Author Topic: List some things bb's think are HARDCORE  (Read 9560 times)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
Re: List some things bb's think are HARDCORE
« Reply #100 on: January 31, 2007, 08:59:15 AM »
Some prick in NJ, had  synthol in his bi's ..total moron, lugged a huge gym bag everywhere he went. Was doing Preachers , picked up a 35 to add to the bar and was like ' to get big muscles you need big wieghts' , then flexed......

hahahah  if your reading this , you know who you are...mr. 4-9, 45 inch waist...bald head, redder than your moms vagina after getting trained on ...looks like valvino but isnt.... Your not fooling anybody bitch.

hahahahaha.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #101 on: January 31, 2007, 09:02:33 AM »
Maintaining a vaccum throughout their entire workout.

Behaving like an asshole whenever you're in public, then come home and post "owning" stories on GetBig.

Tell your date that she'd look great if she cut out simple carbs and bumped up protein.

NEVER smile.  Smiling drops your test level.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: January 31, 2007, 09:06:36 AM »
"my hands are too big to fit in the top of my protein jug" hahahahaha. ::)

body88

« Reply #103 on: January 31, 2007, 09:07:32 AM »
ROFL....now that is f**k hardcore..

I can't stop laughing at this

That is because you can picture in your head, some guy decked out in spandex and max muscle gear, Cranking down his weight belt, and tightning up his knee wraps,before "struggling" to fit into the preacher bench for a few hard fought sets of WAR ON THE BICEPS!!!!!!! Now that my friend is HARDCORE, WOOOO!!!!!

Same guy wears knee wraps and a weight belt to mow the lawn.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #104 on: January 31, 2007, 09:09:11 AM »
AHAHAAHAHAHAH!!!   Sweet thread!!

List of things I'm guilty of from my early training years  :-[ :

1.  Wearing the xs t-shirt to train.
2.  Wearing a weight belt on almost everything.
3.  Carrying a copy of FLEX with me everywhere.
4.  Pointing out the flaws in every guy bigger than me.
5.  Training arms 30 times per week and legs once per month.
6.  Displaying old, empty supplement jugs so friends would be impressed (they weren't LOL).
7.  Bringing rice cakes and a litter of water to a movie theater (fvckin gay LOL!!)
8.  Tri-shooting in every reflective surface on planet Earth.
9.  Skipping outings with friends cause I didn't wanna miss a meal.
10.  Practically having a panic attack cause I couldn't get to the gym for a workout cause of a huge hail storm.
11.  Thinking bb was end all, be all of human existence and criticizing anyone harshly for not "getting it".
12.  Bringing my own food to Thanksgiving with family cause I didn't wanna "wreck my diet".

I was 21-23.....what can I say?

TheEgoCrusher

• Getbig III
« Reply #105 on: January 31, 2007, 09:12:43 AM »
why everyone keep saying this ? That's the most stupid thing I have ever read. A guy is a fucking idiot if he takes steroids to look good for himself but if he competes to win a plastic trophy, he can juice as much as he wants and that makes him the smartest one of the two ?

If you want to make a living through bodybuilding you pretty much have to use.  For anyone using besides those making a living off of training, they are idiots.  (I think the guys trying to make a living off of it and using are idiots as well, fwiw, for letting themselves get sucked into a lifestyle and vocation that requires them to break the law to make a living.  They might as well have been mob hit men).

Out

body88

« Reply #106 on: January 31, 2007, 09:15:54 AM »
Haha, taking your shirt off for a picture with a pro bb. When you are 5.7 135.

Dingleberry

• Getbig IV
  • My nuts, your chin, any questions?
« Reply #107 on: January 31, 2007, 09:16:18 AM »

6.  Displaying old, empty supplement jugs so friends would be impressed (they weren't LOL).
7.  Bringing rice cakes and a litter of water to a movie theater (fvckin gay LOL!!)
10.  Practically having a panic attack cause I couldn't get to the gym for a workout cause of a huge hail storm.
11.  Thinking bb was end all, be all of human existence and criticizing anyone harshly for not "getting it".
12.  Bringing my own food to Thanksgiving with family cause I didn't wanna "wreck my diet".

Good post, I was guilty of some of those things as well.

