Author Topic: Arnold for President  (Read 4932 times)

Stark

• Getbig V
Re: Arnold for President
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2007, 06:04:56 PM »
You don't get to were he is from just beeing simply dumb... and if you counterattack by pointing out that G.W.Bush has a mental capacity of a 12 year old, I would like to counter with the argument that Arnold was not like Bush born with a silver spoon in his month.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2007, 06:36:50 PM »
You don't get to were he is from just beeing simply dumb... and if you counterattack by pointing out that G.W.Bush has a mental capacity of a 12 year old, I would like to counter with the argument that Arnold was not like Bush born with a silver spoon in his month.

I don't think of Schwarzenegger as smart because of his career success actually. He's smart because he is. The career developments didn't require brilliance IMO.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2007, 06:40:06 PM »
theoretically.... I'll take Arnold for President!!!  A. I guarantee he's not Bush stupid so it can't get worse than it is now.  B. This guy isn't going to be told what to do by a bunch of neoconservatives working for Israel, which is an active FBI investigation right now... C. He actually doesn't just pretend to work with all sides to get things done, from everything I've heard, he's actually sincere and has a track record of doing exactly that.  D. He knows more than anything how to go into a room with another party and have them submit to his will.  This is exacty what we need, I guy that walks into a room with semi-hostile leaders and comes out having heard, yes... yes... Ok... sure... youbet... Ok... will do... sounds good...  His charisma is unstopable.  That is probably his greatest strength and after Bush, a guys so easy to hate, has ushered America to a new all time low in world popularity an Arnold is exactly what we need.  He is the ONLY Republican I would vote for dumb or not.  I'd take dumb over psycho Hillary or bumbling Kerry or geriatric McCain or any other old guard cold war fuctard dinosaurs...

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2007, 06:48:56 PM »

Ozmo, sorry but your story loses all credibility when you start it off "i knew a limo driver who..."

and Arnolds knowledge of the NFL has nothing to do with running a state, managing a billion dollar career, being married to a Kennedy when youre a republican or anything else important out side of being an NFL analyst.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2007, 06:55:38 PM »

Ozmo, sorry but your story loses all credibility when you start it off "i knew a limo driver who..."

Yea Ozmo... Don't you know you can't use that line unless you're talking about Tom Cruise... :P

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2007, 07:24:39 PM »
He gets a star in my book because he gave my daughter his autograph several years ago.  He co-promotes the Hawaiian Islands Bodybuilding Championships with Mits and Dot Kawashima (the couple who first brought him to the U.S.).  He came over for the show and gave my kid the only autograph in the building (over 1,000 people there).  Very cool of him.  He has never forgotten Mits and Dot either.  He uses his influence to bring in world class entertainment for the show and the top bodybuilders in the world to guest pose.  Ronnie has been there several times.  Cutler was there last year.     

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2007, 08:26:34 PM »

and Arnolds knowledge of the NFL has nothing to do with running a state, managing a billion dollar career, being married to a Kennedy when youre a republican or anything else important out side of being an NFL analyst.

a few points here:

I've had this particular limo driver about a dozen times over the last 5 years.  I take what most people tell me regarding things like this with a grain of salt.  And that was the case until i saw Arnold on MNF.   

But here's the thing:  Do you have to have knowledge of football to know a team is getting beat badly?  THe score was like 20 to 3 at half time and Arnold says:  it's a miracle the way the raiders are playing right now.   Only an idiot would make a statement like that.

Additionally..........Ro nald Reagan was the brightest light on earth either, whether it due to brain giving out or it was due to him just being stupid (i doubt it)  he had a first rate administration behind him which made him a good president at the time.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2007, 08:28:09 PM »
theoretically.... I'll take Arnold for President!!!  A. I guarantee he's not Bush stupid so it can't get worse than it is now.  B. This guy isn't going to be told what to do by a bunch of neoconservatives working for Israel, which is an active FBI investigation right now... C. He actually doesn't just pretend to work with all sides to get things done, from everything I've heard, he's actually sincere and has a track record of doing exactly that.  D. He knows more than anything how to go into a room with another party and have them submit to his will.  This is exacty what we need, I guy that walks into a room with semi-hostile leaders and comes out having heard, yes... yes... Ok... sure... youbet... Ok... will do... sounds good...  His charisma is unstopable.  That is probably his greatest strength and after Bush, a guys so easy to hate, has ushered America to a new all time low in world popularity an Arnold is exactly what we need.  He is the ONLY Republican I would vote for dumb or not.  I'd take dumb over psycho Hillary or bumbling Kerry or geriatric McCain or any other old guard cold war fuctard dinosaurs...

I'd take anyone other then the war mongering neo-cons...........  but Arnold would be low on my list.  School programs are still getting cut in cali.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2007, 09:24:43 PM »

Let's not get carried away. Being a movie star doesn't require brilliance, nor did winning the Olympia. Marrying a Kennedy actually looks contrived. Overall you can't say he's brilliant for all of that; rather it's calculated.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2007, 08:24:12 AM »
Let's not get carried away. Being a movie star doesn't require brilliance, nor did winning the Olympia. Marrying a Kennedy actually looks contrived. Overall you can't say he's brilliant for all of that; rather it's calculated.

Arnold has always maintained a good standing in the PR department.....  is that due to his brilliance or the people that work for him?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2007, 01:21:59 PM »
Arnold has always maintained a good standing in the PR department.....  is that due to his brilliance or the people that work for him?

