Author Topic: Supplement Program  (Read 5553 times)

FW_Scott

• Getbig II
Supplement Program
« on: January 27, 2007, 11:24:06 AM »
Can anyone tell me if my supplement program sucks.....any suggestions on other supps?

First 6 weeks:
non workout days: 10 grams of creatine, multivitamin.  Then at bedtime take 2 ZMA pills and 4 BCAA pills.
Workout days: multivitamin, 5 grams creatine, 650 mg of glutamine with grape juice b/f workout, 5 grams of creatine, 650 mg of glut after workout.  3 ZMA pills and 6 BCAA pills at bed time.

Second 6 weeks:
non workout days: 25 mg of DHEA at bedtime.  Multivit.
workout days: 50 mg DHEA and glut b/f workout, glut after workout.  Then 50 mg DHEA and BCAA's at bedtime.

Third 6 weeks:
Same as first 6 weeks.

Thanks

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
Re: Supplement Program
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2007, 11:44:45 AM »
Can anyone tell me if my supplement program sucks.....any suggestions on other supps?

First 6 weeks:
non workout days: 10 grams of creatine, multivitamin.  Then at bedtime take 2 ZMA pills and 4 BCAA pills.
Workout days: multivitamin, 5 grams creatine, 650 mg of glutamine with grape juice b/f workout, 5 grams of creatine, 650 mg of glut after workout.  3 ZMA pills and 6 BCAA pills at bed time.

Second 6 weeks:
non workout days: 25 mg of DHEA at bedtime.  Multivit.
workout days: 50 mg DHEA and glut b/f workout, glut after workout.  Then 50 mg DHEA and BCAA's at bedtime.

Third 6 weeks:
Same as first 6 weeks.

Thanks

oh boy...
10g of creatine is WAY too much. 3g every day. on workout days, 1.5 before WO and 1.5 after.
BCAA after WO, not before bed. ZMA three every day.
650mg of glutamine?? more like 25g of glutamine after  WO would be ok.

DHEA sucks. It has NO effect and converts to estrogen as well as testosterone. It's garbage.

You have NO clue about supplementation. the 6 weeks scheme is Bullshit.

Post your diet please.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2007, 02:01:31 PM »
exactly right on the creatine DK, i will add that you don't need extra BCAA's if you're using a decent whey protein product and multi vitamins are useless as well, DHEA sucks donkey balls too.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2007, 02:13:51 PM »
Yes, i don't get that multivitamin crap as well.

if you eat whole foods you won't have a problem.

multiple vitamins and minerals taken at the same time will either affect each other or will be pissed down the toilet (or mudhole in shadow's case  ;D).

Just some examples: Calcium and magnesium together don't go, some vitamins are to be taken with fat, others without.

FW_Scott

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2007, 02:28:05 PM »
oh boy...
10g of creatine is WAY too much. 3g every day. on workout days, 1.5 before WO and 1.5 after.
BCAA after WO, not before bed. ZMA three every day.

DHEA sucks. It has NO effect and converts to estrogen as well as testosterone. It's garbage.

You have NO clue about supplementation. the 6 weeks scheme is Bullshit.

Post your diet please.

Typcal diet is something like:
515: protein shake, oatmeal and fruit.

730: 4 tov6 hard boiled egg whites.

900: protein shake, cashews, fruit

1130: chick breast, rice, veggies

230: protein shake, turkey sandwich

530: Chick or steak or lean meet, 1/2 baked potato, veggies

900: protein.

I weight 210 with a little fa around the gut.  Please advise a good supp plan...looking to get leaner and stronger.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2007, 02:34:12 PM »
diet looks ok, nothing special though. could have more veggies.

My supplements are:

BCAA
Amino Acid tablets
Green tea extract
Guarana
L-Tyrosine
milk thistle
artichoke extract
N-Acetyl-Cystein
Creatine
Yeast
Fish oil

Green Tea, Guarana and L-Tyrosine make a good fat burner and energizer.
Milk thistle, artichoke and NAC and yeast are for general health
fish oil is to provide omega3 fatty acids

I like amino acids more than protein shakes, that's why i switched.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2007, 02:43:21 PM »

My GNC L-Glut bottle says 90 soft gell capsules, 600mg per capsule!?!?!?!?!?!?

ok. First thing: Stop buying at GNC.

i don't know about those capsules. i take glutamine powder. 15-20 grams. 25 is on the safe side though.

FW_Scott

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2007, 02:47:19 PM »

I left out that I was taking more than 1 pill.
I was taking 12 grams pre workout.....and 12 gram post workout. 

Start taking 24 grams post workout? 

FW_Scott

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2007, 02:48:25 PM »
ok. First thing: Stop buying at GNC.

i don't know about those capsules. i take glutamine powder. 15-20 grams. 25 is on the safe side though.

I live in Texas.....we have GNC, Vitamin World and Vitamin Shoppe.  THat's about it!

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2007, 02:50:12 PM »
I live in Texas.....we have GNC, Vitamin World and Vitamin Shoppe.  THat's about it!

Idiot, you have the internet.  ;D

Try bulknutrition.com
bodybuilding.com

and a few others.

Cheap, fast, and you don't have to leave your house. They even ship to europe, so texas shouldn't be a problem.

king

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2007, 03:51:38 PM »
so 10 grams of creatine is too much?... i got a free tub of cell tech from a friend. and it has 10 grams per serving.. think i should just take half the serving?

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2007, 03:56:11 PM »
Why do you consider multivitamines to be useless?
Z

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2007, 07:23:54 PM »
BB.com sells an awesome BCAA product called Eclipse BCAA's, a bottle of 90 capsules is 11.00, pretty good deals.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2007, 07:57:56 AM »
Why do you consider multivitamines to be useless?

