Author Topic: Govt scientists coming out, saying the white house pressured them not to talk  (Read 1581 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Govt scientists coming out, saying the white house pressured them not to tlak about global warming.  (sorry, forgot that word!)

(coming on MSNBC now).

I will link once I find one. 

What possible motivation would the White house have for silencing scientists who tried to talk about such an issue?

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
Govt scientists coming out, saying the white house pressured them not to tlak about it.

(coming on MSNBC now).

I will link once I find one. 

What possible motivation would the White house have for silencing scientists who tried to talk about such an issue?
Talk about what 240?  ???

S

240 is Back

• Getbig V
There is evidence of a deliberate attempt to mislead public.

Attempt by Sr. administration officials to mislead public.

White house policy on global warming was actually run by Bill Cooney, an oil lobbyist from the Amer. Petroleum Institutute, directly to the White House position.  He censored a bunch of things, then moved to Exxonn mobil for work.

Congress is just beginnning to get pieces of info about the stifled documents, and people are coming fwd with documents they were forced to censor, removing all references to those two words "global warming".

Smells shady to me.  you?

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
Not a surprise here.

Where are Intestone and BeachBum? I wonder what they think of this?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Not a surprise here.

Where are Intestone and BeachBum? I wonder what they think of this?

Link?  I don't know what this is all about, so I don't have an opinion. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Link?  I don't know what this is all about, so I don't have an opinion. 

This might be it:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/01/30/congress.climate.ap/index.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
This might be it:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/01/30/congress.climate.ap/index.html

Thanks.  Sounds like meddling by the White House, but I didn't read anything to support Waxman's allegation about misleading the public: 

It appears there may have been an orchestrated campaign to mislead the public about climate change," said Rep. Henry Waxman, D-California. Waxman is chairman of the Oversight and Government Reform Committee and a critic of the Bush administration's environmental policies, including its views on climate.

I really haven't been following this global warming issue at all. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
I really haven't been following this global warming issue at all. 

I've read about it a lot lately.  The problem will hurt us 20 to 30 years down the road on a larger scale (where water levels rise).  In the coming years, it'll be things like mistimed crops (see: Cali and FL this year), predatory animals living into other animals reigns and killing off species, etc.

The recent "disinformation campaign" by large corporations, similar to those done by Big Tobacco, were interesting.  THey had scientists launch confusion and doubt pieces in an organized manner.  You can debate whether this proves anything - but it does prove they're willing to spend money to derail any investigation.

Finally - the biggest thing for the Bush Admin is that IF global warming is real, and IF it comes out on his watch, Mr. Gore suddenly gains a whole lot of credibility.  People who own farms wiped out, people with beachfront property who will know with certainty it'll be gone in 15 years (and therefore their retirement real estate is worth zilch) will suddenly become Gore voters.  Finally, about 2 months back, Gore called out Bush angrily for knowing about 9/11 ahead of time and not acting.  So the pieces are there for some serious emotional conflicts surrounding global warming.  Water rising a bit doesn't emotionall affect people much... but losing your retirement, losing your farm, and realizing your dad died on 9/11 and Gore said Bush knew... well, these things are very bad for Bush politically, hence the reason to bury it.