Author Topic: Cutler post workout carbs  (Read 5099 times)

MassRuhlz

• Getbig II
  • Mass Ruhlz
Cutler post workout carbs
« on: January 28, 2007, 06:20:23 AM »
I've read Jay Cutler drinks a coke to replenish glycogen after workout. Other say ricecakes good too. I was thinkin, slam a coke, pound some ricecakes all with my 40 gram whey drink. Any comments?

FlexGuns

• Getbig III
Re: Cutler post workout carbs
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 07:20:24 AM »
To Carb load after a workout, try using oatmeal mixed in a blender with whey.  Kashi just came out with there own oatmeal and it's also packed with lots of protein, so you could use that also to carb up after a workout. If you don't carb up after a workout, your muscle will look flat and depleted. Later

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2007, 09:05:18 AM »
Cutler is known to ingest 250 grams of simple carbs post workout, my guess is that he does this to take advantage of all the insulin he uses, if the typical guy did this he'd be a fat sack of shit.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2007, 09:16:57 AM »
i drink coke all the time
Z

Faust

• Getbig IV
  • It's a league game, Smokey
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2007, 10:01:53 AM »
I take a shitload of carbs too. 100+ grams
Doesn't make me fat.

I think protein postworkout is overrated. I have like 10-15 grams, more is useless. Muscle doesn't build that fast. You're better off with an insulin shock triggering growth. After 1-1,5 hour its protein time.
$

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2007, 11:45:49 AM »
I've read Jay Cutler drinks a coke to replenish glycogen after workout. Other say ricecakes good too. I was thinkin, slam a coke, pound some ricecakes all with my 40 gram whey drink. Any comments?

the best way to go would be a 50:50 dextrose n maltodextrin or waixy maize...ive been using the waixy maize from true protein for the last 6mo or so and i like it alot.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2007, 01:07:15 PM »
Doesn't make me fat.

I think protein postworkout is overrated. I have like 10-15 grams, more is useless. Muscle doesn't build that fast. You're better off with an insulin shock triggering growth. After 1-1,5 hour its protein time.
i don't consider 100 grams a lot, there's a huge diference between 100 grams and 250 grams.

Faust

• Getbig IV
  • It's a league game, Smokey
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2007, 02:17:40 PM »
i don't consider 100 grams a lot, there's a huge diference between 100 grams and 250 grams.

It's 100+ grams. I dunno exactly, i just eat a ton of stuff till i'm full. 250 grams of simple carbs pwo is a lot though, that's 1000 calories, and he has to take protein in as well...

But i'm not a 300 pounds roided up freak either. Maybe it has to do something with his insulin consumption like you said. Would there be an advantage to take the insulin after a workout?
$

pinchharmonic

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2007, 03:22:53 PM »
Doesn't make me fat.

hmm, if after 1-1.5 hours it is protein time, then wouldn't a normal whey concentrate be perfect along wtih your carb shake? if i remember correctly it takes about an hour for regular whey concentrate (not hydrolyzed whey) to be absorbed, so the carbs would spike the insulin and in about an hour the protein would just be entering the system.

mwkcronin

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2007, 06:03:15 AM »

I've tried using products that contain sugar as my postworkout drink.  My body does not seem to respond well to the added sugar.  Seem to do best with a moderate amount of carbs along with protein and very little fat.

There definitely seems to be large debate about this topic.  Everyone is different, and if adding a coke or whatever sugar source works for you, then cool.  Not for me unfortunately.  Good topic guys.  Mike

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2007, 06:31:28 AM »
i drink coke all the time

Toxic Snorts it

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2007, 08:13:25 AM »
Cutler's nutritionalist just gave an interview in the latest issue of Muscle and Fitness.  It's a good read and it talks about how Cutler makes adjustments and the need to do so. 

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2007, 12:44:59 PM »
he is still working with chris aceto right?

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2007, 12:52:14 PM »

I'm embarassed to admit it, but I didn't even focus on the name and went straight for the info.  I'll bring the mag to work on Monday and give some more details.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2007, 12:56:06 PM »
Cutler does this to MAXIMIZE HIS INSULIN USAGE!!!!!!!! it's that simple, if the average guy did this he'd be a fat sack of horse shit.

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2007, 02:00:49 PM »
Cutler does this to MAXIMIZE HIS INSULIN USAGE!!!!!!!! it's that simple, if the average guy did this he'd be a fat sack of horse shit.

has he said exactly how many grams of carbs he takes in pwo?

to cover the insulin all you need is 10g of simple sugars per iu ....n i would guess that he's not taking more than 10-15 ius.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2007, 02:02:55 PM »
has he said exactly how many grams of carbs he takes in pwo?

to cover the insulin all you need is 10g of simple sugars per iu ....n i would guess that he's not taking more than 10-15 ius.

he's said at least 250 grams on many occasions.

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2007, 04:58:01 PM »

It is Chris Aceto

The article says the following with respect to post-workout carbs: "Here, you'll double up on carbs,  so instead of 1 cup of rice, you'll have 2 cups."  It doesn't say that's what Cutler does, however.

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2007, 08:14:50 PM »
It is Chris Aceto

The article says the following with respect to post-workout carbs: "Here, you'll double up on carbs,  so instead of 1 cup of rice, you'll have 2 cups."  It doesn't say that's what Cutler does, however.

well whatever he does im sure he includes a pwo shake with it.