Author Topic: "Burn the fat, Feed the muscle" Opinions?  (Read 3813 times)

Arnold Palmer

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • LET ME OUT OF TIME OUT NEED ADVICE GETTING GYNO!!!
"Burn the fat, Feed the muscle" Opinions?
« on: January 29, 2007, 09:30:37 AM »
should i trust and go by everything in the ebook "Burn the fat, feed the muscle" By Tom Venuto??? i am looking for confirmation that it is an effective program is followed correctly. Anyone use it and have success???  Im looking to lose about 15-20lbs of fat but its hard to do with out losing muscle.

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
Re: "Burn the fat, Feed the muscle" Opinions?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 09:34:02 AM »
I'm still reading through it. If nothing, else it's a great read!

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 09:35:44 AM »
I would never blindly follow anything.  Like anything else, start the program, monitor the results, if it doesn't work, make adjustments.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 03:24:31 PM »
havent heard of it
Z

Tier

• Getbig III
  • Lift light with sloppy form
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2007, 07:30:55 PM »
I think its the best read ive read on getting someone unsure what to do or trust

like what mrambo said , follow it and adjust to suit your needs , thats what i did.

darksol

• Getbig III
  • ProSportNutrition.net
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2007, 08:51:45 PM »
Its worked pretty well for me.  However I have not tried it for long periods of time.  Just a week, and the results were excellent

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2007, 12:20:06 AM »
Its worked pretty well for me.  However I have not tried it for long periods of time.  Just a week, and the results were excellent

Bullshit. You sound like an advertisement. Nobody makes visible gains in one week. Same with lowering bodyfat. If you were low before and lost water, maybe.

What results did you get in one week?
With steroids or natural?

WhiteHulk4

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2007, 12:35:22 PM »

I must second DK's notion...  The above statement is absolutely RETARDED!  The Burn The Fat Feed The Muscle program is a DIET program!  It's a calculated & balanced (and I will say, VERY well written and thought out) ratio of carbs, protein & fat depending on your individual caloric needs.  I believe it's approximately 50-55% carbs, 30% protein, and 15-20% fat.

To say that following a diet like this gave you great results in ONE WEEK is ludicrous!  A diet like this works over the course of months, not days dipshit!

darksol

• Getbig III
  • ProSportNutrition.net
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2007, 10:38:07 AM »
I didn't say I had " the results ", I said I got results.  As in I could visibly tell it was working. Granted that might have been from loosing some water weight. Of course if you want to get really cut you have to use it for months.  It was motivating to see results happen as fast as they did.  I never said I went from Fat ASS to looking like arnold in a week. 

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2007, 10:41:15 AM »
I didn't say I had " the results ", I said I got results.  As in I could visibly tell it was working. Granted that might have been from loosing some water weight. Of course if you want to get really cut you have to use it for months.  It was motivating to see results happen as fast as they did.  I never said I went from Fat ASS to looking like arnold in a week. 

"the results were excellent" ?? ??

haha, no excuses. i guess you were only a little overenthusiastic.  ;) ;)

furn

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2007, 12:54:04 PM »
Yeah, It's a good book, the only way i finally get ride of my last belly fat to a good 6% bodyfat.

But, it's pretty hard to follow, try to have a life that permit you to eat 6 solid meal in interval of 3 hours.

For a student like me, working a part-time job in a restaurant, impossible to me to always eat 6 time a day, and with little money, you finish by eating the same thing meal after meal.

Anyway, Yes, this is an incredible book, if you have the lifestyle and money for.

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
  • WILL HARRIS: BRINGING GAY BACK!
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2007, 12:02:40 AM »
its a great book BUT definitely make some adjustments.

i dont totally agree with what he says about cardio ( i like using long duration walking for cardio (1 hr to 1 and 1/2 hours [when i am high bodyfat] and not interval training)

JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!

darksol

• Getbig III
  • ProSportNutrition.net
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2007, 02:20:24 AM »
"the results were excellent" ?? ??

haha, no excuses. i guess you were only a little overenthusiastic.  ;) ;)

The key to life is lowered expectations.  I hold low expectations for diet and exercise, so when I see any results I get excited, and this keeps me motivated.  Too many people set the expectation of I am going to get huge in a week through muscletec and its line of quality products  ;D  We all know where these high expectations lead to.... siting in front of the TV depressed, eating chips and watching informercials, bringing us to get phyched up again by some muscle head pushing his latest get in shape gadget, thus restarting the cycle.

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
  • WILL HARRIS: BRINGING GAY BACK!
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2007, 05:46:26 AM »
well said,

how do u think i felt when i saw boyer coe, and lou ferrigno and 'stand tall' as im doing bike cardio and i look down and see a layer of fat around my waist.........

but it just makes me want to lose more....it all takes time and consistency.
JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!

darksol

• Getbig III
  • ProSportNutrition.net
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2007, 12:21:47 AM »
well said,

how do u think i felt when i saw boyer coe, and lou ferrigno and 'stand tall' as im doing bike cardio and i look down and see a layer of fat around my waist.........

but it just makes me want to lose more....it all takes time and consistency.

I agree seeing others who have succeeded in doing great things motivate others. Its just too bad 24 hour fitness won't play bodybuilding videos to help motivate it patrons.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2007, 07:41:15 AM »
Arnold-
I found it to be a balanced, conservative approach.  No wild claims, just good common sense.  6 clean meals/ day at 50-30-20 (maybe it was 55-30-15), carb taper and carb cycle, plenty of water.  Shoot for 1 pound/ week.  Any more than 2 pounds/ week and you're just losing muscle.

I confess I skimmed over the opening chapters on goal setting and motivation because I hate condescending bullshit like that.  Makes me want to go sell Amway or something.  The rest seemed solid enough, just a lot longer than it really had to be.

darksol-  That was water and glycogen loss, just like Venuto says.

darksol

• Getbig III
  • ProSportNutrition.net
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2007, 08:44:44 PM »
Your absolutely right.  Its amazing how good a person can look short term just by loosing that.  Too bad it doesn't mean anything since its not sustainable