Author Topic: Man Zaps Wife's Grandmother With Taser in Dispute Over Spanking  (Read 2498 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Man Zaps Wife's Grandmother With Taser in Dispute Over Spanking
« on: January 27, 2007, 10:38:22 AM »
Ties into the spanking discussion. 

Man Zaps Wife's Grandmother With Taser in Dispute Over Spanking
Saturday, January 27, 2007

E-MAIL STORY PRINTER FRIENDLY VERSION
NORTH BONNEVILLE, Wash. —  A man who used a stun gun on his 79-year-old grandmother-in-law after an argument over how to discipline his toddler son was arrested for investigation of domestic violence assault.

Aaron de Bruyn, 26, was cited with fourth-degree domestic violence assault Wednesday and was released from the Skamania County Jail Thursday afternoon, said Calvin Owens, police chief in this town about 30 miles up the Columbia River from Portland, Ore.

The argument began Wednesday morning when his 7-month-old son tried to reach behind the family's entertainment system to grab the electrical wires, de Bruyn told The Columbian newspaper of Vancouver.

Fearing the boy would shock himself, he told the boy "no" a couple of times and gave the child a swat on his diapered bottom.

De Bruyn said his grandmother-in-law, Rosemary Garlock, told him that was child abuse and threatened to have the child taken away. He said he then told Garlock to leave and she refused.

After an argument that lasted several minutes, he pulled out his Taser stun gun and told her he would use it on her if she didn't leave within 60 seconds. He counted down, and when she didn't leave, he shocked her on her right shoulder as she sat on the living room couch.

"She yelped, because getting Tased hurts," de Bruyn said. "She started screaming at the top of her lungs to call 911."

Garlock did not need medical attention.

De Bruyn said he had the 50,000-volt Taser X26 energy weapon in case he was confronted with a burglar in his house. He said he was the one who called authorities, saying he had a relative in his house who would not leave.

De Bruyn's stun gun was confiscated.

"If I had to do it over again, I wouldn't," he said. "It's pretty intimidating, everything that's been going on. I've never been in jail or in court, never been in trouble with the law."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,247439,00.html

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
Re: Man Zaps Wife's Grandmother With Taser in Dispute Over Spanking
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2007, 04:19:26 PM »
The old lady sounds like a total bitch... she oughtta be tasered again and again..

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2007, 07:08:24 PM »
hahahaha

I fucking hate people that tell others how to discipline their children. But tazering a 79 year old woman is pretty excessive.

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2007, 07:13:01 PM »
The bitch disrespected a man several consecutive times in his own house... She needs to be disciplined herself!

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2007, 07:17:53 PM »
The bitch disrespected a man several consecutive times in his own house... She needs to be disciplined herself!

A lot of old people are like that. Don't get me wrong, I'd be fucking pissed too is someone made threats about taking my kid away, but a tazer?  :o

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2007, 07:19:16 PM »
Serves the bitch right... She was warned beforehand, but she wanted it... so she got it..

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2007, 09:29:51 AM »
Why is it a rent-a-cop has the right to use repeated "pain compliance" on a student in his own library, ...but a man does NOT have the same right to use a 1 zap "pain compliance" on an unwanted trespasser in his own home?

Granted it was a stupid move on his part... he should have called the cops and had them drag her ass out kicking n' screaming. Tazoring his grandmother-in-law?
w

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2007, 10:01:31 AM »
LOL, that's kind of funny :P

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2007, 10:50:22 AM »
Why is it a rent-a-cop has the right to use repeated "pain compliance" on a student in his own library, ...but a man does NOT have the same right to use a 1 zap "pain compliance" on an unwanted trespasser in his own home?

Granted it was a stupid move on his part... he should have called the cops and had them drag her ass out kicking n' screaming. Tazoring his grandmother-in-law?

Oh no.  Not a discussion about that idiot kid at UCLA again.  I think they should taser him again just for being such a doofus.   :)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2007, 10:54:05 AM »
Oh no.  Not a discussion about that idiot kid at UCLA again.  I think they should taser him again just for being such a doofus.   :)

wait til it happens to one of your daughters. i know... my daughter is an angel she'd never end up on the short end of a rogue cops temper.  ::)
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2007, 10:58:46 AM »
wait til it happens to one of your daughters. i know... my daughter is an angel she'd never end up on the short end of a rogue cops temper.  ::)

No, neither my daughters nor my son would never act like that idiot kid.   ::)  The kid is stupid.  I think he learned a very painful and valuable lesson.  They should think about tasering his parents too.  [joking]

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2007, 11:59:30 AM »
No, neither my daughters nor my son would never act like that idiot kid.   ::)  The kid is stupid.  I think he learned a very painful and valuable lesson.  They should think about tasering his parents too.  [joking]

So a loud stupid kid should be allowed to be tasered by a campus cop?

Okay, on every campus in America there are dozens of loud stupid kids every day.

BB, would you be okay with 30 kids being tazered on US college campuses, every day, 365 days a year?

Because of their vocal volume, should 11,000 kids a year (per campus) be hit with less-than-lethal force at the discretion of campus cops?

Do you want your daughter to go to a school where she witnesses a few kids being zapped each day?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2007, 12:07:29 PM »
A loud stupid kid who got tasered by a police officer after repeatedly failing to follow orders and throwing a tantrum like a two-year-old in an attempt to make a statement got exactly what he deserved.  Am I saying what the officers did was "legal"?  No.  I don't have enough information to make that determination.  What I'm saying is the kid is stupid.  If he follows instructions, nothing happens.  You want to be an idiot and be belligerent with the cops, you accept the consequences.  I don't think that message resonates with that dumb kid.  Or his parents.  They should be slapped. 

And you can try and expand this to some absurd hypothetical situation if you want (like you always do), but I'm talking about this particular dumb kid.  If he was my son, I would have beat his butt when he got home.  Of course, I don't have to worry about that.   :)

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2007, 12:09:34 PM »
she's 79...old people yap..and yap a lot...

i'd just have told her not to come by my house anymore..
carpe` vaginum!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2007, 12:13:57 PM »
Am I saying what the officers did was "legal"?   No.

Yet you support it.

You support illegal corporal punishment of American citizens for using their First Amendment rights to free speech.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2007, 12:18:13 PM »
Yet you support it.

You support illegal corporal punishment of American citizens for using their First Amendment rights to free speech.

I'm not talking about legality.  You just don't get it.  There are two levels of discussion here:  (1) whether the officers obeyed the law and (2) whether the kid is an idiot.  I'm talking about (2).  If the officers didn't follow use of force guidelines, they should be punished.  Period.  Regardless, the kid is an idiot.   

Illegal corporal punishment?  LOL.   ;D  First Amendment?  LOL.  Okay.   ::)