1.  Wearing the xs t-shirt to train.  - Never
2.  Wearing a weight belt on almost everything. - Guilty
3.  Carrying a copy of FLEX with me everywhere. - Not that bad, but did buy Flex every month
4.  Pointing out the flaws in every guy bigger than me. - Still do that, we all do
5.  Training arms 30 times per week and legs once per month.  - Not that bad, but did neglect legs. Maybe hit legs every two weeks.
6.  Displaying old, empty supplement jugs so friends would be impressed (they weren't LOL).  - Never
7.  Bringing rice cakes and a litter of water to a movie theater (fvckin gay LOL!!)  - Never
8.  Tri-shooting in every reflective surface on planet Earth. - Of course, guilty
9.  Skipping outings with friends cause I didn't wanna miss a meal. - Close, I would skip outings cause I didn't want to drink.
10.  Practically having a panic attack cause I couldn't get to the gym for a workout cause of a huge hail storm.  - Yep, but make it a hurricane
11.  Thinking bb was end all, be all of human existence and criticizing anyone harshly for not "getting it". -yep
12.  Bringing my own food to Thanksgiving with family cause I didn't wanna "wreck my diet".  - Close. I would not eat many of the things on the table. Now I eat everything and say fvck it

A few of my own to add - Link Man of Steel, these are all the stupid/gay things I've done in the past
13. Living off of protein bars and shakes, mistakenly thinking I would get huge as opposed to eating real food.
14. Buying countless supplements that did nothing but put my wallet on a diet. Weiders weight gainer and andro are good examples of this.
15. Using those black fingerless gloves
16. Using wrist straps on damn near all back movements.
17. Shaving my arms and legs to see the cuts - how fvcking gay was that?!! (unless you compete, put the razor down)
18. Training every day hard as hell, never healing, and therefore growing slow as hell.

tiny-tit bounty hunter

body88

« Reply #108 on: January 31, 2007, 09:23:01 AM »
Things I am guilty of as a former HARDCORE bodybuilder.

Being to huge to wear normal  pants/shirts/ hats/gloves/condoms.

Being to huge to use an umbrealla ( got wet many times because of this)

Being to huge to attend my wedding (sent my buddy to stand in,he is less huge so it worked out)

Being to huge to pick my child up from daycare ( f**k that im huge, kid can walk when he learns how to)

Being to huge to wear anything less then OTOMIX, or Various steel toed combat boots

JimmyTheFish

• Getbig III
« Reply #109 on: January 31, 2007, 09:23:28 AM »

hahahahahaha guilty!       ;D

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #110 on: January 31, 2007, 09:36:09 AM »
Food isn't food.  It's "fuel."

Neck presses.

body88

« Reply #111 on: January 31, 2007, 09:40:22 AM »
Food isn't food.  It's "fuel."

Neck presses.

Awesome! They used to have a neck training machine at worlds before it closed. Halarious to see guys use it.

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #112 on: January 31, 2007, 09:40:59 AM »
1.  Wearing the xs t-shirt to train-nope.
2.  Wearing a weight belt on almost everything-yep, low back problems but still "yep"
3.  Carrying a copy of FLEX with me everywhere-nope but I look at them all the time in the store.
4.  Pointing out the flaws in every guy bigger than me-not for along time.
5.  Training arms 30 times per week and legs once per month-yep :-X
6.  Displaying old, empty supplement jugs so friends would be impressed (they weren't LOL)-nope.
7.  Bringing rice cakes and a litter of water to a movie theater (fvckin gay LOL!!)-nope.
8.  Tri-shooting in every reflective surface on planet Earth-probably, but I'm more of a calf shooter these days for some reason-I know ::)
9.  Skipping outings with friends cause I didn't wanna miss a meal-nope.
10.  Practically having a panic attack cause I couldn't get to the gym for a workout cause of a huge hail storm-nope.
11.  Thinking bb was end all, be all of human existence and criticizing anyone harshly for not "getting it"-nope
12.  Bringing my own food to Thanksgiving with family cause I didn't wanna "wreck my diet"-nope but I pile the turkey on my plate and skip some of the other stuff.

nasser=piece of shit

D_1000

• Getbig IV
« Reply #113 on: January 31, 2007, 09:45:58 AM »

Awesome! They used to have a neck training machine at worlds before it closed. Halarious to see guys use it.

Last weekend in the gym a guy was using the lying leg curl machine to train his neck. Basically, his head was below the bad and he kept lifting his head. You learn something new every day...

tweeter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #114 on: January 31, 2007, 09:48:13 AM »
Practicing your posing routine in the gym while listening to creed on your outdated discman (which you conveniantly keep inside your fanny pack)

body88

« Reply #115 on: January 31, 2007, 09:49:05 AM »
Last weekend in the gym a guy was using the lying leg curl machine to train his neck. Basically, his head was below the bad and he kept lifting his head. You learn something new every day...

Haha, that is the funniest thing I have heard in awhile. Take a picture with your mobile if you can! That would be a great sight to see.

body88

« Reply #116 on: January 31, 2007, 09:49:54 AM »
Practicing your posing routine in the gym while listening to creed on your outdated discman (which you conveniantly keep inside your fanny pack)

Haha, then hopping in your 93 iroc, decked out in lime green parachute pants.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: January 31, 2007, 09:54:49 AM »

Great list! I can so relate to just about all of this. Especially #11.
?

