Author Topic: Why is it that the only white people i see disbelieving global warming  (Read 3705 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Why is it that the only white people i see disbelieving global warming
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2007, 09:56:05 AM »
That is a point of view from a biased individual, that graph of sea level rise is hard facts.

you're not understanding this -

when enough of these holes form, the ice which sites on top of the land WILL fall into the sea.  This is simple physics.  The temp is going up, fact.  Ice melts at higher temp, fact.  This ice is melting, fact.

The chunks will fall into the sea, bro.  They can't say when, but all will agree at the current temp levels, these chunks will fall into the sea.  Then, when they do, it is scientifically required that they melt, which will raise sea level by definition.

Scientists can debate WHEN.  They cannot debate whether or not it will happen.  The current temp dictates the ice will melt.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2007, 10:00:00 AM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_dimming

[edit] Relationship to global warming
Some scientists now consider that the effects of global dimming have masked the effect of global warming to some extent and that resolving global dimming may therefore lead to increases in predictions of future temperature rise. [3]. It may be suggested that increasing aerosol might be a possible solution to global warming. However, aerosol has negative effects (acid rain) which is why nations have made efforts to reduce it. Also, the aerosol has a very short lifetime (weeks).

The phenomenon underlying global dimming may also have regional effects. While most of the earth has warmed, the regions that are downwind from major sources of air pollution (specifically sulfur dioxide emissions) have generally cooled. This may explain the cooling of the eastern United States relative to the warming western part [7].
carpe` vaginum!

Thunderfck1

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2007, 10:03:22 AM »
you're not understanding this -

when enough of these holes form, the ice which sites on top of the land WILL fall into the sea.  This is simple physics.  The temp is going up, fact.  Ice melts at higher temp, fact.  This ice is melting, fact.

The chunks will fall into the sea, bro.  They can't say when, but all will agree at the current temp levels, these chunks will fall into the sea.  Then, when they do, it is scientifically required that they melt, which will raise sea level by definition.

Scientists can debate WHEN.  They cannot debate whether or not it will happen.  The current temp dictates the ice will melt.
I'm not saying that if the temperature continues to rise that the ice caps will stay ice, what I'm saying is that the temperature wont keep rising until it is 100 degrees in february.  The Earth fluctuates.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2007, 10:18:04 AM »
I'm not saying that if the temperature continues to rise that the ice caps will stay ice, what I'm saying is that the temperature wont keep rising until it is 100 degrees in february.  The Earth fluctuates.

the earth fluctuates because our orbit wobbles...as does the sun...since the center of mass for our solarsystem is not exactly dead center of the sun...the sun also orbits the center of mass..which is seen an the sun wobble)

n soo at times in this wobble we r further away in our orbit..then at other times..

the scientists ALREADY ACCOUNTED FOR THIS...

global warming is REAL..
carpe` vaginum!

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2007, 01:23:47 PM »
Global warming is pretty real. Obviously we're not gonna see immediate effects, but what about in 100 years? Why is it that we're so caught up in arguing about whether it's real or not, when it's clearly obvious that it is.

Why is it that temperatures were fairly constant before the latter part of the Industrial revolution? Why did global temperatures increase in the 1900's? To people that say "well the earth has natural warming and cooling periods." Can you guys come up the cause? For those of you saying that global warming is not real, can you please explain why Greenland's ice sheets along with the west Antartic ice sheets are melting?