Author Topic: Kerry: USA an international pariah  (Read 4390 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Kerry: USA an international pariah
« on: January 28, 2007, 08:22:59 PM »
"So we have a crisis of confidence in the Middle East in the world, really. I've never seen our country as isolated, as much as a sort of international pariah for a number of reasons as it is today."

http://www.kxmb.com/getARticle.asp?ArticleId=89952

pa·ri·ah     /pəˈraɪə/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[puh-rahy-uh] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun 1. an outcast. 
2. any person or animal that is generally despised or avoided. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Re: Kerry: USA an international pariah
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 08:24:10 PM »
prediction:

kerry will be called names and people will say he hates his country.  These same posters will be unable to provide any evidence that the US isn't viewed in this manner.

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
  • Different Dunes, Same Sand
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2007, 08:36:20 PM »
prediction:

kerry will be called names and people will say he hates his country.  These same posters will be unable to provide any evidence that the US isn't viewed in this manner.

The sorry truth is that if America is viewed as such within the international community, people like John Kerry aren't doing much to help rectify it.  The US should be resolute enough within itself to realise that its government exists to serve its citizens only, and not bow to the views of elitists worldwide.
Thread Killer

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2007, 08:48:11 PM »
I agree Kerry is a negative ninny.  And he certainly has no problem making controversial statement which - while sometimes TRUE - are hard to swallow (like when he called out US forced for killing civilians, then it turned out some had raped/murdered).

Bruce, you're from aussie, right?  How is the US viewed there?

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2007, 08:56:17 PM »
Shadow your not from the US, right? How is the US viewed in kazakstan ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2007, 08:58:47 PM »
shadow love the US.  he thanks us for the good we bring to his country :)

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2007, 09:14:28 PM »
I agree Kerry is a negative ninny.  And he certainly has no problem making controversial statement which - while sometimes TRUE - are hard to swallow (like when he called out US forced for killing civilians, then it turned out some had raped/murdered).

Bruce, you're from aussie, right?  How is the US viewed there?

I'm glad you asked that, Rob.  Depends where you go and who you ask.  Is there a large anti-American movement here?  Sure.  Are they justified in their hatred towards all things American?  I would say definitely not.  We have to understand most of these guys are deeply entrenched in the left-wing, demonstrated by their unwillingness to criticise radical Islam, yet their frequent maligning of the United States.  How they justify this is beyond me - the US (compared to Islam), by my reckoning is a bastion for the following (former) left-wind ideologies:

- Gay Rights
- Minority Rights
- Free immigration
- Education
- Freedom of speech

I could go on.

I must also mention Australia's great support and friendship for America.  A lot of Australian's adore and respect our bigger brother across the Pacific.  America is still remembered for its help offered in the South Pacific during WW2, and hopefully Australia is noted for returning the favour more than once.  Our current government is conservative and in my opinion very competent, we support the US in Iraq and all conflicts because we know you are there for us in return, and we largely agree with how your country operates.  Many Americanisms find their way inter-twined with Australian life because we truly enjoy your country.  This being said, Australians are still very independent, and we believe in spreading democracy in our region too, as seen with our assistance to the East Timorese - one of the world's youngest nations.
Thread Killer

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2007, 09:16:54 PM »
Shadow your not from the US, right? How is the US viewed in kazakstan ;D

Shadow doesn't live in Kazakstan....He lives in DUMBFUCKISTAN.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2007, 09:24:03 PM »
I'm glad you asked that, Rob.  Depends where you go and who you ask.  Is there a large anti-American movement here?  Sure.  Are they justified in their hatred towards all things American?  I would say definitely not.  We have to understand most of these guys are deeply entrenched in the left-wing, demonstrated by their unwillingness to criticise radical Islam, yet their frequent maligning of the United States.  How they justify this is beyond me - the US (compared to Islam), by my reckoning is a bastion for the following (former) left-wind ideologies:

- Gay Rights
- Minority Rights
- Free immigration
- Education
- Freedom of speech

I could go on.