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: January 31, 2007, 10:06:58 AM »
Great list! I can so relate to just about all of this. Especially #11.

I think the majority of Getbiggers can relate to a big portion of this list; most just don't have enough humility to admit it cause they'll appear "weak" LOL!!!

C'mon, it's funny.....bb has turned most of us (at least during our early years) into self-absorbed assholes that lose sight of the world around us.    Basically we have "us" (the bb cult) and "the world"/"the norms"/"the fats"/"the losers"/"the undisciplined"/"the normees"/"those that don't get it"/"the unwilling and unable"/"the weak".......yeah, there's some truth in what we all preach, but there's a shitload of crap too.

I used to quote to everyone "while everyone isn't in the gym, I am.....the rest of the world destroys themselves while I make myself stronger and better."   AHAHAHAHAH!!!  Makes me laugh now how naive I was (we're only talking about 10 years ago), but there is still truth in it.   I've never stepped foot onstage, attended a bb show, or plan to get into ultra shredded condition worthy of competition; therefore, why live the absolute diehard bb lifestyle?

I'm not Dave Palumbo who vomits up the boiled chicken breasts he just choked down and then scoops it up and re-eats while trying not to gag......I say fvck that chicken and get something else even if it's at McDonalds....the world, my physique and my life ain't gonna end because of it.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #119 on: January 31, 2007, 10:35:29 AM »
why everyone keep saying this ? That's the most stupid thing I have ever read. A guy is a fucking idiot if he takes steroids to look good for himself but if he competes to win a plastic trophy, he can juice as much as he wants and that makes him the smartest one of the two ?

::)

I agree with you on this one...

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: January 31, 2007, 10:41:40 AM »
  I feel ya, MOS!

It took me YEARS to put the issue of 'I am so much better than everyone...everyone els is ORDINARY...I'm different/unique, I eat right and train...I would be an awesome catch for any chick...look at my chest...only people who hate themselves would ever drink a can of Pepsi and drink beer and eat McDonalds...hahahahaha.. .I'm superior...I eat tuna and grilled chicken breast'  away about...2 years ago.

I literally convinced myself that EVERYONE who wasnt a hardcore BB were just wastes of oxygen and a waste of time. Their life meant nothing. The guy in the lab trying to find a cure for cancer? hahaha...wahtever...p-ssy probably couldnt squat 135! The single mom working 2 jobs and putting herslef through school eating macaroni for breakfast/lunch and dinner? hahahaha...fat bitch will never know the secrets of weight loss and carbohydrates and its role in     the human body. The fireman shown on the cover of the news-paper carrying down a child from a ladder out of a burning bulding? Hahahaha...whatever! If he trained hard he could have carried out two children.

I finally let that go. A small part of me still fears...still dreads the day when I walk away from this completely and 'shrink' and blend in the crowd. The day people STOP asking me questions and STOP noticing I 'wok out' is a day i so fear. I'd be 'ordinary' then right?

It's a little different cuz I do compete, MOS but I still understand what you mean. My gym. Across the street there is a liquor store. I used to hope and wait/look forward seeing my peers, people I grew up with, people I know/recognize from the neighborhood on a Friday night go in and walk out w/ cases of BudLite to their cars while I was in the gym. I'd say to myself..."Hahahaha...YES! Good! Drink up! Then after beer drinking go to White Castles and eat until you explode then go to sleep...I'll be in here squatting and leg pressing until 10pm"

I used to see a McDonalds commercial for the new 'sandwich' and think..."YES! Thats right people...run out and buy that and get a McFlury to wash it down...good, I'll be eating this tuna/brown rice! I'm too good for that! I'll look better then they will look at me and think I'm GREAT!"

Crazy, right? Damn...a McFlury! Mmmm...
?

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #121 on: January 31, 2007, 10:59:57 AM »
i actually stayed on bodyopus for a while...

those were some dizzy..fuzzy..worst i did in college times.. :(

i remember i used to open the gym up an hour early to train...loud heavy metal n all..so i could be alone in there..squatting..a la rocky...  :-[
carpe` vaginum!

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #122 on: January 31, 2007, 11:03:06 AM »
You're all worthless and weak!  Now drop and give me 20.
 ;D

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: January 31, 2007, 02:16:47 PM »
 I feel ya, MOS!

It took me YEARS to put the issue of 'I am so much better than everyone...everyone els is ORDINARY...I'm different/unique, I eat right and train...I would be an awesome catch for any chick...look at my chest...only people who hate themselves would ever drink a can of Pepsi and drink beer and eat McDonalds...hahahahaha.. .I'm superior...I eat tuna and grilled chicken breast'  away about...2 years ago.

