working dogs during interrogation and making false official statements.

Jordan was charged in April with 12 offenses, but four were dismissed in October.

http://www.wmdt.com/wires/displaystory.asp?id=58054066

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2007, 12:34:20 PM »

The biggers quesiton might be, why didn't canada just ship him to Syria? ;)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2007, 12:35:47 PM »
Army orders court-martial for only officer charged at Abu Ghraib—

Do ya get the news in hawaii?  this guy is getting charged because he committed torture BEFORE bush told the world he wanted to legalize it.

we now do it.  on a large scale.  as evidenced by our canadian friend here.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2007, 12:49:35 PM »
Do ya get the news in hawaii?  this guy is getting charged because he committed torture BEFORE bush told the world he wanted to legalize it.

we now do it.  on a large scale.  as evidenced by our canadian friend here.

"In WWII we prosecuted our soldiers who disobeyed orders and tortured people.  Today?" 

So I point out how this statement is factually inaccurate and you change the subject.  Never seen you do THAT before.

We have soldiers in prison right now for taking pictures of naked detainees.  We have soldiers on trial right now for murder.  (We have a traitor on trial in Washington, but that's another story.).  So, to say we don't prosecute soldiers is just untrue.   

But it is true that all you talk about is bad news. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2007, 12:51:13 PM »
We don't prosecute them anymore.  bush made it legal to use torture.  Abu ghirab brought so much heat that bush actually told the world we will torture suspects now.

so yes, we prosecuted then in WWII and yes, we prosecuted them in 2005.

But TODAY, as I stated, we do not.  HTH.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2007, 02:01:01 PM »
Wonder how many more Terror suspects Canada will turn over after this?  Yep, clearly Canada's fault.
S

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2007, 05:06:37 PM »
Wonder how many more Terror suspects Canada will turn over after this?  Yep, clearly Canada's fault.

No doubt.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2007, 01:56:55 AM »

The thing is Canada didn't turn him over. The guy was returning home from holiday. His flight was a stopover flight to Canada via NY. Canadian officials simply notified the US that he was suspected of being a terrorist. Rather than letting him continue onto his destination back home to Canada, or even deporting him to Canada or to the nation of his citizenship (ie: getting him the heck out of their country) the US decided to kidnap him from US soil, and against his will take him to Syria to be tortured without any proof against him whatsoever. 

No proof... JUST AN ACCUSATION. Being "suspected of" something is quite often a completely different thing than actually "being something"... especially in this current climate of fear, paranoia and xenophobia.

I'm just fearful that the flow of information and intelligence between our two countries could be compromised by this, and that would be a tragedy for both nations.
w

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2007, 02:07:27 AM »
I'm just fearful that the flow of information and intelligence between our two countries could be compromised by this, and that would be a tragedy for both nations.

Yep.

I was just being Sarcastic saying it was Canada's fault BTW.  ;)
S

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2007, 07:40:22 AM »
The thing is Canada didn't turn him over. The guy was returning home from holiday. His flight was a stopover flight to Canada via NY. Canadian officials simply notified the US that he was suspected of being a terrorist. Rather than letting him continue onto his destination back home to Canada, or even deporting him to Canada or to the nation of his citizenship (ie: getting him the heck out of their country) the US decided to kidnap him from US soil, and against his will take him to Syria to be tortured without any proof against him whatsoever. 

No proof... JUST AN ACCUSATION. Being "suspected of" something is quite often a completely different thing than actually "being something"... especially in this current climate of fear, paranoia and xenophobia.

lol.  The America hatred is so transparent Jag.  Just cannot bring yourself to admit Canada screwed up?

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2007, 08:06:30 AM »
lol.  The America hatred is so transparent Jag.  Just cannot bring yourself to admit Canada screwed up?

I freely admit Canada messed up, ...however, I don't think Canada's screw up was as serious as the US's
You can suspect someone of something, ...and relay your suspicions to others... that's fine, however it is ACTIONS that count. Not suspicions, ...not sentiment, ...but what one actually does. And kidnapping an individual and sending them off to be tortured is unacceptable. A civilization cannot call itself civilized, cannot function, let alone flourish without rules of conduct to be observed both by citizens, and authorities. These rules are designed to prevent the breakdown of that society, ...and when the US or any society flounts their own rules, their own laws, as well as higher moral laws, ...that bodes very ill for the future of her society.

I have no hatred for America... just because you're unable to defend yourself and your arguments, or engage in intelligent debate with 240... don't try to divert the issue with a BS propaganda campaign against me.

240 is beating you like you owed him child support. Defend your arguments or go away troll.

ps:what're you doing up? You've already been posting for the past few hours already, and it's 5 only am in Hawaii. Don't you have school to teach today?
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2007, 10:14:45 AM »
I freely admit Canada messed up, ...however, I don't think Canada's screw up was as serious as the US's
You can suspect someone of something, ...and relay your suspicions to others... that's fine, however it is ACTIONS that count. Not suspicions, ...not sentiment, ...but what one actually does. And kidnapping an individual and sending them off to be tortured is unacceptable. A civilization cannot call itself civilized, cannot function, let alone flourish without rules of conduct to be observed both by citizens, and authorities. These rules are designed to prevent the breakdown of that society, ...and when the US or any society flounts their own rules, their own laws, as well as higher moral laws, ...that bodes very ill for the future of her society.

I have no hatred for America... just because you're unable to defend yourself and your arguments, or engage in intelligent debate with 240... don't try to divert the issue with a BS propaganda campaign against me.

240 is beating you like you owed him child support. Defend your arguments or go away troll.

ps:what're you doing up? You've already been posting for the past few hours already, and it's 5 only am in Hawaii. Don't you have school to teach today?

Listen, hater, I like you, but you probably post more anti-American and anti-military stuff on this board than anyone on here (with 240 a close second).  Come to grips with your hatred sista.  You're in denial. 

P.S.   ???  I was only up posting for about 15 minutes.  I read the news in the morning before heading to work, in part so I can ensure you guys haven't fallen into ocean or been blown up by some terrorist.  Didn't you hear what Pat Robertson predicted?   :)

P.P.S.:  The way I keep your comments in context is to remind myself that you are one of the 911 CT nuts and that you believe Bush has bribed the media.   :) 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2007, 07:09:38 AM »

Beach Bum used to be a guy who dropped out of school at 17 to raise a family.  I had to explain to him what an MBA was, as he thought it was a mail order degree.

He was confronted with the accusation he didn't understand the history of self-attacks or the statistics behind the anomalies of the 2004 Ohio and Florida election fiascos.

So, one day he starts posting that he's a college professor who teaches history.  his class is full of MBA students and none of them believe in the 911 story.

I guess he simply adopted revisionist history.  I wonder which party he got that idea from?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2007, 07:22:14 AM »
YAWN.   ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2007, 07:44:35 AM »
YAWN.   ::)

Why would you lie about your credentials?  To gain more credibility in arguments?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2007, 07:47:32 AM »
Why would you lie about your credentials?  To gain more credibility in arguments?

:-*

::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2007, 07:49:44 AM »