Author Topic: Cheap VIP tickets for the Ironman Pro.  (Read 3482 times)

MADMAX6

• Getbig III
  • Max Muscle Venice
Cheap VIP tickets for the Ironman Pro.
« on: January 28, 2007, 12:01:30 PM »
Our very own Bob Chick has entrusted me the responsability to sell for him at the shop about 100 VIP tickets from a block that Bodybuilding.com had purchased.  They are very cheap (10.00 for the pre-judging and 20.00 for the finals).  With that you get free access to a VIP Gold room where there is food, I am told and also I'm pretty sure Bob said that the Saturday Expo access will be granted to you free as well.
They are available at my shop located at 259 Hampton Dr, at the corner of Rose and Hampton.
Be quick, they will go fast.
Max. 
Check often for updates @

SWOLETRAIN

• Getbig IV
Re: Cheap VIP tickets for the Ironman Pro.
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 12:08:18 PM »
come to OC!!!! ever at koloseum?
-

MADMAX6

• Getbig III
  • Max Muscle Venice
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2007, 12:18:31 PM »
Yes, actually I train there as well as at Gold's, I am bringing some tix to Milos as well for his members and friends.  He'll have some Monday night.
Max.

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2007, 12:20:49 PM »
I'm pretty sure Bob said that the Saturday Expo access will be granted to you free as well.

Isn't Derek Anthony going to be mad that Bob is undercutting his rates?  ???

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2007, 12:41:30 PM »
Our very own Bob Chick has entrusted me the responsability to sell for him at the shop about 100 VIP tickets from a block that Bodybuilding.com had purchased.  They are very cheap (10.00 for the pre-judging and 20.00 for the finals).  With that you get free access to a VIP Gold room where there is food, I am told and also I'm pretty sure Bob said that the Saturday Expo access will be granted to you free as well.
They are available at my shop located at 259 Hampton Dr, at the corner of Rose and Hampton.
Be quick, they will go fast.
Max. 

"Scalping"
Ticket resale
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Ticket resale is the act of reselling tickets for admission to events. In British English, one who resells tickets is often called a tout, and in American English, such a person is often called a scalper, and the practice is called scalping. However, these are colloquial terms used to refer to individuals selling tickets on the street, outside a venue or event. Established companies in the business of reselling tickets are called "ticket brokers". Legitimate, registered businesses reselling tickets to popular events are bound by local and state laws in the U.S. and must operate within those laws to maintain their status as a legitimate business.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2007, 01:01:05 PM »
Bob is resorting to giving away tickets.  My oh my not at an IFBB event.  Don't they all sellout.

xpac2

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2007, 01:12:19 PM »
Bob is resorting to giving away tickets.  My oh my not at an IFBB event.  Don't they all sellout.

You're fat and a b-list celebrity groupie/guy

Hope this helps

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2007, 01:39:01 PM »
how late are you open?  I'll be in Venice this evening around 7 pm

SecondFocus

• Getbig II
  • Wanna See More...?
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2007, 02:19:26 PM »
I also have a bunch of the same tickets and will probably be at the Koloseum on Friday, Feb 2. I was just there this last Friday. So if Milos runs out I should have a few left. Just check in with me.

If anyone else needs tickets out my way, I am in Palm Springs, just let me know. And the following weekend, Feb 9 & 10 I will be in Pasadena.

So get em from MadMax or any of us but come to the Iron Man, I always have fun there. One of my favorite shows.

By the way, here is a quick promo we did for the show and these special tickets....

Ian L. Sitren
SecondFocus

SecondFocus

• Getbig II
  • Wanna See More...?
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2007, 02:32:49 PM »
I am also going to try to get to the "Vault" Powerhouse Gym this week if you want to catch up to me there for tickets.

Thanks
Ian L. Sitren
SecondFocus

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2007, 02:52:13 PM »

You're fat and a b-list celebrity groupie/guy

Hope this helps

It does help.  Now it shows you are a no-list guy.  Hope this helps moron. And I won't go out with you.

xpac2

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2007, 09:29:20 PM »
It does help.  Now it shows you are a no-list guy.  Hope this helps moron. And I won't go out with you.

So you admit that you stalk B-list celbrities and beg them to take a picture with you to show all your internet friends?

AVBG

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2007, 09:35:41 PM »
I thought scalping tix at an increased price was frowned upon? Tix at face or lower value is a good gesture.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2007, 09:48:33 PM »

Who's giving tickets away?

You're confusing the Ironman Pro  with the PDI NOC...

You DO remember the NOC, right?

MADMAX6

• Getbig III
  • Max Muscle Venice
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2007, 10:24:46 PM »
I thought scalping tix at an increased price was frowned upon? Tix at face or lower value is a good gesture.

Bingo! 

MADMAX6

• Getbig III
  • Max Muscle Venice
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2007, 10:29:57 PM »

LOL!!!! 
Many peeps called about the tixs today, sold 4 pairs so far, 2 more tomorrow and I'm bringing some to Milos's gym tomorrow..

Slowly but surely big Bob!