Didn't you read my post?

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2007, 09:01:04 AM »

Just some examples: Calcium and magnesium together don't go

Why do you say that?
:

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2007, 09:19:06 AM »
Didn't you read my post?

but even if you eat whole foods it might not be enough, these days food doesnt contain what they used to
and most people dont eat enough fruits and vegetables as it is
Z

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2007, 10:56:41 AM »
but even if you eat whole foods it might not be enough, these days food doesnt contain what they used to
and most people dont eat enough fruits and vegetables as it is

that's true. You just should try to eat as much vegetables as possible. I'm not against supplementation of vitamins, i'm against multivitamins.

I agree there can be a need to supplement some vitamins or minerals, like magnesium and vitamins D, E, B6 and B12.
But it's nonsense to have them all together. Multivitamins are bullshit.

calcium and magnesium have the same transporter, so if you take them together, one of them will not be absorped.

I will post some parties that don't go together later.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2007, 11:43:08 AM »
so 10 grams of creatine is too much?... i got a free tub of cell tech from a friend. and it has 10 grams per serving.. think i should just take half the serving?

10 grams of plain creatine may be too much....if you were taking just plain creatine by itself. But, keep in mind that CELL-TECH is designed to be taken only twice a day (if you're loading) and once per day if you're not loading.

The dextrose, ALA, and other ingredients in CELL-TECH aid in your body absorbing more creatine. That's the difference. I've been using CELL-TECH for over two years and I'm pleased with the results.

Come payday, I'm going to give the new CELL-TECH Hardcore a try (especially, with the "Buy one, get one half off" promotion, along with the GNC Gold Card).

I still don't understand why DHEA is the only prohormone that's still legal to buy over the counter. In any event, you're taking WAY too little of it to reap any benefit. Remember that DHEA changes to androstendione, about six percent of which changes to testosterone.

Bill Phillips, in his 1997 Sports Supplement Review, said of DHEA, that if you don't feel the effects of it at 200 mg per day, "you ain't gonna feel it at any dosage".

As most DHEA sold in stores comes in 25-mg servings, you'd need to consume 8 capsules/caplets to get that. I'd recommend getting GNC's brand, which also comes in time-released formula (the time-released formula costs $12; the regular brand runs about $10).

It also appears that DHEA needs some help to do its thing, with regards to testosterone-boosting. From prohormone supplements I've seen in the past, that help usually comes from Tribulus Terrestris, about 1000 mg of it.

Fortunately, Tribulus is also fairly cheap. I use and recommend that of Ultimate Nutrition. It retails for $25 and has 45% saponins, with each capsule containing 750 mg of Trib. Of course, you can get it cheaper if GNC has markdowns and you use the Gold Card. My last bottle cost me $18. That should last about two months.

If you're going to use DHEA, try using 200 mg of it (the time-released type) with 1000 mg of Trib, taken at noon. That may reap the result you seek. Also consider using some ALC, about an hour before your workouts on training days.

G.R.H.

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2007, 02:54:00 PM »
is mixing grape jice with creatine still ok?! i read somewhere that it's not good 4 u! ???

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2007, 03:38:30 PM »
is mixing grape jice with creatine still ok?! i read somewhere that it's not good 4 u! ???

Hmmm....would the source of that information be an "ad-report" from MuscleTech?  ;D

As for the mixing creatine with grape juice, most people (including myself) did that years ago. This was before creatine products with dextrose became popular (i.e. Phosphagen HP and CELL-TECH).

Grape juice, however, is about 60% dextrose (hence, the reason dextrose is also known as "grape sugar"). Therefore, it makes sense that using 100% dextrose would be better than using grape juice.

In short, when it comes to a carb source to use with creatine, grape juice is good; it's just not the best.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2007, 08:04:06 PM »
Calcium and magnesium together don't go...
Why do you say that?

Kong,
I’d like to know as well.

When ZMA was introduced into mainstream several years ago, I naïvely hopped on the bandwagon and purchased Cytodyne’s Z-Mass PM at GNC.
I noticed the instructions said to avoid taking with milk.

I asked a store employee the reason for this.
He said, “Because of the milk’s calcium.”
He wouldn’t/couldn’t elaborate any further.

Does calcium negate the effects of zinc and/or magnesium?
Will it upset your stomach?

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2007, 07:05:45 AM »
Kong,
I’d like to know as well.

When ZMA was introduced into mainstream several years ago, I naïvely hopped on the bandwagon and purchased Cytodyne’s Z-Mass PM at GNC.
I noticed the instructions said to avoid taking with milk.

I asked a store employee the reason for this.
He said, “Because of the milk’s calcium.”
He wouldn’t/couldn’t elaborate any further.

Does calcium negate the effects of zinc and/or magnesium?
Will it upset your stomach?

As far as I know, calcium reduces the absorption of zinc, however, magnesium enhances the absorption of calcium.  Vitamin D helps with the absorbtion of magnesium, and again, calcium reduces magnesium absorption  :-\  Calcium reduces the absorption of calcium!  ::)  Seriously, calcium is a difficult mineral to absorb.   As a female, I want calcium, so I take it (with magnesium) as far away from everything else as possible.
:

king

• Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2007, 12:20:19 PM »
are some of yall nutritionists??? how in the world do you know so much about this stuff haha

king

• Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2007, 12:21:24 PM »
i wasnt bein sarcastic either.. the knowledge some of yall have about various vitamins and nutrients and stuff is crazy!

trulytoned

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2007, 01:28:08 PM »
i dont know what kind of BCAA's you have but taking 6 at one time doesnt sound right to me.
Split them up throughout the day.
I take 3 at a time 3 times a day, morning, lunch, then after you train
big or bust