Author Topic: Anti War Protest  (Read 7894 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: Anti War Protest
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2007, 06:56:59 AM »
Yea but come on... That's an extreme right wing mantra to get people to shut up... Just because someone's an actor it doesn't mean they relinquish their rights to free speech... Are they any more than other voices... no not really but I sure in the hell have no problem with guys like Tom Sellek or Charlton heston speaking on guns/2nd Amendment issues... or guys like Chuck Norris going on Fox in support of Bush... Look, there are all levels of citizenry in America.  We the poor battle it out with protests/message board rants and letters to the editor... It comes from the left and right at this level.  Then you move up to people with money, these people battle it out by publishing books, going on talk shows and holding events.  Then there are the famous/rich people... These people speak at fundraiser, protests and other events as well as write books and appear in interviews and again it comes from the left and right...  So basically we have people from all facets of life in AMERICA participating in this democracy...  really bro, get on board with freedom or get your gulag started ;D

{LOL} HH6 manages to stay alive through how many years in Afghanistan with IED's going off all around him,
and with just 12 days to go... Berserker kills him with one paragraph on a message board.  Hilarious! ;D
w

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2007, 07:17:07 AM »
{LOL} HH6 manages to stay alive through how many years in Afghanistan with IED's going off all around him,
and with just 12 days to go... Berserker kills him with one paragraph on a message board.  Hilarious! ;D
That's actually not very funny. :-\

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2007, 08:58:11 PM »
He hardly destroyed me but he makes a good point. I just don't believe people who lead charmed lives on our nickel have any right to bad mouth a policy that does not affect them. Your an actor..shut up and act. Its my opinion and I believe they undermine the anti-war movement bacause their celebrity over-shadows the ideals they are trying to represent. That said..screw them. Beserk after that there is no hope..get on the truck buddy. I had planned on giving u a pass..make u a trustee or something. Now its going to be a whole hut full of large sweaty lumberjacks for u.  ;D
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2007, 09:03:00 PM »
actors are just like anyone else. 

except for, when joe nobody has an opinion, nobody gives a shit.

when famous anyone has an opinion, they cover it.

if more diehard repub celebrities would come fwd, they'd play it too.

Unfortunately, I didn't see any neocon celebrities (or anyone known) coming out to defend the war.  Why is this?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2007, 09:14:20 PM »
Well I'll just stay in my lane. Those active duty soldiers who protested would get absolutely crushed if they were mine. If ur a vet and u want to march fine. However the media needs to be very careful of some of these guys. There are alot of fakes. I have met plenty. The guy with the green flight...sounds weird. Was he aircrew? Little things he mntioned sound "off" Anyway if u don't agree with the war..get out. Stop accepting ur paycheck and roll.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2007, 09:23:15 PM »
Anyway if u don't agree with the war..get out. Stop accepting ur paycheck and roll.

good point!

anyone who is in there today, signed or re-signed after 9/11.  sure, they might have learned WMD or 911 were bullshit, and maybe they question blah blah, but they signed a contract and they knew the deal.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2007, 10:50:40 PM »
He hardly destroyed me but he makes a good point. I just don't believe people who lead charmed lives on our nickel have any right to bad mouth a policy that does not affect them.

I can't believe you said that! Actors lead a charmed life on your nickle?
Are you talking about the actors in Hollywood, or the ones in the Oval office?

I suppose in a world where perception is reality, ...however, I can assure you an actor's life is NOT a charmed one.

Your an actor..shut up and act.

It is the job of the actor to channel the voices, thoughts, and opinions of men and women throughout the ages.
The fact that many are willing to continue in this role without payment, and beyond the camera rolling is something for which you should be grateful. ...especially if it's a union actor.  :P

Its my opinion and I believe they undermine the anti-war movement bacause their celebrity over-shadows the ideals they are trying to represent.

Only if you're not listening. The good news is that people are listening. I secretly think that's what goads you.  ;)

"One of the first moves of a dictatorship is to stifle the artists and thinkers who have the ability to stir up dissent from any prescribed dogma which might enslave them." - Uta Hagen

...only 11 days to go   :-*
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2007, 10:53:32 PM »
Well I'll just stay in my lane. Those active duty soldiers who protested would get absolutely crushed if they were mine. If ur a vet and u want to march fine. However the media needs to be very careful of some of these guys. There are alot of fakes. I have met plenty. The guy with the green flight...sounds weird. Was he aircrew? Little things he mntioned sound "off" Anyway if u don't agree with the war..get out. Stop accepting ur paycheck and roll.