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2007, 10:47:16 PM »

Not much difference from selling VIP tickets for $10 and $20 than giving them away for free.  In fact that is more embarassing.  What are the general tickets $.50.  It is obvious they are having trouble selling tickets.  At least admit that Chic.  You don't lower prices like this unless ticket sales are way down.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2007, 10:50:41 PM »

Not much difference from selling VIP tickets for $10 and $20 than giving them away for free.  In fact that is more embarassing.  What are the general tickets $.50.  It is obvious they are having trouble selling tickets.  At least admit that Chic.  You don't lower prices like this unless ticket sales are way down.

As usual...you're wrong.

The tickets are a special "BB.com Bodyspace VIP" section that we purchased, were selling them at our cost actually, simply to generate new interest and help promote the sport. They're seperate and apart from the actual VIP tickets that are down in the front rows...they're much more expensive.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2007, 05:39:38 AM »
Keith come on now bro. God forbid a company step up and try to do something to FURTHER bodybuilding. Meeting up with people who are part of this community is a fun experience. I'm looking forward to meeting some of the people on here, Bodybuilding.com and the other boards. Get your butt to the Olympia this year so I can whoop ya in some poker.

The motive is not to come back here in Feb. 20th and say the show was sold out like a certain "production" you love to defend. If it gets a few more people to the show who hadn't before, introduces them to the experience and feel part of the community, I fail to see the downside.

Bodybuilding.com is stepping up this year and providing various ways to help the industry. Whether it be with this promotion, the FREE webcast or sponsorship dollars. I'd venture to guess you and the other hecklers will be watching the FREE webcast.
Elevate Your Image.™

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2007, 05:45:35 AM »
Argument is pointless.  If Keith was right and they were giving away tickets for next to nothing to fill the place, of course the IFBB guys would spin it and say it was for sport growth.  If Bob was right and it is a hot ticket, but they're selling tickets below cost to hook up the fans, Keith would question why any group would give away $ out of the goodness of their hearts.

I think the getbig readers are smart enough to know both sides are going to bash the other no matter what the truth is.  Giving away/selling below cost issues should be in-house issue anyway... for either federation to give a crap about what the other federation does on ticket sales shows concern and therefore fear of losing market share.   Both sides will deny it, of course, but if you are dissing the other sides' sales, you see them as a legit competitor and are attempting to sway public opinion on their longterm viability.  This goes for both sides :)

But please continue to argue your respective points.  It's decent theater.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2007, 05:51:51 AM »
240, we missed you, how is the diaper changing working out?

have you started working on #2 yet?
Here comes the money shot

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2007, 05:52:01 AM »
Argument is pointless.  If Keith was right and they were giving away tickets for next to nothing to fill the place, of course the IFBB guys would spin it and say it was for sport growth.  If Bob was right and it is a hot ticket, but they're selling tickets below cost to hook up the fans, Keith would question why any group would give away $ out of the goodness of their hearts.

I think the getbig readers are smart enough to know both sides are going to bash the other no matter what the truth is.  Giving away/selling below cost issues should be in-house issue anyway... for either federation to give a crap about what the other federation does on ticket sales shows concern and therefore fear of losing market share.   Both sides will deny it, of course, but if you are dissing the other sides' sales, you see them as a legit competitor and are attempting to sway public opinion on their longterm viability.  This goes for both sides :)

But please continue to argue your respective points.  It's decent theater.

Not too long ago you were a chief protagonist in this battle, why the step back? Is it because the PDI sucks balls? ; ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2007, 05:58:59 AM »
i used to love the drama.  i'm just too worn out to try to keep up now.  And, since i watch spongebob squarepants about 3 hours a day now, I might be going a little soft.

i wanted the casual readers to have a little bit of a frame of reference - both parties in the debate have a stake in the outcome which results from the public perception of the events' viability.  Guys can only compete in one federation, and in truth, both federations are vying for the same athletes. 

So, both sides are engaging in a PR campaign to appear as the #1 federation.  Both sides are trying to paint their own shows as sell outs, while trying to paint the competitor's shows as failures.  The truth, of course, lies somewhere in the middle.  To deny the intent of their posts, when they have a financial stake in the outcome, is to insult your intelligence as the reader.

Oooh, they poisoned the health inspector on Spongebob. 

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2007, 06:04:02 AM »
i used to love the drama.  i'm just too worn out to try to keep up now.  And, since i watch spongebob squarepants about 3 hours a day now, I might be going a little soft.

i wanted the casual readers to have a little bit of a frame of reference - both parties in the debate have a stake in the outcome which results from the public perception of the events' viability.  Guys can only compete in one federation, and in truth, both federations are vying for the same athletes. 

So, both sides are engaging in a PR campaign to appear as the #1 federation.  Both sides are trying to paint their own shows as sell outs, while trying to paint the competitor's shows as failures.  The truth, of course, lies somewhere in the middle.  To deny the intent of their posts, when they have a financial stake in the outcome, is to insult your intelligence as the reader.

Oooh, they poisoned the health inspector on Spongebob. 
If you're going to ride the line and play both sides of the fence - why did you post up the "scalping" post?
Elevate Your Image.™

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2007, 06:22:04 AM »
If you're going to ride the line and play both sides of the fence - why did you post up the "scalping" post?

oh i was just pushing madmax's buttons, he's becoming one of my favorite getbiggers now :)