Author Topic: Hillary, Obama, and Other Musings  (Read 3862 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Hillary, Obama, and Other Musings
« on: January 28, 2007, 11:14:14 AM »
I had dinner with some of my colleagues and their spouses/significant others last night and we had an interesting discussion about the political scene.  A good mix of liberals, conservatives, and apolitical people (all very well educated).  Here is what I found interesting from our conversation:

1.  Hillary:  Liberals really like her, but agree that she is a polarizing figure.  When we tried to pinpoint why she is polarizing, we really couldn't pin down why people hate her so much.  One young lady said her father and those in his generation would not vote for Hillary because she is a woman. 

2.  Obama:  The most interesting comment about him (in response to my comment that he hasn't defined himself on major issues) was that it isn't so much where he stands on hot button issues, but his judgment and what kind of decisions he will make when given information.  I think that is a great point.  I've been waiting for him to take positions (which he still must do and which will no doubt cost him votes from one camp or another), but maybe it's better to look at him from an intellectual standpoint?  I'm going to reevaluate how I judge him. 

3.  McCain:  We all agreed he is very old.  Liberals think he's too conservative.  One conservative thinks the war will make or break him.  If his support of Bush's troop escalation is successful, McCain is in.  If not, McCain is doomed.  I think this makes sense.

4.  Giuliani:  Liberals think he is too conservative, conservatives think he's too liberal.  Sounds like the ideal candidate.   :)  I need to reevaluate my views on him.  One ultra liberal was really impressed with how he cleaned up New York.  He may not be quite the long shot I thought he was.

5.  Republican candidates:  We agreed outside of McCain and Giuliani there isn't a sure bet Republican candidate.  After reflecting on this, I think this is true and that President Hillary (or Obama) may not be quite the long shot I thought it was. 

6.  911:  Not a word about a conspiracy in three-plus hours.  Not surprised at all.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Hillary, Obama, and Other Musings
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 11:27:01 AM »
6.  911:  Not a word about a conspiracy in three-plus hours.  Not surprised at all.   

I bet most of the guys at that table enjoyed pounding their wives in the ass.  Did that come up at all?  Some things aren't comfortable dinner topics.

A good mix of liberals, conservatives, and apolitical people (all very well educated).  Here is what I found interesting from our conversation:

Highly educated people?  Chances are, most of them have been exposed to 9/11 truth movement then.  And if they're educated, they probably hold positions in society of respect and power.

What happens when a person has the audacity to publicly question the official story?  They're immediately labeled a nut or unpatriotic by idiots who haven't researched the topic.

Your friends know, BB.  If you you had more courage, YOU would have brought it up and challenged every man and woman at the table to tell you they absolutely think an inside job is crazy.  perhaps a few would have called it shady, perhaps a few would have said inside job.  but luckily, you can read minds so you were able to ascertain their opinions without asking them about it.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2007, 11:30:31 AM »
And one other thing:  not a single insult the entire night, even though some of them had a little too much to drink.  Crystallizes how intelligent folk can discuss and disagree without insulting each other.  People who aren't very bright and have little self control cannot do this.  You can often see examples of this on this board.   :)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2007, 11:31:25 AM »
And one other thing:  not a single insult the entire night, even though some of them had a little too much to drink.  Crystallizes how intelligent folk can discuss and disagree without insulting each other.  People who aren't very bright and have little self control cannot do this.  You can often see examples of this on this board.   :)

douchebag.

;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2007, 11:36:01 AM »
Yeah, I wouldn't answer this if I was you either.

I bet most of the guys at that table enjoyed pounding their wives in the ass.  Did that come up at all?  Some things aren't comfortable dinner topics.

A good mix of liberals, conservatives, and apolitical people (all very well educated).  Here is what I found interesting from our conversation:

Highly educated people?  Chances are, most of them have been exposed to 9/11 truth movement then.  And if they're educated, they probably hold positions in society of respect and power.

