Author Topic: Lee, Venice is not dead; The Mecca is re-born in Toronto!  (Read 1589 times)

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Lee, Venice is not dead; The Mecca is re-born in Toronto!
« on: January 27, 2007, 01:34:48 AM »
There has been a lot of talk lately that the mecca of bodybuilding,Venice Beach is dead!  Well, i have got news for you!  It is alive and pumping in Toronto; my home town.

For the last ten years or so the bodybuilding community in Toronto has been growing in strength.  The city has a new zeal to it.  Gyms are more popular than ever.  The comaraderie that once existed back in Arnold era has come to stay in this wonderful city of Toronto. 

OK, i may sound a little bias because it is my home town but i am really excited about the changes taking place.  To tell you the truth the only thing missing here in this city is a bodybuilding identity.  A person that the muscle enthusiasts can identify with...

Lee, I think you would find that,what is going on here  very exciting. The fact that bodybuilding in Toronto does not have  a figure-head like yourself is god damn shame.  I know that when the time is right, one will emerge; I am sure of that. Hopefully they will resemble someone like your remarkable self. Some one who has the balls to stand up for what he believes in.  Some one who says what is needed. Someone who is not frightened of offending others (if means getting the job done).

As long as the bodybuilding world has a Lee Priest, whether it be in Venice Beach, Texas or Toronto the industry will always be in safe hands!

Dont change Lee, keep on staying true.  The fans love you that way.  For bodybuilding has changed my life in so many ways. I was always referred to as the 'short guy' before i started pushing the weights.  Ok, i maybe tiny, standing at only 5 foot  4 but i make up for it in width. -I owe everything to bodybuilding and the 'professionals 'who are living 'iron game' dream!

Train hard, live free!

pumphard

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Lee, Venice is not dead; The Mecca is re-born in Toronto!
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 11:33:31 AM »
Your comparing Toronto to Venice, I think your totally wrong.  The type of gyms that are opening are fitness facilities, not true bodybuilding gyms.  Even some hardcore gyms like Monster Gym have gone towards fitness.  Ron;s Gym is gone.  You find me a hardcore gym, OK, maybe Rhino's Gym.

Cooker

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 09:45:37 AM »
The type of gyms that are opening are fitness facilities, not true bodybuilding gyms. 

Agreed.

1991rs

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 03:38:06 PM »
Your comparing Toronto to Venice, I think your totally wrong.  The type of gyms that are opening are fitness facilities, not true bodybuilding gyms.  Even some hardcore gyms like Monster Gym have gone towards fitness.  Ron;s Gym is gone.  You find me a hardcore gym, OK, maybe Rhino's Gym.

couldnt have said it better myself..i mean, what would make toronto compare to venice???

i think hank wood has been hitting the pipe again