You say this like you've never heard of "Stop Loss". infact, I think there's an officer in Hawaii whose time was up but they wouldn't let him go. Instead they insisted he go off to Iraq. He's refused to go. Maybe you heard of him?
w

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2007, 06:34:21 AM »

You fcuking idit.

That's way out of line.

You're comparing our friendly debates with the fears, terrors and dangers that HH6 has to endure?

You badly need to wake up and smell the fcuking coffee mate.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2007, 06:37:31 AM »
He hardly destroyed me but he makes a good point. I just don't believe people who lead charmed lives on our nickel have any right to bad mouth a policy that does not affect them. Your an actor..shut up and act. Its my opinion and I believe they undermine the anti-war movement bacause their celebrity over-shadows the ideals they are trying to represent. That said..screw them. Beserk after that there is no hope..get on the truck buddy. I had planned on giving u a pass..make u a trustee or something. Now its going to be a whole hut full of large sweaty lumberjacks for u.  ;D
::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2007, 07:28:07 AM »
You say this like you've never heard of "Stop Loss". infact, I think there's an officer in Hawaii whose time was up but they wouldn't let him go. Instead they insisted he go off to Iraq. He's refused to go. Maybe you heard of him?

Uh, Watada is not in Hawaii, he's in Washington.  And he was not affected by stop loss, he was in the MIDDLE of his tour (after joining DURING the war) and refused to deploy, while his subordinates went in harm's way.  You don't have to make up facts to prove a point.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2007, 07:53:26 AM »
Would you be MORE mad at him, if he had grabbed a mic, and talked about the need for more war, in a time of peace?

If the US wasn't involved anywhere, and he happened to be interviewed, and he said "yes, I secretly wish we would invade Greenland for their beachside property".

Are you impartially mad because he broke an army regulation?  Or are you mad that his statement fueled a belief that isn't your own?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2007, 01:31:01 PM »
Would you be MORE mad at him, if he had grabbed a mic, and talked about the need for more war, in a time of peace?

If the US wasn't involved anywhere, and he happened to be interviewed, and he said "yes, I secretly wish we would invade Greenland for their beachside property".

Are you impartially mad because he broke an army regulation?  Or are you mad that his statement fueled a belief that isn't your own?

1.  No.

2.   ???

3.  I am "impartially mad" (whatever that means) because he took an oath, violated that oath because he is friggin coward, and sent his subordinates to combat while he sits on his cowardly butt in the comfy confines of picturesque Fort Lewis.   >:(  I am pissed off that a spineless officer who voluntarily joined the Army WHILE WE WERE AT WAR will accomplish his goal of avoiding combat, while his soldiers are in harm's way.  It is poor leadership, a violation of his oath, dishonorable, and sends a horrible message to the troops.  Okay, done venting.   :)

I tend to think those who have actually taken an oath, and satisfied it, can appreciate much more how wrong this is.  I'm not sure I've talked to an active duty, retired, and/or former military member who supports that turkey. 

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2007, 02:43:30 PM »
a disabled iraqi vet got spit on at the rally, and was threatened by numerous people. 

whomever did that are scum
Valhalla awaits.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2007, 02:49:23 PM »
a disabled iraqi vet got spit on at the rally, and was threatened by numerous people. 

whomever did that are scum

...and lucky I didn't witness it.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2007, 05:53:55 AM »
I tried to find that story and couldn't. If anybody has a link. I hope its just propaganda. The Libs don't want to go down that road again. Actors have it so tough..what hot piece of ass do i bang tonight ..god my coke dealer got busted..gotta hit up Lindsey for her's. Oh Paris hates me...yeah rough life. They live in a fantasy land..great job if u can get it. I saw some Marine with no face on PBS (AFN carries US news). Does anybody think this guy will ever have a woman again..go out..lead anything like a normal life...no friggen face at 22. Hollywood can kiss my ass. Protest all u want. If we had a draft things would be different. Half these people protest because they want it to be like the 60's.
L