I must also mention Australia's great support and friendship for America.  A lot of Australian's adore and respect our bigger brother across the Pacific.  America is still remembered for its help offered in the South Pacific during WW2, and hopefully Australia is noted for returning the favour more than once.  Our current government is conservative and in my opinion very competent, we support the US in Iraq and all conflicts because we know you are there for us in return, and we largely agree with how your country operates.  Many Americanisms find their way inter-twined with Australian life because we truly enjoy your country.  This being said, Australians are still very independent, and we believe in spreading democracy in our region too, as seen with our assistance to the East Timorese - one of the world's youngest nations.

Cool.  yeah, I saw a poll today that something like 78% of the world disagrees with our war in Iraq.  I agree that as an American, the goals of America come first.  But world resentment is important, especially in this global economy.  When Bush/Snow said we needed to take iraq because they might choose not to sell us oil - made me think about what happens if ten nations suddenly refused to sell us oil, ya know?  We can't invade saudi, venez, and 8 other countries at once because they're just so sick of our shit they stop dealing with us. 

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2007, 09:34:17 PM »
Cool.  yeah, I saw a poll today that something like 78% of the world disagrees with our war in Iraq.  I agree that as an American, the goals of America come first.  But world resentment is[/i] important, especially in this global economy.  When Bush/Snow said we needed to take iraq because they might choose not to sell us oil - made me think about what happens if ten nations suddenly refused to sell us oil, ya know?  We can't invade saudi, venez, and 8 other countries at once because they're just so sick of our shit they stop dealing with us. 

Don't get me wrong, I think the sentiment of the so called 'international community' is important, I just doubt we really know how to gauge it - and I certainly think it needs to be taken with a drop of oil occasionally.  For example, the level of international aid America gives (both privately and publicly) is astonishing, and goes largely ignored by most of what I consider to be this community.  People also develop great double-standards with the US that we wouldn't otherwise see with less generous nations.  We see the media criticise the involvement in Iraq, yet berate the Americans for not doing more in the world.  They should use their might to help.  They shouldn't get involved.  Let's be a little more consistent with how we debate America's role in this community.
Thread Killer

Oblique

• Getbig III
  • The Warrior King
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2007, 11:41:27 PM »
Kery is a moron and a traitor.

He actually believes he's supposed to be president. He thinks that it was his birthright and how dare any of us stand in his way. I'm starting to think the guy might be clinically insane. Delusional isn't a strong enough word to describe this dink.

He cried like a bitch because he wanted to run but he knows he has no chance against the dyke.

Oblique

• Getbig III
  • The Warrior King
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2007, 11:54:00 PM »
Don't get me wrong, I think the sentiment of the so called 'international community' is important, I just doubt we really know how to gauge it - and I certainly think it needs to be taken with a drop of oil occasionally.  For example, the level of international aid America gives (both privately and publicly) is astonishing, and goes largely ignored by most of what I consider to be this community.  People also develop great double-standards with the US that we wouldn't otherwise see with less generous nations.  We see the media criticise the involvement in Iraq, yet berate the Americans for not doing more in the world.  They should use their might to help.  They shouldn't get involved.  Let's be a little more consistent with how we debate America's role in this community.

You impress me. :)

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2007, 01:51:59 AM »
Kery is a moron and a traitor.

He actually believes he's supposed to be president. He thinks that it was his birthright and how dare any of us stand in his way. I'm starting to think the guy might be clinically insane. Delusional isn't a strong enough word to describe this dink.

He cried like a bitch because he wanted to run but he knows he has no chance against the dyke.

Why do you think he is a traitor?

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2007, 07:44:15 AM »

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2007, 08:00:21 AM »
http://www.stolenhonor.com/

Did he betray his country?