Both?  Hiring the right people and following their advice takes smarts. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2007, 01:47:45 PM »
Both?  Hiring the right people and following their advice takes smarts. 

Yes it does, but it doesn't require a great deal of smarts.  Being a good president does. 

For example: 

It takes above average smarts to realize that when invading a country you should consult all the experts at your disposal, such as maybe a former Chairman of the Joint Cheifs for example.  Or that you have a well thouhgt out post stratagy with back upi plans in case you stupidly mis-judged things.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2007, 01:52:28 PM »
Yes it does, but it doesn't require a great deal of smarts.  Being a good president does. 

For example: 

It takes above average smarts to realize that when invading a country you should consult all the experts at your disposal, such as maybe a former Chairman of the Joint Cheifs for example.  Or that you have a well thouhgt out post stratagy with back upi plans in case you stupidly mis-judged things.

I guess the real issue is this:  is Arnold smart enough to be prez?  I say yes based on his wealth creation, maintenance of his business, and running the largest state in the country.  He may not be a Rhodes Scholar, but he appears to be smart enough to lead the country. 

But I don't like the football thing.  Few things irk me more than a man who knows nothing about football.   :)

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2007, 03:20:11 PM »
I wonder what Arnold's stances are on marijuana?   ;D

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2007, 03:34:19 PM »

He learned directly from the master marketer/blaster, one Joe Weider. What more would he need? ;D

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2007, 04:42:29 PM »
a few points here:

I've had this particular limo driver about a dozen times over the last 5 years.  I take what most people tell me regarding things like this with a grain of salt.  And that was the case until i saw Arnold on MNF.   

But here's the thing:  Do you have to have knowledge of football to know a team is getting beat badly?  THe score was like 20 to 3 at half time and Arnold says:  it's a miracle the way the raiders are playing right now.   Only an idiot would make a statement like that.

Additionally..........Ro nald Reagan was the brightest light on earth either, whether it due to brain giving out or it was due to him just being stupid (i doubt it)  he had a first rate administration behind him which made him a good president at the time.

So let me get this straight you would take a limo drivers perspective who you have used on average of a little more than twice a year in a five year span and Arnold's football knowledge and conclude that he is not a smart person.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2007, 04:46:16 PM »
  So let me get this straight you would take a limo drivers perspective who you have used on average of a little more than twice a year in a five year span and Arnold's football knowledge and conclude that he is not a smart person.

No, not completely, but based on those 2 bits of info, the MNF comment being the stroonger one and the limo driver being supporting evidence, i would tend to think he's not all that smart.

P.S.,  it's not his knowledge of football here, it's his inability to recognize the obvious that scares me.

Would i bet money on this striaght up?  no.  Would i bet money if given odds? perhaps.

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
  • Different Dunes, Same Sand
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2007, 04:49:29 PM »
No, not completely, but based on those 2 bits of info, the MNF comment being the stroonger one and the limo driver being supporting evidence, i would tend to think he's not all that smart.

P.S.,  it's not his knowledge of football here, it's his inability to recognize the obvious that scares me.

Would i bet money on this striaght up?  no.  Would i bet money if given odds? perhaps.

And yet you had no problem claiming it was fact earlier.
Thread Killer

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2007, 04:50:42 PM »
And yet you had no problem claiming it was fact earlier.

ARE YOU PUTTING WORDS IN MY MOUTH?   ;D

I never claimed it to be irrefuttalbe evidence.  I was only tellingyou what i thought and heard.

Debussey

• Getbig IV
  • The shadow braggs about hitting women
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2007, 04:50:55 PM »

Can you tell some of the stories the limo driver told you about Arnold?
Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2007, 04:54:49 PM »
Can you tell some of the stories the limo driver told you about Arnold?

He got in an arguement with Maria about tractor tires on a flat bed.  He thought they belonged to 4 x 4's you buy at a car lot unmodified when they were clearly "skinny" tractor tires.  The limo driver said everyone else in the limo just patronized him by not saying anything.

He also said Maria is very smart.

Again guys,  i know this is all hear say and not all that credible....  i'm just saying what i heard and the MNF thing is what made me think the way i do about it.

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
  • Different Dunes, Same Sand
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2007, 04:58:02 PM »
ARE YOU PUTTING WORDS IN MY MOUTH?   ;D

I never claimed it to be irrefuttalbe evidence.  I was only tellingyou what i thought and heard.

Consider your balls busted  ;)
Thread Killer

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2007, 04:59:11 PM »

Debussey

• Getbig IV
  • The shadow braggs about hitting women
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2007, 05:21:15 PM »
He got in an arguement with Maria about tractor tires on a flat bed.  He thought they belonged to 4 x 4's you buy at a car lot unmodified when they were clearly "skinny" tractor tires.  The limo driver said everyone else in the limo just patronized him by not saying anything.

He also said Maria is very smart.

Again guys,  i know this is all hear say and not all that credible....  i'm just saying what i heard and the MNF thing is what made me think the way i do about it.

This does not prove a lack of intelligence.

Frank Zane said Ahnuld to be very good at math.

His ex Barbara said he had an extremely good memory

His inability to grasp contemporary tractor tire concepts is not the best indicator of ze brains.

Please: Tell us more stories. This is good shit ;D
Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!