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2007, 06:48:55 AM »
I tried to find that story and couldn't. If anybody has a link. I hope its just propaganda. The Libs don't want to go down that road again. Actors have it so tough..what hot piece of ass do i bang tonight ..god my coke dealer got busted..gotta hit up Lindsey for her's. Oh Paris hates me...yeah rough life. They live in a fantasy land..great job if u can get it. I saw some Marine with no face on PBS (AFN carries US news). Does anybody think this guy will ever have a woman again..go out..lead anything like a normal life...no friggen face at 22. Hollywood can kiss my ass. Protest all u want. If we had a draft things would be different. Half these people protest because they want it to be like the 60's.

I agree. They just want a cause.  Most of them couldn't find the middle east on a map.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2007, 06:53:41 AM »
I agree. They just want a cause.  Most of them couldn't find the middle east on a map.

Hahaha, ain't that the truth..  ;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2007, 07:35:25 AM »

Tell me about it.  Seems like the most vocal actors have the least to complain about. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2007, 07:40:24 AM »
Tell me about it.  Seems like the most vocal actors have the least to complain about. 

This standard should apply to politicians too.  Most politicians are milionaires who know their kids will never serve.  Why should they give a shit about the war?  Because they want to do their part to preserve their country and keep our citizens alive and healthy.

No matter where you stand on the issue, to disregard a celebrity's opinion because they're a celebrity is silly.  They're an american and their vote counts 1/300,000,000 just like the rest of us.  Your real beef should be with the media, who gives a dropout with dimples more coverage than educated people with real plans.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2007, 07:52:27 AM »
This standard should apply to politicians too.  Most politicians are milionaires who know their kids will never serve.  Why should they give a shit about the war?  Because they want to do their part to preserve their country and keep our citizens alive and healthy.

No matter where you stand on the issue, to disregard a celebrity's opinion because they're a celebrity is silly.  They're an american and their vote counts 1/300,000,000 just like the rest of us.  Your real beef should be with the media, who gives a dropout with dimples more coverage than educated people with real plans.

I agree in part.  Many politicians, on both sides, do not have a stake in the war because they are wealthy and their kids do not serve. 

But the fact that some terd celebrity is mouthing off bothers me and a lot of other people.  I could care less what Sean Penn and his other liberal co-actors have to say about politics.  They live in a fantasy land. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2007, 07:54:27 AM »
But the fact that some terd celebrity is mouthing off bothers me and a lot of other people.  I could care less what Sean Penn and his other liberal co-actors have to say about politics.  They live in a fantasy land. 

Most Americans live in a fantasy land, dude.  While Penn fills his days with coke and hippy causes, there are 200 million idots who fill their days with American Idol and Dr Phil.

At the very least, Penn has visited Iraq and can find it on a world map.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2007, 07:58:14 AM »
Most Americans live in a fantasy land, dude.  While Penn fills his days with coke and hippy causes, there are 200 million idots who fill their days with American Idol and Dr Phil.

At the very least, Penn has visited Iraq and can find it on a world map.

I would never refer to the majority of Americans as idiots.   :-\

But Penn is an idiot.   :)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2007, 08:20:01 AM »
I would never refer to the majority of Americans as idiots.   :-\

But Penn is an idiot.   :)

In terms of understanding politics, history, and economics, most americans are stupid.

You know what's interesting about your statement... I'm not calling you an idiot.  But they say the one thing which truly seperates idiots from other people is that most people are able to recognize and admit when they don't know much about a particular topic.  Idiots don't recognize their flaws or areas of inexpertise.

I see the majority of Americans don't understand the global conflict in which we're currently engaged in.  Maybe they just makes them dumb.  The "idiots" are the people who think they know what's going on: "We are fighting terrorists and spreading democracy".  Everyone with a tenth a brain knows its about controlling resources and important regions.

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2007, 09:14:47 AM »

I was flipping through the radio and caught him being interviewed on sean hannity show.  I felt really bad for the guy.  Pretty soft spoken guy, kinda shy on the radio.  He said people were threatening to get him after the concert for all the evil things they thought he had done. Of course, I dont care much for sean hannity but I have to agree with him "You won't here about this story on any mainstream media outlets."
Valhalla awaits.