Or did he betray a group of people in Washington whose goal was a 15-year quagmire in Vietnam despite the will of the American people to leave Vietnam?

Sad that you will drop the word 'traitor' so frequently about people who use the rights bestowed upon them by the constitution, when they're using them to speak out about abuses to our nation.  You don't understand the word, do you?

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2007, 08:26:51 AM »
George Washington was viewed as a traitor.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2007, 09:29:27 AM »

Or did he betray a group of people in Washington whose goal was a 15-year quagmire in Vietnam despite the will of the American people to leave Vietnam?

Sad that you will drop the word 'traitor' so frequently about people who use the rights bestowed upon them by the constitution, when they're using them to speak out about abuses to our nation.  You don't understand the word, do you?

I doubt he betrayed a group of people. Check your facts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swift_Boat_Veterans_for_Truth

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2007, 09:35:56 AM »
I was referring to the group of neocons back then who had a hard-on for war, when he came home and spoke out against the war. 

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2007, 10:00:39 AM »
This is the thing.....the dumb sonofabitch did it in another country.....again.....IM O, thats a betrayal of his country, Gore does the same thing, when will those low life POS pull they're heads out of their asses and realize they do THIS country not one bit of good!

Yes, he IS a Traitor!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2007, 10:06:31 AM »
This is the thing.....the dumb sonofabitch did it in another country.....again.....IM O, thats a betrayal of his country, Gore does the same thing, when will those low life POS pull they're heads out of their asses and realize they do THIS country not one bit of good!

Yes, he IS a Traitor!

Mr I,

The punishment for being a trator is execution.
Are you saying he should be executed?

If you're prepared to outright call another American a traitor, you should have no problem calling for his execution. 

Do you believe he should be executed? 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2007, 10:08:34 AM »

He betrayed his country and more specifically the prisoners of war who were held captive while Kerry was on his anti-American rant.  Traitor.  It wouldn’t bother quite as much if he didn’t use his military service to try and become commander in chief. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2007, 10:09:32 AM »
Mr I,

The punishment for being a trator is execution.
Are you saying he should be executed?

If you're prepared to outright call another American a traitor, you should have no problem calling for his execution. 

Do you believe he should be executed? 

Do you see how SERIOUS it is for you to call another man a traitor?

You just called JOhn Kerry, a man who spent his life serving this nation, A TRAITOR.

By definition, traitors commit treason and should be executed.

Do you know how serious this charge is?

Do you know huge it is for you to say that a war vet, a senator, another man, should DIE, in your opinion?

I don't think you seriously understand the severity of the words you say, it just "feels right".  

WOuld you tell Kerry to his face you believe he is a traitor and should be executed?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2007, 10:11:16 AM »
He betrayed his country and more specifically the prisoners of war who were held captive while Kerry was on his anti-American rant.  Traitor.  It wouldn’t bother quite as much if he didn’t use his military service to try and become commander in chief. 

Beach Bum,

People who commit treason (traitors) are sentenced to die by hanging.

I'm guessing you understand this.

How the hell can you say this about a senator?  DO you understand how damn serious this is?  Step back.  You just accused a senator of being a traitor.  Do you support him being punished by law as is required for traitors? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2007, 10:14:10 AM »
Mr I and Beach Bum -

The word "traitor" is applied by you two, to jsut about anyone who disses the war.  When you outright call Senator John Kerry a traitor, do you realize what action you are calling for?

Are you two crazy?  Even when I discuss 9/11, in which I believe Bush knew and didn't act, I've never made such a statement, because IMO it is by far the WORST thing you can say about a fellow American, and you damn sure better not use it unless you mean it.  If you call a person a traitor, you are saying that person should be executed for betraying his country.

Do you two realize how wrong that is to casually call someone that because you disagree with them politically?

Please explain your position.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2007, 10:18:04 AM »
240 - Watch the documentary and then get back to me. 

http://www.stolenhonor.com/