What happens when a person has the audacity to publicly question the official story?  They're immediately labeled a nut or unpatriotic by idiots who haven't researched the topic.

Your friends know, BB.  If you you had more courage, YOU would have brought it up and challenged every man and woman at the table to tell you they absolutely think an inside job is crazy.  perhaps a few would have called it shady, perhaps a few would have said inside job.  but luckily, you can read minds so you were able to ascertain their opinions without asking them about it.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2007, 11:38:05 AM »
And on cue, 240 drops in with his brilliant analysis.   :)  Pavlov's Dog.  Dude, I absolutely own you.  I can make you drool whenever I want.  LOL.  It's a riot.   ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2007, 12:11:32 PM »
And on cue, 240 drops in with his brilliant analysis.   :)  Pavlov's Dog.  Dude, I absolutely own you.  I can make you drool whenever I want.  LOL.  It's a riot.   ;D

No.  You usually post something one-sided, historically inaccurate, statistically impossible, or just plain ignorant.  i respond with rational, reasonable facts which you never can debate.

Your eye rolls are a sign of defeat.  You insult my intelligence but didn't know what an MBA is and didn't understand my B school's accreditation.  I back up my beliefs with facts, you just call me crazy and never can debate them.

Seriously, you're about two inches from opening up your mind.  :) I see that.  You will post thigns like "none of my friends brought up 911" because secretly, you kinda want to know their opinions on it.  You really do.  Politics interest you.  And alternative theories interest you.  You dont bash 9/11 because you believe it's false.  You bash it because you're 99% sure.  You open every thread on it because you're curious.

if you KNOW something is false, it would have no interest.  I can post a thread saying I just benched 5000 pounds, and aside from a few comments, it would die.  9/11, however, is different.  The heated debates show there is emotional involvement, and shows that nothing is in stone - netiher side can prove their side yet.

I predict you'll become a doubter of the official story, BB.  You've already admitted you'd choose Alex Jones over Bush to tell you if an attack was coming.  That was a major step.  This shows you are already open to a "let it happen on purpose" (LIHOP) view on 9/11.  Otherwise your response would have been "Bush, of course!".  but it wasn't ;)

You can't accept that some in the govt would kill off 3000 if it meant controlling resources to keep 300 million alive.  I can.  It was a nonstandard macro psychological op designed to elicit a groupthink response to initiate internal controls and support external aggression.

Hope this clears things up for you.  You want to quesiton the holes in the story, you want to know if Bush knew or just how WTC7 fell or why NORAD lied, FAA destroyed tapes, and all those planes flew without being intercepted.  hell, as a military man, you KNOW those planes should have been caught.

beach bum, you'll be a 911 truther this year.  you may never admit it due to the fascade you've sold the world.  but deep down, it's already LIHOP and could be a partial MIHOP soon.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2007, 12:11:56 PM »
No.  You usually post something one-sided, historically inaccurate, statistically impossible, or just plain ignorant.  i respond with rational, reasonable facts which you never can debate.

Now that is funny.   ;D  One thing I like about you is you always make me laugh.   ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2007, 12:22:45 PM »
Now that is funny.   ;D  One thing I like about you is you always make me laugh.   ;D

You just dodged the incredibly huge statement.  That was no accident ;)

I predict you'll become a doubter of the official story, BB.  You've already admitted you'd choose Alex Jones over Bush to tell you if an attack was coming.  That was a major step.  This shows you are already open to a "let it happen on purpose" (LIHOP) view on 9/11.  Otherwise your response would have been "Bush, of course!".  but it wasn't ;)

beach bum, you'll be a 911 truther this year.  you may never admit it due to the fascade you've sold the world.  but deep down, it's already LIHOP and could be a partial MIHOP soon.

You're one of us, brother.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2007, 12:26:32 PM »
 ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2007, 12:37:29 PM »

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2007, 04:01:55 AM »
Back to the topic gents!!!

;D

The dinner analysis seems pretty spot on IMO, sad thing about McCain. His last showing on TV, he didn't look 100% healthy to be honest.