I literally convinced myself that EVERYONE who wasnt a hardcore BB were just wastes of oxygen and a waste of time. Their life meant nothing. The guy in the lab trying to find a cure for cancer? hahaha...wahtever...p-ssy probably couldnt squat 135! The single mom working 2 jobs and putting herslef through school eating macaroni for breakfast/lunch and dinner? hahahaha...fat bitch will never know the secrets of weight loss and carbohydrates and its role in     the human body. The fireman shown on the cover of the news-paper carrying down a child from a ladder out of a burning bulding? Hahahaha...whatever! If he trained hard he could have carried out two children.

I finally let that go. A small part of me still fears...still dreads the day when I walk away from this completely and 'shrink' and blend in the crowd. The day people STOP asking me questions and STOP noticing I 'wok out' is a day i so fear. I'd be 'ordinary' then right?

It's a little different cuz I do compete, MOS but I still understand what you mean. My gym. Across the street there is a liquor store. I used to hope and wait/look forward seeing my peers, people I grew up with, people I know/recognize from the neighborhood on a Friday night go in and walk out w/ cases of BudLite to their cars while I was in the gym. I'd say to myself..."Hahahaha...YES! Good! Drink up! Then after beer drinking go to White Castles and eat until you explode then go to sleep...I'll be in here squatting and leg pressing until 10pm"

I used to see a McDonalds commercial for the new 'sandwich' and think..."YES! Thats right people...run out and buy that and get a McFlury to wash it down...good, I'll be eating this tuna/brown rice! I'm too good for that! I'll look better then they will look at me and think I'm GREAT!"

Crazy, right? Damn...a McFlury! Mmmm...

AHAHAH!!  You and I are pretty similar in how we used to think....with bb you can literally become lost in your own head if you're not careful and casually dismiss the world around you.   Sure there's many, many facets of the "regular world" that are total crap and not worthy of any of my attention, but plenty of things are far more important than the "bb lifestyle" and I see many diehards missing some of those things....relationships, education, family, etc....

While in college I would think, "what's so hard about working a professional job, being married (some with children) and still hittin the gym everyday?   Piece of cake!!"   As I slowly advanced in my career and hit my 1st job in which I was assigned projects that kept me busy 80 hours/week for 6 months I quickly learned how hard some non-bb folk actually do work and that balancing a career, family and healthy lifestyle can be very, very challenging....not impossible, but challenging.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: January 31, 2007, 02:22:23 PM »
Good post, I was guilty of some of those things as well.

1.  Wearing the xs t-shirt to train.  - Never
2.  Wearing a weight belt on almost everything. - Guilty
3.  Carrying a copy of FLEX with me everywhere. - Not that bad, but did buy Flex every month
4.  Pointing out the flaws in every guy bigger than me. - Still do that, we all do
5.  Training arms 30 times per week and legs once per month.  - Not that bad, but did neglect legs. Maybe hit legs every two weeks.
6.  Displaying old, empty supplement jugs so friends would be impressed (they weren't LOL).  - Never
7.  Bringing rice cakes and a litter of water to a movie theater (fvckin gay LOL!!)  - Never
8.  Tri-shooting in every reflective surface on planet Earth. - Of course, guilty
9.  Skipping outings with friends cause I didn't wanna miss a meal. - Close, I would skip outings cause I didn't want to drink.
10.  Practically having a panic attack cause I couldn't get to the gym for a workout cause of a huge hail storm.  - Yep, but make it a hurricane
11.  Thinking bb was end all, be all of human existence and criticizing anyone harshly for not "getting it". -yep
12.  Bringing my own food to Thanksgiving with family cause I didn't wanna "wreck my diet".  - Close. I would not eat many of the things on the table. Now I eat everything and say fvck it

A few of my own to add - Link Man of Steel, these are all the stupid/gay things I've done in the past
13. Living off of protein bars and shakes, mistakenly thinking I would get huge as opposed to eating real food.
14. Buying countless supplements that did nothing but put my wallet on a diet. Weiders weight gainer and andro are good examples of this.
15. Using those black fingerless gloves
16. Using wrist straps on damn near all back movements.
17. Shaving my arms and legs to see the cuts - how fvcking gay was that?!! (unless you compete, put the razor down)
18. Training every day hard as hell, never healing, and therefore growing slow as hell.

AHAHAHAAHAH!!!   Yes Dingleberry, I'm also guilty of the black gloves and severe overtraining....it was only after I backed off my training a bit that I suddenly put on a buncha size....who'da thunk? 

FYI ~ I retired the black gloves after 1 month of use after I realized no one but me was wearing them.....well, me and the tiny tits LOL!!!