Author Topic: City of miami planning a party  (Read 2309 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
City of miami planning a party
« on: January 29, 2007, 02:00:22 PM »
The Miami City Council to hold a govt sanctioned "death party" in the Orange Bowl, to celebrate when Fidel Castro dies.

Stark

• Getbig V
Re: City of miami planning a party
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 02:02:22 PM »
Bullshit...  :-\

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 02:03:38 PM »
Bullshit...  :-\

MSNBC's Tucker Carlson just discussed it.  I'll post a link when I come across one.  No BS.

OneBigMan

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 02:20:55 PM »
I thought the Orange Bowl in Miami was always used basically for only sporting events ??? ??? ???

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2007, 02:22:30 PM »
FIDEL NEVER DIES VIVA FIDEL VIVA CUBA!!!!

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2007, 02:31:09 PM »
The Miami City Council to hold a govt sanctioned "death party" in the Orange Bowl, to celebrate when Fidel Castro dies.

So what?

Containing them in the Orange Bowl might prevent the Miami Cubans from tearing up the streets like their team just won the World Cup or something.
Ron: "I am lazy."

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2007, 02:33:15 PM »
I thought the Orange Bowl in Miami was always used basically for only sporting events ??? ??? ???

There are very expensive riots parties in miami every time a sickness rumor occurs.  And by expensive, I mean, the taxpayer has to pay for a lot of cops in little havana to clean up the mess and control people.  My guess is that the Orange Bowl would prove one place to watch everyone with minimal looting opportunity.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2007, 02:38:24 PM »
There are very expensive riots parties in miami every time a sickness rumor occurs.  And by expensive, I mean, the taxpayer has to pay for a lot of cops in little havana to clean up the mess and control people.  My guess is that the Orange Bowl would prove one place to watch everyone with minimal looting opportunity.

Give me a Fire Truck with the big nozzle on top to shoot water at people and I think I could keep order.
S

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
  • Different Dunes, Same Sand
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2007, 02:40:00 PM »
There are very expensive riots parties in miami every time a sickness rumor occurs.  And by expensive, I mean, the taxpayer has to pay for a lot of cops in little havana to clean up the mess and control people.  My guess is that the Orange Bowl would prove one place to watch everyone with minimal looting opportunity.

You'll have to forgive me for my lack of intricate knowledge of this situation, but gathering an excited ethnic minority in an even smaller area sounds like a bad idea to me.  Is it the government's purpose to provide an arena for people to riot in a confined area?  Or should we be doing more to stop people from rioting in the first place?
Thread Killer

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2007, 02:50:25 PM »
You'll have to forgive me for my lack of intricate knowledge of this situation, but gathering an excited ethnic minority in an even smaller area sounds like a bad idea to me.  Is it the government's purpose to provide an arena for people to riot in a confined area?  Or should we be doing more to stop people from rioting in the first place?

there's really no stopping them unless you want to soak some serious $ in police in teh area.  Crappy tax base there.  Lots of poor people, lots of illegals.  They throw a party on the streets every time castro gets a cold. 

At least the Orange bowl will allow minimal police resources to be used and keep everyone under eyes from an altitude.

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2007, 02:52:46 PM »
there's really no stopping them unless you want to soak some serious $ in police in teh area.  Crappy tax base there.  Lots of poor people, lots of illegals.  They throw a party on the streets every time castro gets a cold. 

At least the Orange bowl will allow minimal police resources to be used and keep everyone under eyes from an altitude.

I still don't like the concept of housing government-funded riots, it sends the entirely wrong message and helps nothing.
Thread Killer

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2007, 02:55:24 PM »
I still don't like the concept of housing government-funded riots, it sends the entirely wrong message and helps nothing.

hopefully it won't be a riot lol.  if it's on the streets, there's no supervision and people might take the opportunity to settle scores, grab a boom box from someone's porch, spray paint their favorite curse word on something nice, etc.   if they turn it into a festival, they can justify rope borders, supervision.. hell, they can bring in pepsi vendors and porta potties and make a buck.

Still weird tho - a city-sanctioned death celebration to pre-empt riots.

Drij

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2007, 03:02:30 PM »
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16794717/from/ET/

probably will be used for riot control eventually

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2007, 04:12:49 PM »
They should use this as a trap and gather em all up and ship em back. Cost the taxpayers millions each time they do this shit. Last time they stopped all downtown streets and shut down a few blocks, parking cars on the street and dancing on them.

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2007, 04:14:36 PM »
They should use this as a trap and gather em all up and ship em back. Cost the taxpayers millions each time they do this shit. Last time they stopped all downtown streets and shut down a few blocks, parking cars on the street and dancing on them.

I might not entirely agree with your opinion, but god I love that avatar.
Thread Killer

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2007, 04:18:50 PM »
I want the fucker to die soon. Hopefully after he's dead the trade embargo is lifted and I can have me some nice cigars.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2007, 09:15:08 PM »
I might not entirely agree with your opinion, but god I love that avatar.
Yeah sorry bout that, I took it out of context. I forgot the chick in my avatar was cuban :)