Giuliani is interesting, but I believe that this coming presidential election is the Democrats to lose.

The problem will be to generate the swing votes for Clinton in the south. Obama could probably be easier, since he isn't such a polarizing character.

Nevertheless, anything but a Democrat president is an upset.

But don't rule out McCain though...

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2007, 05:22:54 AM »
Yeah what the hell is with McCain..he was on Tim Rusert and looked horrible I did a double take. I think he would do well in any debate..substance wise because of his vast experience, especially over Obama. I would love to see he and Hillary go at it. Juiliani as VP. We need an Italian in the white house. Obama he's sexy now..just like Dean but he will fade. I just don't see American's electing this guy. Not because he's black..just not this guy.
L

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2007, 05:31:55 AM »
Now that is funny.   ;D  One thing I like about you is you always make me laugh.   ;D

Now I know why you're so against same-sex marriage.
It might mean you'd have to divorce your wife and marry 240.

You might as well. The two of you argue like an old married couple.

Just remember to invite me to the wedding... or save me a piece of cake. I like cake.  :P
w

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2007, 05:35:30 AM »
Yeah except BB might throw 240 in the wood chipper after all that lip he gives him.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2007, 05:38:12 AM »
Yeah except BB might throw 240 in the wood chipper after all that lip he gives him.

Nah, if Beach Bum is as afraid of actual humans as he is of taking a position on any issue involving integrity, he'd rather hide in the shadows than have a direct confrontation.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2007, 05:49:21 AM »
Nope he's my boy and gotta defend him.....and if u too were married he's knock u over the head..freeze u and fertilize his tomatoes with ur shredded corpse. Then I'd be over enjoying a salad and say 'wow these are mightyy tasty mater's man'. And he say 'hell yeah, 240 helped grow em'.  ;D
L

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2007, 06:18:02 AM »
Nope he's my boy and gotta defend him.....and if u too were married he's knock u over the head..freeze u and fertilize his tomatoes with ur shredded corpse. Then I'd be over enjoying a salad and say 'wow these are mightyy tasty mater's man'. And he say 'hell yeah, 240 helped grow em'.  ;D

you're a sick man. Get help soon.  :o
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2007, 07:26:30 AM »
What did you guys do to my thread?    ;D

But back on topic, I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw how old McCain looked.  I hope he was just sick and doesn't come across that way during the election. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2007, 07:38:45 AM »
What did you guys do to my thread?    ;D

But back on topic, I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw how old McCain looked.  I hope he was just sick and doesn't come across that way during the election. 

I know.  It would a shame if people didn't vote for him because of his appearance.

They shouldn't vote for him because a vote for him is a vote for 4 more years of the Bush war machine.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2007, 07:45:45 AM »
And as we all know, physical appearance has absolutely nothing to do with voting and elections.   ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2007, 07:50:58 AM »
And as we all know, physical appearance has absolutely nothing to do with voting and elections.   ::)

the sky is blue.  obviously appearance gives one an edge or disadvantage.  If Kerry had looked like Sean Connery, he'd be President right now.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2007, 07:52:32 AM »
the sky is blue.  obviously appearance gives one an edge or disadvantage.  If Kerry had looked like Sean Connery, he'd be President right now.

::)  Go read a history book son.  Here is a hint:  read up on the Nixon/Kennedy debate. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2007, 07:57:49 AM »
::)  Go read a history book son.  Here is a hint:  read up on the Nixon/Kennedy debate. 

yawn.  yes, tv won despite nixon winning on the radio.  come on, who are you calling 'son'?  disrespectful to talk to another grown man like that.

of course, I'd hate me too.  I did reveal you as a 911 truther.  I still can't believe you'd trust your daughter's life with Alex Jones over your own president, as you detailed previously.  Your belief that he would let a plane hit.  Wow.  I admire your courage.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2007, 10:17:00 AM »
yawn.  yes, tv won despite nixon winning on the radio. 

*Applause*  You get a "B" for today's lesson son.   :)